Who Benefits From Peak Corona Virus Panic?

tankasnowgod

I'm preparing for a completely sub-optimal diet. I have some canned food in storage, like sardines, tuna, a couple cans of this and that, nothing extensive. And then something like 50lbs of rice and 50lbs of rolled oats, which I got a while back when I was on a food storage kick. I keep them in 5 gallon buckets with Gamma Seal lids.

It's funny how I have accidently prepped for stuff in a Peat-ish way.

I still got about 15 pounds of hydrogenated coconut oil and 8 pounds stearic acid. I am SET with good fats!

I have four pounds of gelatin to go along with the meat I have on hand. Protein? I'm fine!

I got rice, I got sugar, I got sodas, I got lemonade! Woo-hoo, carbs ahoy!

So yeah, I AM prepped, but if push comes to shove, some of those potential meals...... ugggh.

By the way, having 100 pounds of starch on hand that should last indefinitely....... not a bad idea at all.

Last edited:

yerrag

This is completely unnecessary. You need NEWS about the virus, not any sort of virus itself. That's what everyone has been reacting to. It's the hype. There is nothing in the official numbers to justify any of this. But, we are beyond the point of login and reason in this. Everything is based on news and emotion.
This is completely unnecessary. You need NEWS about the virus, not any sort of virus itself. That's what everyone has been reacting to. It's the hype. There is nothing in the official numbers to justify any of this. But, we are beyond the point of login and reason in this. Everything is based on news and emotion.
Taiwan closed its borders early. Its action is hardly news-driven. It managed the crisis well with low infection numbers and hardly any death (maybe just one).

Had Trump done what Taiwan did, perhaps Iran and Italy would have been spared, and the contagion essentially being limited to Asia. Because the agent wasn't instructed to unleash on Iran and Italy.

And likewise, it wouldn't be unleashed on major cities.

This would make Trump looking like a fool. And he would be made looking like the guy who would push the button to start WWIII. The media would have a field day raining all sorts of unflattering memes on Trump.

YamnayaMommy

Today Chicago public schools announced they would close through end of month, after major said earlier this week they would not close because it would adversely affect students who depend on public school for food, shelter (the real purpose of public school, they never include “learning” in this list).

Local grocery stories badly picked over.

my husband has been anxious about the virus since January and has been stockpiling for two months.

tankasnowgod

Taiwan closed its borders early. Its action is hardly news-driven. It managed the crisis well with low infection numbers and hardly any death (maybe just one).

Had Trump done what Taiwan did, perhaps Iran and Italy would have been spared, and the contagion essentially being limited to Asia. Because the agent wasn't instructed to unleash on Iran and Italy.

And likewise, it wouldn't be unleashed on major cities.

This would make Trump looking like a fool. And he would be made looking like the guy who would push the button to start WWIII. The media would have a field day raining all sorts of unflattering memes on Trump.

I have no idea how Trump closing the borders (which, to be fair, he has been trying to do in many ways since 2017) would have any effect on Italy and Iran.

Jib

It's funny how I have accidently prepped for stuff in a Peat-ish way.

I still got about 15 pounds of hydrogenated coconut oil and 8 pounds stearic acid. I am SET with good fats!

I have four pounds of gelatin to go along with the meat I have on hand. Protein? I'm fine!

I got rice, I got sugar, I got sodas, I got lemonade! Woo-hoo, carbs ahoy!

So yeah, I AM prepped, but if push comes to shove, some of those potential meals...... ugggh.

By the way, having 100 pounds of starch on hand that should last indefinitely....... not a bad idea at all.

I've been looking to get hydrogenated coconut oil. Really seems to be the best option. The more saturated, the better for long-term storage. Though FWIW I have coconut oil that's years and years old and I can't tell any signs of rancidity or anything wrong with it at all. Would still feel better with hydrogenated coconut oil, though.

So I just sent these guys a request for a quote:

Item # 1011, Hydrogenated Coconut Oils On Welch Holme & Clark Co. Inc

If it's 100 bucks for a 5 gallon pail, that's not bad at all. I'm still a little hesitant about a "hydrogenated" oil but it seems most people on the forum have come around to it and Peat himself is using hydrogenated coconut oil. If they reply to me and give me the info about how to pay, I'm gonna get it.

I just bought 8lbs of Collagen Hydrolysate from Great Lakes. Needed to restock anyway. The powdered goat milk really hurt my wallet. Not something I'd usually even consider buying. So that was a panic buy. Hopefully it'll just end up being a waste of money and I'll drink some sub-par oxidized milk for a while and forget about it....instead of actually needing it because fresh milk becomes impossible to find.

And yeah, the rice was from years ago, but will keep indefinitely. I think rolled oats have a pretty good shelf life too. I'm all about those 5 gallon Gamma Seal buckets.

I'm gonna have to learn how to cook sticky rice I guess, because I have 25 pounds of it now. Mochi, anyone? I would even get dried Adzuki beans if I could find them. Not Peaty but in the past I seem to have tolerated those well as a part of daifuku that I'd get as a treat sometimes at said Asian supermarket.

yerrag

I have no idea how Trump closing the borders (which, to be fair, he has been trying to do in many ways since 2017) would have any effect on Italy and Iran.
Can't mix the Trump border closing since 2017 with the current situation. Not the same banana.

One was for controlling people coming in, the other was for controlling virus coming in thru people.

If Trump closed borders "pro-actively" when China was at the height of COVID crisis, the media and the Dems would be crying out loud "Trump paranoid, Trump racist, Trump choking the economy, yadayadayada." And if Iran and Italy did not develop into a crisis, then Trump would be left looking like what the media wanted portrayed him to be. And Iran and Italy developing into a crisis is (could be) dependent on an embedded covert agent spreading the virus on cue. If Trump closed borders, do not spread the virus. If Trump did not close borders, unleash the virus.

You probably skimmed through my earlier post.

Last edited:

Missenger

He's scared of catching a cold?
Yeah, if you want to put it that way. It's just irritating seeing people being reactive instead of conscious about this, everyone knew about this since January, plenty of videos of people collapsing in China and now Iran from lung failure, the only time I see the masses react is when sportsball gets cancelled. I was out at the store at the other day and I see a teenage couple in a car coughing intentionally outside the passenger window because they think it's a joke, people swarming the stores buying up goods, the same mentality of people intentionally spreading ***t in China and Japan, this morbid crabs in a bucket thought process. You can't blame people like the Gates skipping town even if they're related to this ***t given the way people act.

tankasnowgod

Item # 1011, Hydrogenated Coconut Oils On Welch Holme & Clark Co. Inc

If it's 100 bucks for a 5 gallon pail, that's not bad at all. I'm still a little hesitant about a "hydrogenated" oil but it seems most people on the forum have come around to it and Peat himself is using hydrogenated coconut oil. If they reply to me and give me the info about how to pay, I'm gonna get it.

I am a big fan now of the hydrogenated oil. I don't know if mine is even food grade ( if the linked one is all the better), but yes, it keeps a while (I have had and have used for like, 3 years at least), and I have no negatives. If you are worried about "Trans Fats," know that they can only come from PUFA, and coconut oil is about 2-3% PUFA, max, so less than that for Trans Fats in HCO. It works excellent for deep frying (only tallow may be better), regular cooking, and skin care, no downsides that I've come across. Oh, and the PUFA and MUFA genarally get turned into Stearic Acid (via hydrogenation), and you can look up those benefits on the forum. I am at the point where I would rather eat Trans Fats than any PUFA, and most cis MUFA, to be honest.

tankasnowgod

And if Iran and Italy did not develop into a crisis, then Trump would be left looking like what the media wanted portrayed him to be.

I still have no idea what you are even getting at here. There are basically no cases in the US, only like, 50 deaths. Trump still isn't the President of Iran or Italy. And truthfully, even the absolute worst numbers in China aren't concerning to a rational person (and again, rationality has never had any place in the coverage of this so called "new" and "novel" virus)

I also don't know what media coverage has to do with anything. They can spin anything that Trump does into a negative. Trump's war against the MSM is still his shining accomplishment.

yerrag

I still have no idea what you are even getting at here. There are basically no cases in the US, only like, 50 deaths. Trump still isn't the President of Iran or Italy. And truthfully, even the absolute worst numbers in China aren't concerning to a rational person (and again, rationality has never had any place in the coverage of this so called "new" and "novel" virus)

I also don't know what media coverage has to do with anything. They can spin anything that Trump does into a negative. Trump's war against the MSM is still his shining accomplishment.
Yup. It's totally unimaginable. You're right. You're always right.

yerrag

It's funny when you say it's news driven, and then you say this cannot be, when it is what impacts the news cycle. And that's what matters. It is everything. Who cares how destructive the virus is (which is your main point)? You seem to forget the world does not think like you do. You're projecting yourself on society. You think your response is what the normal response is.

While you're right that the virus isn't that deadly and not to worry about to the extent it is made out to be, you can't convince even your own siblings so.

And I would also argue that the virus is limited in its deadliness, but just enough to make people worried, is why it can be used by our masters. What master would risk using a virus that is so deadly it would consume the master itself?

If the virus is that deadly and it can't be controlled, the master is on his own suicide mission. Your argument that the virus has to be so deadly to justify being worried about falls really flat.

Last edited:
For now, just finishing up the little milk I had left. And have ordered some powdered Goat Milk from Azure Standard today. Though they're already running low on that stuff, and it's expensive as hell, and will only last a short while for me.

If you check online, you might be surprised to find that powdered milk, all of a sudden, seems impossible to come by, and is extremely expensive. At least checking on Amazon and eBay the prices seem extremely high and there are also not many products listed.

I haven't checked with any local farms, but I'm very curious if they're depleted too. I would imagine they are.

It was very weird to see empty shelves like that. Reality hit pretty hard. I didn't think anything of the coronavirus panic, but to see the results of people panicking, wow. You cannot get toilet paper or paper towels or many basic things like that anywhere in any store at all right now. It literally happened overnight. A couple days ago everything seemed normal.

I'm not freaking out yet or anything. But it was definitely unsettling. Just walking around grocery stores and seeing people walking around like ghosts just putting whatever scraps they can find into their nearly completely empty shopping carts. It's unsettling to me that this is only the beginning as well. Like if it got this bad overnight, what's it going to be like a week or two from now?

I'm preparing for a completely sub-optimal diet. I have some canned food in storage, like sardines, tuna, a couple cans of this and that, nothing extensive. And then something like 50lbs of rice and 50lbs of rolled oats, which I got a while back when I was on a food storage kick. I keep them in 5 gallon buckets with Gamma Seal lids.

Starch is not ideal, but especially with white rice, it can't be beaten as far as non-perishable food goes. I did get some sticky rice that I mentioned finding at the Asian store, but don't have a setup to cook it, lol. Need to get a steaming basket.

Powdered milk is not ideal but I sure wish I had a whole lot more of it right now. Beggars can't be choosers and I would feel much better if I had a large stockpile of powdered/canned milk, as it's such a huge part of my diet, and covers so many nutritional bases. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

The take home lesson: you can't eat money. And "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." I'd rather be having a ton of powdered, oxidized milk than trying to live primarily on oats and rice with some random stuff thrown in. If I had to choose between the two, you know.

No idea if the stores are gonna get restocked anytime soon, and if they do, if they're just gonna be emptied immediately again. If that keeps happening then that's definitely not good. People panicking is definitely not helping anything.
I'm in Brazil, so this corona virus thing hasn't had any effect like that on people here yet( at least where I live), but a couple of days ago, I was thinking about buying a bunch of meat, carbonated water, sugar, etc. to last at least a month. I heard that the "peak" of the virus in Brazil will happen in a couple of weeks, so I'll wait a little more. My fridge is kinda small, so not sure how I'll keep that much meat in good conditions.

Hopefully it doesn't get too much worse. In times like these, less- than- ideal foods can help a lot.

I went out today, and saw crowds and empty shelves (which was weird), but had no issues getting milk, cheese, eggs, and other fresh products. Plenty of juice, if I wanted it right now. Rice and Pasta were pretty much gone, as were many frozen items and canned/jarred items (like soup and applesauce), but even then, I was able to get some decent frozen foods at Trader Joes. Oh, and Oysters aplenty!
So, in your area, people are mostly going for non- perishable stuff, it seems. Great that you could get fresh foods. I would imagine that for people eating mostly starch and canned food, vitamin C can become a concern.

nwo2012

Trump pandered to AIPAC, just like all president elect so he isn't some good guy.
September 19 2019, executive order in modernizing vaccines, rather good timing don't you think?
Don't be surprised if when a vaccine is ready, it is mandated world-wide.

yerrag

I'm in Brazil, so this corona virus thing hasn't had any effect like that on people here yet( at least where I live), but a couple of days ago, I was thinking about buying a bunch of meat, carbonated water, sugar, etc. to last at least a month. I heard that the "peak" of the virus in Brazil will happen in a couple of weeks, so I'll wait a little more. My fridge is kinda small, so not sure how I'll keep that much meat in good conditions.

Hopefully it doesn't get too much worse. In times like these, less- than- ideal foods can help a lot.
Don't you worry. Brazil isn't the US as much as the Philippines isn't. Public markets that sell fresh meat abound. They don't accept credit cards. So it's unlikely patrons would swoop down and take the whole pig or ox. The supply is from fresh slaughter and from fresh catch. You won't run out of food in such places. Even in the most metropolitan city, fresh markets abound. It's supermarkets and membership clubs where you see people charging their purchases to cards where food and supplies run out.

The fresh public markets have been "progressed" out of existence in the metros in the US.

yerrag

Trump pandered to AIPAC, just like all president elect so he isn't some good guy.
September 19 2019, executive order in modernizing vaccines, rather good timing don't you think?

You rise to the level of how well you curtsy to AIPAC to become a president, or candidate. AIPAC should register as a foreign agent, just as Russia Today did. AIPAC is Teflon for obvious reasons.

Which is why even Bernie, in his latest reincarnation, never broaches the favorite subject of Tulsi : NO MORE REGIME CHANGE WARS.

Last edited:

Peatogenic

Like you care about the official numbers, either.

Here it the official Corona Virus Stat Tracker, based on mainstream and official numbers- Coronavirus Update (Live): 109,840 Cases and 3,805 Deaths from COVID-19 Wuhan China Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Now, why would I be scared of 110,000 cases of a virus and 3,900 deaths on a planet of 7+ billion people?

Especially when the vast majority of those cases are in China, and in the country I am in, only about 500. Again, the seasonal flu in the US is estimated to kill at least 20,000 people every year. So I am supposed to be freaked out about something that has affected (not killed) 1/40th of that number?

You've said before that you can't calculate the death rate till this outbreak/epidemic/non-epidemic/whatever you want to call it is over. And then you calculated the death rate, anyway, extrapolated it, and concluded it was best to freak out.

Beyond that, I think extrapolating from a small sample size that happened during the harsh winter months, and extrapolating those numbers into spring, is ridiculous. The death rate (if counting from the diagnosed) has already fallen dramatically from the outset, and continues to fall.

I don't care how you spin it, the official numbers suggest nothing except for maybe a mild concern.

That was my thinking, too, plus China has already reached the "peak" and in the Covid epicenter has only had around 5 new cases a day. However, isn't the concern more the increase rate of infection worldwide? The current numbers mean nothing compared to a 7 billion planet, but isn't it more about the increase rate of infection?

schultz

How would it be enforced? Maybe force children at school to get it (my children don't go to school) and workers at companies (I am self-employed and work at home). They'd have to come to my house in the country to give it to me. I could see them attempting to come out with a "common cold" vaccine for different strains of coronavirus, rhinovirus, adenovirus. Or some such mixture. That would double the amount of seasonal vaccines which seems like a good money maker. But there exists no such vaccine at the moment.

yerrag

It's not so much that I'm convinced that I'm right, so much as I really don't even understand the point you are trying to make.
That's alright. I tried. Time to move on.

tankasnowgod

That was my thinking, too, plus China has already reached the "peak" and in the Covid epicenter has only had around 5 new cases a day. However, isn't the concern more the increase rate of infection worldwide? The current numbers mean nothing compared to a 7 billion planet, but isn't it more about the increase rate of infection?

I guess that would be the concern, but what everyone is calling "rate of infection" is basically an artifact of rate of detection and increased testing. If rate of infection were truly spreading or high, the country with the highest number of cases wouldn't have fallen to only 5 cases per day. It's supposed to be going up exponentially.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals