You Probably Don’t Need To Shower

Tenacity

I've minimised my soap usage since starting Peating, but I must admit it would feel very strange to eliminate its usage in my daily shower altogether.

Ukall

If you follow a raw diet this is way easier to do it: no bad smell, or at least almost none, in any part of the body. At least this was my experience.
After returning to cooked foods... Game over. I had to start re-using some soap, unfortunately. My skin got immediately worse and I even reacted badly to the soap.

keith

I usually use soap to clean my bum. :rolleyes:

jyb

I think the no soap shower rinse would be difficult if you work in an office every day, as you're not alone... However, a no soap bath make sense to me as it gives time for the warm water to melt off the grease and sweat. I haven't soaped my body in a few years now, though I use vinegar for shampoo and occasionally wash my hands. I hope it's enough to smell neutral, I don't smell any sweat after a bath, but I'll never know for sure unless I ask a colleague sitting next to me. Oh, and I don't always brush my teeth every day, and toothpaste is absolutely banned in my house - last time I needed to visit a dentist was last decade.

Last edited:

keith

I think the no soap shower rinse would be difficult if you work in an office every day, as you're not alone... However, a no soap bath make sense to me as it gives time for the warm water to melt off the grease and sweat. I haven't soaped my body in a few years now, though I use vinegar for shampoo and occasionally wash my hands. I hope it's enough to smell neutral, I don't smell any sweat after a bath, but I'll never know for sure unless I ask a colleague sitting next to me. Oh, and I don't always brush my teeth every day, and toothpaste is absolutely banned in my house - last time I needed to visit a dentist was last decade.

I'm interested in trying more...I have tried to cut down on soap. I don't use it everywhere any more, but haven't figured out how to avoud washing the stinky and greasy areas. I have a mustache/beard and find even when I tried only using soap every other day, that the greasy smell bother me, especially on the hair right under my nose. Who knows how much my smell bothered everyone else, lol. I guess if I went long enough it would go away, but I don't have the patience, and don't want to embarrass the kids by becoming stinky, greasy dad. Maybe I would have better luck with the MotherDirt spray.

I like hearing everyone else's success stories, though.

keith

Oh, and I still brush, but dropped from twice to once per day, and I use a clay based product with no fluoride, and my last cleaning the hygienist was oohing and aahing over the health of my teeth. It will probably be a long time before I go back though, because they say they need X-rays for insurance reasons, and I don't want the unnecessary radiation. They were supposed to send me literature on the how low and safe the radiation dose was, but never did.

GelatinGoblin

I haven't showered for about a month, just use a towel under my armpits with tap water and put my head and neck under the sink, wash and dry off. I smell pretty neutral and feel alright. I wipe with wet toilet paper so bum's alright. Sometimes clean the front.
Developed a few skin problems on my legs, some itchy stuff. Acne's average.

rei

no soap, no toothbrush/no toothpaste etc. work wonders if you are healthy. But if you are under stress you will be excreting stuff that does not work with no washing practices in social context. Maybe BO in general is just a signal evolution has taught us to be repulsive only because it signals bad health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals