What would you do to help dissolve thyroid nodules?

jay123

Great, thanks for clarifying. Do you use gf flours or grains at all?
Yes I do. But not much of my diet. I use masa harina, rice, potatoes, oat bran for a starch and sometimes gf pasta, The rest of my diet is fruits, occasionally vegetables, meats, some eggs, some cheese, milk, butter, cocoa butter, and coconut oil. I avoid PUFA like the plague.

Kray

Yes I do. But not much of my diet. I use masa harina, rice, potatoes, oat bran for a starch and sometimes gf pasta, The rest of my diet is fruits, occasionally vegetables, meats, some eggs, some cheese, milk, butter, cocoa butter, and coconut oil. I avoid PUFA like the plague.
Thanks, that helps! I like to avoid PUFA as well, but don't milk, cheese, meat, and eggs all contain small percentages of PUFA? Or do you mean, no PUFA oils (added to chips, snack foods, etc, or bottled vegetable oils)?

Last edited:

jay123

Thanks, that helps! I like to avoid PUFA as well, but don't milk, cheese, meat, and eggs all contain small percentages of PUFA? Or do you mean, no PUFA oils (added to chips, snack foods, etc, or bottled vegetable oils)?
Right. No PUFA oils

Kray

Right. No PUFA oils
I eat all of what you list in your diet. From your reading here on the forum, and elsewhere, are you of the opinion that PUFA is really about eliminating vegetable oils from the diet, so that if one calculates their PUFA consumption in a day, although they may have eaten grassfed beef, raw milk, and pastured eggs, any PUFA contained in those foods would not be counted toward the total intake of PUFA for that day?

aniciete

I eat all of what you list in your diet. From your reading here on the forum, and elsewhere, are you of the opinion that PUFA is really about eliminating vegetable oils from the diet, so that if one calculates their PUFA consumption in a day, although they may have eaten grassfed beef, raw milk, and pastured eggs, any PUFA contained in those foods would not be counted toward the total intake of PUFA for that day?
Worrying about pufa in animal foods like beef, eggs, and dairy is purely orthorexia.

amd

This excerpt is from a RP interview (Herb Doctors) that has been posted before (search the forum for more info):

"Practically, all of the fibers that are used as food additives, carrageenan, guar gum, various other gums, oat bran, and even some of the semi-synthetic things, metamucil, agar, and psyllium.

All have been identified as carcinogens for the intestine and possibly other organs.

Getting those out quickly before they support bacterial growth [and ferment].

The fermentative bacteria are known to increase the serotonin and lactic acid production [and the endotoxin].

There's a back and forth increase of endotoxin by the serotonin, and vice versa."

Kray

This excerpt is from a RP interview (Herb Doctors) that has been posted before (search the forum for more info):

"Practically, all of the fibers that are used as food additives, carrageenan, guar gum, various other gums, oat bran, and even some of the semi-synthetic things, metamucil, agar, and psyllium.

All have been identified as carcinogens for the intestine and possibly other organs.

Getting those out quickly before they support bacterial growth [and ferment].

The fermentative bacteria are known to increase the serotonin and lactic acid production [and the endotoxin].

There's a back and forth increase of endotoxin by the serotonin, and vice versa."

The following was posted by @yerrag on thread,"Ray Peat Interview 7-19-21, One Radio Network".
@gaze @Lejeboca @yerrag Peat is referring to the psyllium husk only, the outer shell, when he recommends it for peristalsis, not the whole psyllium seed. He also sometimes recommends oat bran to people. These things have a little starch left on them, but you can wash some of it off.
I understand that as that is what we're talking about. The psyllium husk is the fiber. We are not talking about the psyllium seed as health food stores commonly sell the psyllium husk, not the whole seed.

Here is the result of searching for psyllium in Amazon:

Amazon.com : psyllium

amd

"The right kind of fiber can benefit a variety of bowel problems. However, some types of fiber can exacerbate the problem, and some types (such as oat bran) have been found to increase bowel cancer in animal studies."

"Whereas wheat bran reduces fecal bile acid concentration, pectin, lignin, and oat bran do not. These three fibers significantly increase total bile acid output. Bile acids act as promoters of colonic tumors in mutagenesis assay systems and in various animal models."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals