Men of the forum: How long can you go without taking a full shower and washing with soap?

tastyfood

Since I stopped using toilet paper and hoping in the shower quickly to wash my buttocks, I have been feeling less of a need to take a shower every day. One of the main reasons I was hoping in the shower at night before bed is because my buttocks felt dirty and uncomfortable.

Ray always says washing the skin excessively can disrupt the endocrine system. Lately, I was mainly using coconut soap to wash genitalia, armpits, and other smellier body parts.

Both my partner and I work from home, so I don't feel the need to be smelling like flowers everywhere I go. I'm ok with the natural body smell, and so she is for the most part.

Have any of you made changes to the frequency with which you take full showers and use soap? I am trying to optimize lifestyle things that could improve my hormonal profile. Everything counts.

Thank you!

Perry Staltic

I feel gross if I go a day without a shower. Could get by with less if I was inside with A/C all day not doing physical work.

fever257

I literally never shower. Is that bad?

I can’t stand how itchy, dry, and unhealthy my skin feels after showers. sometimes it will even carry on into the next day. There’s something about the southeast US water that makes it so irritating to the skin.

I shower maybe once every 3 or 4 weeks.

Since improving my health I don’t really get horrid body odor anymore.

Regarding TP - do you use a bidet? what brand? i want one myself. TP cannot be trusted at all.

I only shower for the hot water/metabolic effects/relaxation & etc. like once a week.

I use soap somewhat, but prefer baking soda, alcohol, cocoa butter, etc.

No one ever tells me I smell, although stress can make anyone smell pretty easily.

If you have odor you can simply wipe, rinse, do "localized" cleansing, etc. There is not really some health concern or need to bathe with endless ***t chemicals bombarding your body/skin every day -- hard to argue with that I'd say.

Gânico

I live in a very hot tropical place and i sweat a lot, one hot shower/bathe a day is a necessity for me, cleans very well without hurting and drying your skin like soap, which I can't see any reason to use at all unless you have some kind of unpleasant body odor to be tamed (which humans shouldn't have, unless sickened)

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

I live in a very hot tropical place and i sweat a lot, one hot shower/bathe a day is a necessity for me, cleans very well without hurting and drying your skin like soap, which I can't see any reason to use at all unless you have some kind of unpleasant body odor to be tamed (which humans shouldn't have, unless sickened)
So water only for you, even for intimate parts, armpit, etc?

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

I literally never shower. Is that bad?

I can’t stand how itchy, dry, and unhealthy my skin feels after showers. sometimes it will even carry on into the next day. There’s something about the southeast US water that makes it so irritating to the skin.

I shower maybe once every 3 or 4 weeks.

Since improving my health I don’t really get horrid body odor anymore.

Regarding TP - do you use a bidet? what brand? i want one myself. TP cannot be trusted at all.

I am not using a bidet for now because I work from home and I can easily take the time to step in the shower and wash the buttocks after a bowel movement. This has been a great upgrade. Underwear doesn't smell as it used to, hygiene is a lot better.

If I were on the go, people here recommended portable bidet bottles which don't seem too inconvenient.

Nomane Euger

Since I stopped using toilet paper and hoping in the shower quickly to wash my buttocks, I have been feeling less of a need to take a shower every day. One of the main reasons I was hoping in the shower at night before bed is because my buttocks felt dirty and uncomfortable.

Ray always says washing the skin excessively can disrupt the endocrine system. Lately, I was mainly using coconut soap to wash genitalia, armpits, and other smellier body parts.

Both my partner and I work from home, so I don't feel the need to be smelling like flowers everywhere I go. I'm ok with the natural body smell, and so she is for the most part.

Have any of you made changes to the frequency with which you take full showers and use soap? I am trying to optimize lifestyle things that could improve my hormonal profile. Everything counts.

Thank you!
i dont wash at all no water nothing since more than a year,the rare times i get bad body odors it come from foods i consume,so most of times i have 0 unpleasant odors,i only clean up if i poop and the poop did let some residues when the poop isnt perfectly dry.even if ivdont change clothes at all for many days or more,i feel clean and perfect in clothes,the moment i start to experience more rumination,mild degree of worrying about things,feel lesss good,lesss fuller chest,worst gi health,voice lesss deep and relax,i start to manifest the will to shower more and to change my clothes

aquila2009

Shower but no soap for months. Hair and skin feel fantastic. Highly recommend a bidet as well.

Sitaruîm

I don't do physical work and can last two to three days without a shower if I haven't worked out. Maybe the fact that we use bidets help. I never use soap nor shampoo when showering.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Shower but no soap for months. Hair and skin feel fantastic. Highly recommend a bidet as well.

No soap for skin I could probably get by with. For hair I always feel the urge to use something every three to four days.

Nomane Euger

-Luke-

Something like 72 hours. Around that time it gets smelly and my hair gets a little greasy, even though it's pretty short.

But I try to stay in the shower only for a short time. In the winter this can be difficult however.

Matestube

Thank you!
I have no body odor even when I go 5 days without showering. But the oily skin and scalp make me shower everyday. The oily sensation is gross, it feels like I rub the oil on my bed sheets at night.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
2 weeks and probably more.

Day 2 post shower the pits smell for one day, then the smell stays on the shirt and not in the armpits.

I wash my butt after every bathroom visit.

I wash my face daily.

But rest of the body and head, 2 weeks seems fair. I don't really stink at week 2, but my hair would look a bit funky.

Donttreadonme

I have never used soap in my adult life. Soap is nothing but a big ripoff. Humans evolved for 100s of thousands of years without soap........ The only soap I use is shampoo for my hair and toothpaste for my teeth. Without a little shampoo then yes, your hair will be greasy like nature intended and not fluffy and bouncy. Never had one issue my entire life with being dirty or greasy or anything bad.

Matestube

I have never used soap in my adult life. Soap is nothing but a big ripoff. Humans evolved for 100s of thousands of years without soap........ The only soap I use is shampoo for my hair and toothpaste for my teeth. Without a little shampoo then yes, your hair will be greasy like nature intended. Never had one issue my entire life with being dirty or greasy or anything bad.
It's probably just as bad to use toothpaste. Use bentonite clay instead.

Gânico

So water only for you, even for intimate parts, armpit, etc?
my intimate parts don't smell as i keep them well ventillated, the only part of my body which sometimes emmit smell are armpits, easily solved applying a tiny bit of baking soda

Back
Top Bottom