Why Do We Crave More Dense Food When It's Cold?

keith

I knew this was coming as soon as I wrote that. First I was being hyperbolic but as for your email, my take is that he was trying to work within your defined limits. You asked him for his advice for a "dedicated vegan." Ray is not one to impose his beliefs but likes to let others find their own way. He has said many times that it is very difficult to get vegetarianism/veganism right. Doable but very difficult. From an ethical standpoint he is ok with it, but from a diet and health standpoint I don't think he feels it makes any sense.

It wasn't my email, I just pasted the link, because I don't think Ray has ever said anything that suggests that he is "decidedly against" or thinks vegetarianism is silly. That's your take on it, not his Sorry if I'm being picky, but not everyone who visits this site reads his work. Some form their opinions based on how others who post here perceive him, so I think it is important to clarify which opinions are his, and which are our own interpretations.

Queequeg

It wasn't my email, I just pasted the link, because I don't think Ray has ever said anything that suggests that he is "decidedly against" or thinks vegetarianism is silly. That's your take on it, not his Sorry if I'm being picky, but not everyone who visits this site reads his work. Some form their opinions based on how others who post here perceive him, so I think it is important to clarify which opinions are his, and which are our own interpretations.
Again I was being hyperbolic and would think most would see that, especially since I was responding to a joke. But even if taken literally, I don't think it is that far off. Ray does not think it is very easy to maintain a healthy vegetarian or vegan diet nor does he recommend one.

But as a service to any vegans who are new to the site, here are Ray's exact thoughts.

Last edited:

johnwester130

cold = higher metabolism , eat more to stay warm

warm = metabolism slows, need less to stay warm

"G. W. Crile and his wife found that the metabolic rate of people in Yucatan, where coconut is a staple food, averaged 25% higher than that of people in the United States. In a hot climate, the adaptive tendency is to have a lower metabolic rate, so it is clear that some factor is more than offsetting this expected effect of high environmental temperatures. "

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals