Who Benefits From Peak Corona Virus Panic?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Health Discussions' started by ecstatichamster, Mar 7, 2020.

1. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

They are panicking and I would say this time, to the middle or end of March, is Peak Corona Virus.

Who is benefiting from the incredible drumming this thing?

This is a rare time when you don't hear opposing points of view from alt sites...they are equally drawn into the gloom 'n' doom.

40% will be infected...rioting in the streets...15 million will die...

Nobody is taking a reasoned view of this...the question is, WHY? And who is benefiting?

2. schultz

schultz Member

I don't read the news, or have social media, and I work from home so I am not usually aware of what is going on in the mainstream. I am surprised that this thing is still in the media. I thought for some reason that people lost interest lol.

3. Kammas

Kammas Member

the media gets views from panic because people are always watching to seee the latest update. And obviously the cdc and big pharmaceuticals will eventually capitalize off it in a year or so. But a panic frenzy is good for almost all media channels because it increases clicks and views.

4. Breadpill

Breadpill New Member

Pharmaceutical companies will. Instilling fear through the doom n gloom media coverage. Once a vaccine is announced people will flock to it.

5. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

I think anyone here can really benefit from this as it can be a "tipping point" for those who were unwilling to do what is necessary to optimize their health.

6. DrJ

DrJ Member

The people that want control and keep the status quo. The people that don't want new directions and ideas to be tried.

7. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

It's election time. It's easier to get people to vote out of fear than a rational mindset considering all sides.

8. boris

boris Member

Vaccine sales will surely benefit from this. It‘s also a step towards getting the masses to accept more mandatory vaccinations.

9. raysputin

raysputin Member

Keeping people from going out to vote as well. It really blew up the night before Super Tuesday

10. LLight

LLight Member

Why are countries, China and Italy for example but I'm sure there are other, "sacrifying" their economies by closing companies and schools (kids aren't going to take care of themselves)?

Are politicians benefiting from that? Are they succumbing to panic?

11. Soren

Soren Member

The media definitely benefit. If it bleeds it leads. The more panic the more people watch the news.

12. Ledo

Ledo Member

Who benefits if the current trajectory continues? The USA.
    China and the Cabal/Central banks, (Globalists/Communists) loose.
    We are poised to take back the 40 yours of sellout to foreign interests
    repatriate the supply chain and implement sound money in our own control.

Funny how that trade war got ramped...Muh comparative advantage, wawa

13. Sheik

Sheik Member

I don't understand where you're coming from. Is it not significantly more deadly than the flu?

14. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

I don't know about that. The media get their best ratings during Presidential election years in the US anyway. They do get more content for the hours they have to fill with pre-made coverage (after all, many of these "news" agencies that have been reporting on this since the beginning don't have a bureau or even a reporter in Wuhan, but have been relying on "official" figures and speculation), but that's about it.

15. Soren

Soren Member

I think that whenever there is a tragedy or crisis the media milk it as much as possible for ratings. Just look at the Malaysia Airlines flight don't know what vested interest there would have been there besides the media constantly talking about it because they realised it got them more ratings. I'm not saying there are not others who benefit from the coronavirus hysteria there clearly are but I think that part of the interest for the media to fuel the hysteria is ratings aka purely economically driven.

[​IMG]

16. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

But again, Election years drive bigger ratings and revenue than trying to gin up fear about a cold and flu virus.

Cable news’ election-year haul could reach $2.5 billion
    U.S. presidential election drives record ratings for cable news
    TV Ratings: 71 Million Watched 2016 Election Returns Pour In; CNN and Fox News Set Records
    Cable News Gears Up for a Presidential Election Ratings Bump

I don't think you'll find magazines like Adweek talking about how Corona Virus (or any of the other predicted epidemics that never panned out) were ratings blockbusters for news orgs, like a Presidential Election is. From that perspective, it's either a distraction, or a B or C level story.

Consider the $500 Million or so Mike Bloomberg spent on Ads. That was a massive revenue bump right there. What companies are dumping anywhere near that amount to advertise one way or another about Corona Virus?

17. michael94

michael94 Member

18. michael94

michael94 Member

19. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

You don't need everyone to vote, just the "right" ones to win. It's all bull****.

20. Auslander

Auslander Member

I always wonder who benefits from turning these days almost everything into a conspiracy. I mean someone ought to, these conspiracy theories don't just pop up randomly, there's got to be more to it we don't see.