Without coffee I get more injuries

Apple

I like palying ball sports.
Since I started restrcting coffee circa half year, I got more injuries like sprayned ancles, shoulder or elbow injuries that heal too long and I have to skip training classes.
Coffee keeps muscles in good tonus, protects from injuries.
Ok, I add coffee back but for some unexplainable reason I got neck pain from it, not related to training . I have similar reaction when eating eggs daily.
How can I drink coffee without neck pain ? any hacks ?

alephx

Magnesium? If you pee more with coffee, then you can use more sodium and magnesium. Magnesium helps keep muscles relaxed

OP
Apple

Apple

Magnesium? If you pee more with coffee, then you can use more sodium and magnesium. Magnesium helps keep muscles relaxed
Coffee is already a good source of magnesium. Adding more magnesium would make me hypotonic.
I see benefits from keeping salt low. Upping salt intake didn't correct my neck issues.

Coffee increases muscle strength and muscle contraction speed, makes movements more precise. Competing against my caffeinated buddies I'm below the average without a good cup of Joe. Also coffee improves mental focus and makes person more sociable which is also important for survival in the real competitive world.

Last edited:
@Apple 3 years ago I shared a related post :

I think coffee can demineralize the bones and put calcium into the bloodstream in order to buffer it's digestion if the proper nutrition is not available. The coffee itself is very acidic and the alkalizing minerals of magnesium, calcium, and potassium are used to buffer coffee digestion. If minerals like calcium are being pulled from the bones, they will circulate in the bloodstream and make a person feel temporarily stiff.

The stimulating and painkilling effect of the caffeine will still help your brain contract your muscles harder. This is possible because the muscles are mostly gas and water while the bones, joints, ligaments, and cartilage contain many minerals.

I don't experience those problems with coffee anymore, but I think that protein, magnesium (as topical magnesium chloride), fiber, sugar, potassium, and molybdenum are all important to help prevent a negative coffee experience.

Osukhan

@Apple 3 years ago I shared a related post :

I think coffee can demineralize the bones and put calcium into the bloodstream in order to buffer it's digestion if the proper nutrition is not available. The coffee itself is very acidic and the alkalizing minerals of magnesium, calcium, and potassium are used to buffer coffee digestion. If minerals like calcium are being pulled from the bones, they will circulate in the bloodstream and make a person feel temporarily stiff.

The stimulating and painkilling effect of the caffeine will still help your brain contract your muscles harder. This is possible because the muscles are mostly gas and water while the bones, joints, ligaments, and cartilage contain many minerals.

I don't experience those problems with coffee anymore, but I think that protein, magnesium (as topical magnesium chloride), fiber, sugar, potassium, and molybdenum are all important to help prevent a negative coffee experience.
i wonder if you could just add some calcium carbonate to coffee? or sodium or potassium bicarbonate?

i wonder if you could just add some calcium carbonate to coffee? or sodium or potassium bicarbonate?
Coffee has a pH of about 3 or 4, I believe.

And sodium bicarbonate is a pH of around 9. Not sure about potassium bicarbonate or calcium carbonate.

The point is that if you take something that exists naturally as a pH of 4 and bring it to an 8, you are making it 10,000 times more alkaline than it originally was.

I've added baking soda to coffee before and confirmed that a 1/4 tsp of it made the coffee a pH of 9 according to the paper test strip, but I stopped drinking the modified coffee within 3 days. I don't recall why, I just remember coming to the conclusion that it wasn't the best idea and I was better off leaving the coffee as it naturally exists.

OP
Apple

Apple

Coffee has a pH of about 3 or 4, I believe.

And sodium bicarbonate is a pH of around 9. Not sure about potassium bicarbonate or calcium carbonate.

The point is that if you take something that exists naturally as a pH of 4 and bring it to an 8, you are making it 10,000 times more alkaline than it originally was.

I've added baking soda to coffee before and confirmed that a 1/4 tsp of it made the coffee a pH of 9 according to the paper test strip, but I stopped drinking the modified coffee within 3 days. I don't recall why, I just remember coming to the conclusion that it wasn't the best idea and I was better off leaving the coffee as it naturally exists.
pH of coffee is close to 5, orange is 3-4 . If you add baking soda to orange juice you get bubles , but not with coffee.
Anyway , it explains why coffee on its own erodes teeth. I just drank coffee with a bit of baking soda and feels actually good on teeth, I will probably drink it this way for a while.
Calcium carbonate needs strong acids to dissolve (coffee is too weak), I don't do very well with it. I have never seen potassium bicarbonate, probably worthy to experiment.
Also changing medium roast coffee to black, supposedly it is less acidic.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals