Blood Shot Eyes After Shower

OP
Brandon

Brandon

Mittir is correct! it is the chlorine! and if your water treatment plant used chlormines, they will be worse! get a good charcoal shower filter! I bet millions of folks have gotten lung cancer from the fricken chlorine in the water!
Never heard of a "charcoal filter." I keep learning interesting things on this forum. Nice...

d1d2

Have you tried taking a bath and washing your face separately at the sink to see if the reaction still occurs?

OP
Brandon

Brandon

Have you tried taking a bath and washing your face separately at the sink to see if the reaction still occurs?
No I haven't. I absolutely abhor baths; I feel like I'm sitting in my own filth. So that's not an option for me lol.

Last edited:

Ewelina

Red eyes due to endotoxin would be the reddest upon awakening in the morning. Endotoxins and stress hormones are most active in the early hours, so redness should subside during the day especially if you succeed to have a decent BM.

HLP

I also experience the exact same reaction from showering. I have well water but our well was damaged from "Frack-ing!" We could actually light our water on fire after it first happened. Another Alberta woman tried to sue and lost so I'm kinda glad I didn't bother at the time. So, now when I shower, I don't get the water in my eyes and I rinse my eyes with distilled water when I'm done. This has fixed things for now. I wonder if there's a bit of a detox period that causes eyes to be blood shot too. I started Peating back in October of 2016 after dabbling with it a year earlier. This time I stayed with it. I've noticed more horizontal lines in my eyes and have previously studied that this is sign of healing as opposed to vertical lines which seem to be disappearing.

Waynish

I'd try a sprite water filter on your shower.
I'd also try some infrared sauna.
If those don't work, then I'd go to a TCM doctor.

Samya

Are they bloodshot after the shower specifically, or upon waking?

My eyes are always very bloodshot in the morning for some reason and they generally improve throughout the day, particularly if I've exercised and meditated with eyes closed in fresh air. Seeing as they improve after deep breathing in fresh air with eyes closed I have the impression it's something to do with oxygen supply (hypoxia?) and possibly dehydration/dry eyes. I also notice that when I'm waking up in the mornings as I become lucid (half alseep/half awake) I feel like I'm not breathing properly in my sleep. I find my breathing generally improves when eating plenty of protein and/or sugars and making sure I have good ventilation in my room - cool air tends to feel more soothing than dry heated air.

I do tend to think it's due to some physiological stress, bloodshot eyes certainly have a stressed look about them.

frant26

Are they bloodshot after the shower specifically, or upon waking?

My eyes are always very bloodshot in the morning for some reason and they generally improve throughout the day, particularly if I've exercised and meditated with eyes closed in fresh air. Seeing as they improve after deep breathing in fresh air with eyes closed I have the impression it's something to do with oxygen supply (hypoxia?) and possibly dehydration/dry eyes. I also notice that when I'm waking up in the mornings as I become lucid (half alseep/half awake) I feel like I'm not breathing properly in my sleep. I find my breathing generally improves when eating plenty of protein and/or sugars and making sure I have good ventilation in my room - cool air tends to feel more soothing than dry heated air.

I second that. I think bloodshot eyes have something to do with hypoxia / not breathing properly during sleep.

Samya

I feel like it may be related to low co2 levels, leading to decreased ventilation and lower oxygen levels.

It's been speculated that lower co2 levels may be an inherent part of a very low-carb diet, I've also seen a low-carber recently complain of low hemoglobin levels. I know when I ate very-low-carb I felt everything slowed down, my breathing, my thinking, even my walking; whenever I ate carbs my heart rate would increase and I'd breathe more. The only other times I had the same effects was from a higher protein intake.

The most obvious time I noticed sugars increasing my breathing was some dried fruit after a very-low-carb period, it was an hour before trying to sleep so my brain felt over stimulated and I noticed my breathing was obviously rapid. I also noticed that night I seemed to dream a lot more and felt as if I didn't fall into a deep sleep; anytime I woke up and drifted back to sleep I was noticeably breathing and falling back into lucid-dreaming, as if being just beneath the surface of waking. There was a study that showed low-carb diets increase the time spent in dreamless sleep, therby reducing the time spent dreaming. After my experience I think that the breath also slows more in deep dreamless sleep when compared to dreaming, and that there has to be a balance between the two; too much time spent in one may neglect the healing effect of the other.

Last edited:
OP
Brandon

Brandon

I also experience the exact same reaction from showering. I have well water but our well was damaged from "Frack-ing!" We could actually light our water on fire after it first happened. Another Alberta woman tried to sue and lost so I'm kinda glad I didn't bother at the time. So, now when I shower, I don't get the water in my eyes and I rinse my eyes with distilled water when I'm done. This has fixed things for now. I wonder if there's a bit of a detox period that causes eyes to be blood shot too. I started Peating back in October of 2016 after dabbling with it a year earlier. This time I stayed with it. I've noticed more horizontal lines in my eyes and have previously studied that this is sign of healing as opposed to vertical lines which seem to be disappearing.
Nice

DANIEL

This might be unrelated to your problem but in my and my husband's case red eyes are caused by endotoxins. I don't know how is your digestion and gut issues but in our case indigestible fiber and starchy foods result in many endotoxin symptoms and red eyes are always one of them.

I'm just speculating here but maybe hot water activates your metabolism or speeds up some proceses/digestive juices flowing leading to some intestinal permeability which results in endotoxins getting into your blood stream and showing in the eyes.
There's definitely a gut-eye-axis.

The gut really is the cornerstone of health. All of my skin issues, occasional bloodshot eyes, and fatigue after eating are all related.

Looking forward to healing these problems.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals