Which daily habits that you consider estrogenic go unnoticed?

tastyfood

I am trying to keep my estrogen lower by paying more attention to things that I do on a daily basis that could have an estrogenic effect.

Two examples I can share:
- Using toilet paper for cleaning the buttocks as well as blowing the nose.
- Washing the skin with soap excessively.

These are two things I have abandoned as far as daily habits go.

What are some things people can easily change that you consider estrogenic?

Thank you!

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

I doubt those would have an effect on your estrogen levels though...
It's been discussed in this forum many times that excessive skin washing with soap can disrupt hormones.

Would you say that being in experiencing stressful situations (which could be seen as a daily habit), also doesn't have an effect on estrogen levels?

Sphagnum

The onslaught of plastics and other xenoestrogens.

-Consuming food/drink/supplements that were stored in plastic containers, as well as cans as the inner liner are plastics (mainly for liquids but solids aren’t always safe)
-heating food in plastic containers
-using plastic utensils for cooking and/or eating; beverage cups that are either plastic or lined with it (paper cups)
-brushing teeth with plastic bristled brushes
-polyester clothing and bedding

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

The onslaught of plastics and other xenoestrogens.

-Consuming food/drink/supplements that were stored in plastic containers, as well as cans as the inner liner are plastics (mainly for liquids but solids aren’t always safe)
-heating food in plastic containers
-using plastic utensils for cooking and/or eating; beverage cups that are either plastic or lined with it (paper cups)
-brushing teeth with plastic bristled brushes
-polyester clothing and bedding

Heating food in plastic containers when microwaving for example?

Do you have any recommendations for toothbrushs? I have never found anything that I liked, and when I tried alternative products they were very ineffective and not durable.

For drinks like orange juice, what do you consider the safest container when it's not stored in plastic? Do you think the bricks from WholeFoods (for example) aren't optimal?

Thank you!

area51puy

Forum Supporter

Do you have any recommendations for toothbrushs? I have never found anything that I liked, and when I tried alternative products they were very ineffective and not durable.

For drinks like orange juice, what do you consider the safest container when it's not stored in plastic? Do you think the bricks from WholeFoods (for example) aren't optimal?

Thank you!
Is there any way to detox these estrogenic hormones since we probably have had a life time of consuming the chemicals. I saw some article where they actually found micro plastics in blood. So there are ways over time to detox pufa can we do this with plastics or does it even work this way? Ignorant on this.

Sphagnum

In regards to the heating specific statement I made, then yes that is what I had most in mind. Nonstick pots and pans are full of toxins as well, but I’m not sure if they carry an estrogenic influence or not.
There are a few made with boar hair bristles and bamboo, as well as boar bristles with a plastic head if you can manage to not scrape the head on the opposite facing teeth as you brush. If you meant specific brands, I’d have to look at what I’ve bought before and report back as I don’t recall.
I’m not sure what the bricks at Whole Foods are. I may have seen them but I’m drawing a blank right now in bricks.
For OJ it’s tough because I never see it in glass. I’ve thought about it in the past and my best guess has been that buying the frozen concentrate might be safest because it’s the lowest surface area exposure per calorie, and since it’s in a solid state the leeching should be lowered.
I usually make my own juice, and it’s usually apple since it yeilds a lot more for what you pay. Even when I buy bulk oranges or reduced price oranges, you don’t get much for what you pay (I live in the Northeast US so that may be regional.)
From what I’ve read, Ray’s main concern with apple juice is the possible presence of mold from the apples. I can say that when I buy bulk apples, you do have to keep an eye out for mold because even little spots are fairly common. However, since I’m pressing my own I have the ability to carve out these sections and smell test them (sometimes you’ll still smell it up close even if you don’t see anymore.)
Thank you!
Happy to help

ReSTART

plastic everywhere. everybody snores, even i do, that’s sleep apnea.

inhaling fuel exhaust from car too

miquelangeles

hi,why do you think listening to any music is estrogenic?
Music is known to affect the levels of cortisol, testosterone and estrogen.
There are several studies out there, some with conflicting results.
Overall I believe it's beneficial, especially for the cortisol lowering effect.
I guess it depends on the type of music etc.

johnwester130

interesting

-Luke-

If you consider the whole cascade/interaction between cortisol/estrogen/prolactin/serotonin/... I guess every habit or routine that you don't enjoy and you are forced to by others (e.g. employer, family members) or by yourself can be estrogenic - at least in an indirect way.

Nomane Euger

have you seen study claiming that the effect of certain types of music is a net estrogenic increase?

Dave Clark

I would also like to see valid studies showing that washing with soap disrupts hormones, to any degree worth being concerned about. A lot of this stuff sounds quite anal retentive.

Tenacity

have you seen study claiming that the effect of certain types of music is a net estrogenic increase?
I haven't seen anything but we should know from Peat that an increase in blood estrogen won't necessarily reflect an increase in tissue estrogen - it might even be the opposite.

JamesGatz

Wearing tighter clothes seems to increase serotonin/estrogen for me- even if the material is fine, if I find it compressing in any way it really seems to be a bother - I wear it as baggy as possible

Buying clothes has become a nightmare - I got a colossal booty (bigger than 90-95% of women) and they barely make any clothes for men with a lot of room in that area - I am interested in learning to sew my own clothes completely from scratch

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Wearing tighter clothes seems to increase serotonin/estrogen for me- even if the material is fine, if I find it compressing in any way it really seems to be a bother - I wear it as baggy as possible

Buying clothes has become a nightmare - I got a colossal booty (bigger than 90-95% of women) and they barely make any clothes for men with a lot of room in that area - I am interested in learning to sew my own clothes completely from scratch

If you want to learn how to sew your own clothes, or alter existing ones, this channel is for you: https://www.youtube.com/c/StylishDad/videos

golder

I have the same problem. Is this from years of high estrogen?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals