When did Peat change his mind about Covid?

rijo

I remember early on in the pandemic, Peat did a few interviews where he stated that he wasn't convinced that Covid is any worse than the flu.

I haven't been able to keep up with all his latest interviews, but I was wondering, when did he (or did he at all?) change his mind about the current situation?

Does anyone know what he currently believes?

mrchibbs

I remember early on in the pandemic, Peat did a few interviews where he stated that he wasn't convinced that Covid is any worse than the flu.

I haven't been able to keep up with all his latest interviews, but I was wondering, when did he (or did he at all?) change his mind about the current situation?

I don't think he has changed his mind per se. We know 95% of people with ''covid'' have comorbidities, so the actual death rate associated with covid is probably much closer to the flu than commonly argued, especially if we extrapolate the PCR ''cases'' to the entire population, like used to be done with the flu.

Moreover, the flu has apparently ''disappeared'', so in all likelihood, the deaths attributed to the flu over the past calendar year shifted to covid as well. The respiratory symptoms experienced by those with ''covid'' are very canonical of things like serotonin syndrome and pneumonia, hence why the same anti-inflammatory things work to treat it.

Scenes

There is a bit of dissonance in arguing that it’s a bio weapon created by the US or China and at the same time it’s relatively harmless and death rates haven’t changed (they’ve just been recategorised).

Did they just do a bad job?

LeeRoyJenkins

He continues to say that to this day.

mrchibbs

There is a bit of dissonance in arguing that it’s a bio weapon created by the US or China and at the same time it’s relatively harmless and death rates haven’t changed (they’ve just been recategorised).

I agree, I've seen this dissonance too.

The recent censored dark horse podcast with Robert Malone discussed a japanese data package which showed that the spike protein was in elevated concentration in the ovaries after vaccination, while the effect wasn't as strong in the testes.

However, this is enough in my estimation, along with the significant reports of miscarriages in vaccinated women, to give at least some credence to the bioweapon theory. If it affects fertility, that's a major effect.

LeeRoyJenkins

No, the point was always the vaccines.

Ye gentle Americans.

Dragulescu

Covid= endotoxin.

Extremely exacerbated by vitamin d deficiency.

Im sure if Mozart was alive now they'd say he died of covid. (He died of foodpoisoning/ endotoxin)

Giraffe

Assumed it was a bio weapon in the beginning and it was dangerous... Those viruses would not spread far. The victims are too ill to run around and infect others. It's easily contained. When the virus starts to mutate it will be the less lethal variants that spread.

DB_2014

I keep up with all of Danny's podcasts with Ray as well as Ray's newsletters. I haven't heard anything indicating that Ray has changed his mind on anything. In fact, he predicted much of what is happening with the vaccines, the passports, and the variants.

tankasnowgod

I think you are confusing two different types of people. But I also think that people's concept of how dangerous "bioweapons" can be is far from reality.

With real weapons, people generally understand the difference between things like knives and handguns, and potentially more destructive things like missiles and bombs. Nuclear bombs would be seen as the most destructive. As they get more and more destructive, they tend to be heavier and heavier requiring a lot more mass.

But when it comes to "bioweapons," all logic and physics goes right out the window. People think that a few mlligrams (or micrograms, or even picograms) of a "bioweapon" has the potential to wipe out the entire planet's population, similar to a shot from the Death Star. Maybe it even could in theory, by being contagious, but after a few hosts, it runs into the same problem that MLM schemes have..... less potential people to infect, and those that are infected don't have the same degree of symptoms/enthusiasm. When in reality, if you were planning to even affect a significant portion of a city (even 1% or less), you would need thousands of tons (maybe millions) of aerosolized spray.

So, just like a guy with a handgun, yes, there might a danger in close proximity of a release point, but not much at a distance, certainly not in other countries or continents.

The microgram amounts escaping and infecting the world is purely a product of fiction. But I'm sure plenty of The Powers that (shouldn't) Be like to cultivate this idea among the masses. It seems to have been really useful during COVID.

Just look at Operation Sea Spray-

On September 20, 1950, a US Navy ship just off the coast of San Francisco used a giant hose to spray a cloud of microbes into the air and into the city's famous fog. The military was testing how a biological weapon attack would affect the 800,000 residents of the city.

The people of San Francisco had no idea.

The Navy continued the tests for seven days, potentially causing at least one death. It was one of the first large-scale biological weapon trials that would be conducted under a "germ warfare testing program" that went on for 20 years, from 1949 to 1969.

Certainly it was wrong, but seven days of spraying these microbes is estimated to only have caused one death (maybe it did cause others). Yes, doctors apparently noticed something odd, but nothing in the article suggests a massive influx of patients to hospitals or deaths.

Last edited:

gaze

yea over the course of the year, i saw the same people go from covid doesn't exist, to it's real but harmless, to china made it and killed 600k americans so we need to go go war, to the spike protein is dangerous so we need to avoid vaccinated people for the rest of our lives. all the meanwhile it just strengthens conventional sciences tyranny cause they can point to the contradictory claims taken by the "conspiracy" theorists to decredit them

Gone Peating

Ngl I’m a bit disappointed in Ray. He has spent basically his entire life researching the medical industry and how evil they are, yet he never truly understood how evil. As I’ve been researching the past year there is a staggering amount of proof that they have been planning this whole thing (fake pandemic over a low mortality virus to usher in a very lethal vaccine) for decades. Wish Peat would have stumbled upon some of this info years back but tbh he probably would have shot himself in the back of the head with a shotgun after publishing anything about this stuff and then his writings would be erased.

Scenes

yea over the course of the year, i saw the same people go from covid doesn't exist, to it's real but harmless, to china made it and killed 600k americans so we need to go go war, to the spike protein is dangerous so we need to avoid vaccinated people for the rest of our lives. all the meanwhile it just strengthens conventional sciences tyranny cause they can point to the contradictory claims taken by the "conspiracy" theorists to decredit them
To be fair, I think Ray has been very consistent throughout. He suggested recently the virus is a nuisance but that’s it. I was amazed how early on he was confidently asserting it was nothing to worry about, despite the hysteria coming from Wuhan, New York and Italy early on.

The vaccines may well turn out to be the real issue. Or the power shift that has occurred across the majority of the world in which governments can now seemingly lock us down, control the media narrative and never even address opposing views. Would be nice to be able to pinpoint the true agenda.

yerrag

I may start a thread asking When Did Ray Peat Change His Mind About Sugar.

And then in the opening paragraph ask Wait, Did He Ever Change His Mind?

I just like clickbait.

gaze

To be fair, I think Ray has been very consistent throughout. He suggested recently the virus is a nuisance but that’s it. I was amazed how early on he was confidently asserting it was nothing to worry about, despite the hysteria coming from Wuhan, New York and Italy early on.

The vaccines may well turn out to be the real issue. Or the power shift that has occurred across the majority of the world in which governments can now seemingly lock us down, control the media narrative and never even address opposing views. Would be nice to be able to pinpoint the true agenda.
yea Ray is always a great voice of reason, and very non-alarmist. Even when he points out so called "agendas", he doesn't do it in a neurotic paranoid fashion, and its often supported by logical evidence. The same can't be said about many other "skeptics" on the internet, but that's just the nature of humans and the internet itself. And certainly in this environment of isolation where so much is changing its easy for all of us to start getting extremely neurotic, I certainly fall into those traps occasionally.

I like Adam Curtis documentaries which sort of touch on this subject of confusion, I think the quantitative easing being undertaken during the pandemic by central banks is a big problem of the response to covid and has created hundreds of billionares while the working class got wiped out during the lock-downs, and he had a good section on this mechanism (pre-covid, although its much worse now) and how it happens without anyone doing anything to stop it due to everyone being in a state of confusion:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt6EDu6iMvw

tankasnowgod

I was amazed how early on he was confidently asserting it was nothing to worry about, despite the hysteria coming from Wuhan, New York and Italy early on.

Why? Every single one of these fake "Media Pandemics," from Swine Flu in 1976, to SARS to MERS to Ebola to Zika to West Nile to Swine Flu 2009 to Bird Flu, have been nothing to worry about. I'm really more amazed that anyone fell for this nonsense in the first place.

They were running this "pandemic" by prophecy ("Wait two weeks!" isn't evidence, it's predicting the future). If it were a real "Pandemic," they wouldn't have time to give it an Avengers type backstory and name. Nor time to predict disaster for 3 months or so before corporations and governments made it "real." They would just be reporting about overcrowded hospitals, massive amounts of people out sick, and maybe people falling ill/dead in the street. You know, real, provable symptoms and conditions. They would be saying "What can be causing all of this?" Not "You better beware of this Novel Corona Virus that we know jumped from a bat to a woman in a wet market because we have it on video tape or something."

Fiction and storytelling always leaves telltale signs.

Sefton10

yea Ray is always a great voice of reason, and very non-alarmist. Even when he points out so called "agendas", he doesn't do it in a neurotic paranoid fashion, and its often supported by logical evidence.
Agree - I've found listening to him a great comfort in the madness and hysteria of the last 18 months.

Hugh Johnson

Viruses quickly evolve into less harmful variants. Besides, I think he was talking about the Chinese response, rather than the virus

OP
R

rijo

I may start a thread asking When Did Ray Peat Change His Mind About Sugar.

And then in the opening paragraph ask Wait, Did He Ever Change His Mind?

I just like clickbait.
:laughing: I listened to his most recent interview with Danny, and I got the impression that he might've changed his mind!

Thanks everyone for clearing this up for me :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals