What Oil To Use As A Massage Therapist?

KoJo

Hello. I am looking for advice on what oil to use as a massage therapist? Virgin, refined, fractionated coconut oil or Macadamia oil? If I used macadamia oil could this have a negative effect over time on my skin as the therapist and contribute to PUFA levels in the body? I would also like to know anyone's thoughts on using fractionated coconut oil?

paymanz

Coconut oil is better.

Glycerol is interesting too.

What fraction of coconut oil?

yerrag

I've thought of using magnesium oil, but the magnesium oil I have is made from a technical grade of magnesium chloride, and it irritates my skin. Perhaps if I bought the popular magnsium oils being sold, it would not be so irritating.

Diokine

I like coconut oil and cocoa butter. I haven't noticed any ill effects from either.

paymanz

I've thought of using magnesium oil, but the magnesium oil I have is made from a technical grade of magnesium chloride, and it irritates my skin. Perhaps if I bought the popular magnsium oils being sold, it would not be so irritating.
No matter what grade of magnesium chloride, it gonna be irritating anyway.its not really an oil.

yerrag

No matter what grade of magnesium chloride, it gonna be irritating anyway.its not really an oil.
I should have noted that magnesium oil isn't really an oil, as you pointed out, but it doesn't exclude it for use in massage if it has therapeutic benefits. Since the magnesium oil I have is a DIY form made from a cheap technical grade of magnesium chloride, my experience of its use as being irritating may not be the same as when I use a higher grade.

paymanz

I should have noted that magnesium oil isn't really an oil, as you pointed out, but it doesn't exclude it for use in massage if it has therapeutic benefits. Since the magnesium oil I have is a DIY form made from a cheap technical grade of magnesium chloride, my experience of its use as being irritating may not be the same as when I use a higher grade.
Yeah ,other than that you get some magnesium in your skin which is good, but it dries fast, maybe adding some glycerol help it to not getting dry.

But I haven't tried that.I guess it depends if it be soluble in glycerol.

Kyle M

Be careful about slopping on unlimited amounts of absorbable minerals

yerrag

Be careful about slopping on unlimited amounts of absorbable minerals
Yeah,good advise by kyle.
Magnesium toxicity could kill, so yes, at least the oral route keeps that from happening as excess magnesium results in diarrhea, and excess absorption is prevented.

OP
K

KoJo

Diokine what type of coconut oil do you use, just virgin, refined or fractionated? Thank you

RobertJM

Oh yeah. When the lights go down, get out the cocoa butter. Oh baby. Bit of Barry White on the stereo. Let's get it on.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals