An ode to grass-fed ribeye. Manliest food ever?

GreekDemiGod

Had an excellent workout at the gym this evening. Powered by one of the best pre-intra workouts I've ever tried. Came home and cooked myself a medium-rare rib-eye steak. As I was eating it, I was overflowed with a mild state of euphoria, of calmness. And I remembered why the Carnivore dieters hold ribeye in such high regard. It makes you feel grounded, masculine, in control of your life. Zen-like It's just pure nourishment to build dense muscles. It made me feel powerful. Extreme satiety. And I also remembered @redsun saying how iron and some B vitamins in beef are dopamine cofactors. And by meticulously chewing it, you also have a nice lower jaw workout that is so much lacking with today's soft foods.
I also did ensure getting some sugar to offset the protein. Had some ripe mango before the steak and a few tsp's of honey after.
I also haven't been masturbating for more than a week, so that might contribute to the heightened sensations I experienced.

All this being said, I consider fatty beef to be an ideal food for men. There is something to be said about having generous protein and fats intake as a man in particular, in addition to adequate carbs. Men seem more geared towards a relatively high-meat diet. The benefits can not be over-stated. It gives you that masculine energy and also it's ideal for body composition. We know that Ray preaches higher protein intake than the mainstream does, but even his recommendations seem low to me, especially if you're a physically active male. You want the frail physique of Peat, then eat 100-120g of protein. You want to be athletic and powerful. Then bump up that protein intake a bit more, 150-200g.
To mitigate the Iron overload from beef, there's the option of drinking coffee with it to chelate the Iron. The high amounts of methionine, cysteine can also be mitigated with plenty of Glycine / Gelatin / bone broth.

VitoScaletta

A lot of people are deficient in Zinc

That being said, make sure to eat adequate Copper, Calcium (+ Magnesium..) and Glycine and Taurine periodically aswell

Last edited:

Quelsatron

I've been eating pork steaks with fried potatoes for like three weeks and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon, it's absolutely fantastic. Even though I use rapeseed oil (it's part of the bearnaise sauce and i fry the potatoes in them because I'm more worried about heat degraded fats than I am of pufa, and it's simpler with liquid oil and cheaper)

Nomane Euger

Had an excellent workout at the gym this evening. Powered by one of the best pre-intra workouts I've ever tried. Came home and cooked myself a medium-rare rib-eye steak. As I was eating it, I was overflowed with a mild state of euphoria, of calmness. And I remembered why the Carnivore dieters hold ribeye in such high regard. It makes you feel grounded, masculine, in control of your life. Zen-like It's just pure nourishment to build dense muscles. It made me feel powerful. Extreme satiety. And I also remembered @redsun saying how iron and some B vitamins in beef are dopamine cofactors. And by meticulously chewing it, you also have a nice lower jaw workout that is so much lacking with today's soft foods.
I also did ensure getting some sugar to offset the protein. Had some ripe mango before the steak and a few tsp's of honey after.
I also haven't been masturbating for more than a week, so that might contribute to the heightened sensations I experienced.

All this being said, I consider fatty beef to be an ideal food for men. There is something to be said about having generous protein and fats intake as a man in particular, in addition to adequate carbs. Men seem more geared towards a relatively high-meat diet. The benefits can not be over-stated. It gives you that masculine energy and also it's ideal for body composition. We know that Ray preaches higher protein intake than the mainstream does, but even his recommendations seem low to me, especially if you're a physically active male. You want the frail physique of Peat, then eat 100-120g of protein. You want to be athletic and powerful. Then bump up that protein intake a bit more, 150-200g.
To mitigate the Iron overload from beef, there's the option of drinking coffee with it to chelate the Iron. The high amounts of methionine, cysteine can also be mitigated with plenty of Glycine / Gelatin / bone broth.
hi,what was the pre intra work out?you should repeat the experience with differents confounding factors,work out it self can make you experience that if you eat foods that give you energy after that independently of meat,working out and competitivity before eating meat can magnify the positives effects experience when you eat the meat.i also experienced all the characteristics you listed from well digested meat such as calmer,more masculine,perfect satiety felt in the stomach,it also came with some negatives compare to when i was eating only fruits and honeys,it reduced the intensity of positives emotions considerably,like when listening to musics,so to me its contextual,i want resilience and more emotional stoicism and sex tendancies i eat meat,if i want highest degree of enjoyment of life i dont eat meat."then eat 100-120g of protein. You want to be athletic and powerful. Then bump up that protein intake a bit more, 150-200g."i disagree,my self and many peoples i know irl and online have experienced with various degree of proteins,and at least for me and these peoples you dont need 150-200 grammes of proteins to reach your highest degree of athleticism and power,and often it can be detrimental to atheleticism and power to eat to much protein before your sport,or overall,free to anyone to experience,unless you have a solid unbiais experience with varying your protein intake and observing the impact it has,i wouldnt give this advice and specifically on ray peat forum where some peoples have poor digestion and alot of proteins is not the solution for all,and will be detrimental for many with poor digestion,and also are more prone to do certains things out of anxiety such as "i dont want the frail physique of ray peat"per exemple

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@Nomane Euger It was this drink I had. I also had 500mg of B1 and B3 before the workout. And during the day I ingested 7g of Taurine and 12 drops of 6-keto P4.

Attachments

• 36F2C491-09BB-4D74-8E81-D50A6A626FF7.jpeg
    36F2C491-09BB-4D74-8E81-D50A6A626FF7.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 33

Rafe

And some women. :) I feel really good on that and lamb.
Exactly same here. Well, until a ribeye went up to 16USD$. Lamb shoulder with Moroccan seasoning in an instant pot. I’m hungry. <3

akgrrrl

Male strength since the beginning of time.
Could make a grrrl moist just reading yer post.

YourUniverse

Meh. Ray writes about the dangers of phosphorus, iron, muscle meats and excess lipolysis. Meat digests well but I think carbohydrate with good supportive vitamins and minerals make a man healthier.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals