Men of the forum: How long can you go without taking a full shower and washing with soap?

Makrosky

I must be a weirdo. I enjoy taking a daily shower in the morning and using a bit of soap on my armpits, ****, shoulders, face, etc.

The genitals go without soap though. I don't want to screw my metabolism by putting chemicals on my ballsack.

Makrosky

For the people claiming they don't produce any body odor : are you sure you aren't? A high percentage of the body odor is like breath odor, you get desensitized to it because it is your own. It is only when it goes very bad that you notice it but before reaching that point others can smell you.

Dean

I have never used soap in my adult life. Soap is nothing but a big ripoff. Humans evolved for 100s of thousands of years without soap........ The only soap I use is shampoo for my hair and toothpaste for my teeth. Without a little shampoo then yes, your hair will be greasy like nature intended and not fluffy and bouncy. Never had one issue my entire life with being dirty or greasy or anything bad.
Yes, hair will get really oily at first without shampoo but your body will adjust in pretty short order.

I haven't used shampoo (or anything on my hair but water and fingers) and my hair has never looked better. My hair was always very fine and colic-y. Much more body now, less of the cowlicks.

Nomane Euger

For the people claiming they don't produce any body odor : are you sure you aren't? A high percentage of the body odor is like breath odor, you get desensitized to it because it is your own. It is only when it goes very bad that you notice it but before reaching that point others can smell you.
i ask to others that are unbiais crual peoples,that will enjoy telling you you smell bad if you do,according to some of them best smelling person they know

Razvan

What's your view though? I think everyone learns something out of everyone's experiences.
I don't think you can't have body odor, things like t3 and androsterone make me sweat a lot and even tho it's not the worst smell,i think it can be unpleasant, washing yourself with hot water baking soda and sugar could help in this regard. We all know a "rocker" at our job that never washes and you can't stand near him. I understand he has hormonal problems or something ,but still..
I use a natural soap from a local company which is made from oranges and some fat. You can literally see the oranges in there. Or baking soda with sugar but it's less effective.

I stopped using shampoo, body gel, soaps etc. a year ago and my hygiene is definitely not worse. If my hand gets dirty or stink after working then often just rubbing my hands while pouring warm water over them suffices.
I easily sweat in my armpits, the moment I leave the house I already have the sweatspots but when I took LSD I did not sweat at all which was pleasant

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

I don't think you can't have body odor, things like t3 and androsterone make me sweat a lot and even tho it's not the worst smell,i think it can be unpleasant, washing yourself with hot water baking soda and sugar could help in this regard. We all know a "rocker" at our job that never washes and you can't stand near him. I understand he has hormonal problems or something ,but still..
I use a natural soap from a local company which is made from oranges and some fat. You can literally see the oranges in there. Or baking soda with sugar but it's less effective.
Thank you for sharing. You make great points. There are some really nice soaps out there.

Dave_Fit

Quick Shower daily, but soap less than once a week and only coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter type soap, no shampoo (baking soda less than once a month on the hair), I used to have oily skin and very oily hair, now that I rarely use soap I don't have that anymore. I do use a natural mineral deodorant rock.

Nokoni

Shower couple times per week (deodorant soap) at the first sign of BO. Spray underarms morning and night with alcohol, which greatly postpones BO onset. Wash my hair daily in the sink (hand soap) to cure the bed-head. Only takes a few minutes. Spray my feet with alcohol every morning before putting on socks. Results in zero foot odor, whereas without it the foot odor rapidly becomes strong and repulsive. Works great but would probably need higher frequency if I was less sedentary.

-Luke-

Magnesium oil as an underarm roll-on, and can go days with no odour.
Do you experience some skin irritation from it? I like Magnesium oil as a deodorant substitute and it works very well, but if I use it more than four or five days in a row, the skin gets irritated and I need to stop for two or three days (once used magnesium oil after I shaved my armpits - not the best idea I ever had...)

Yonebayashian

have you tryed nothing at all?
I had to when I was really poor but I had to make sure that only cold water touched my hair so that the oils weren't messed it. Now I just always use the beef tallow because really the nutrients in the beef tallow do wonders for your skin. Rubbing just unheated raw butter on your face as a mask is similar with great results as well. Nutrients bro.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom