Temperature Really Took A Dip

Katelove

I am having an interesting experience today. I have been on T3 for 2.5 weeks. My temperature has been rising although pretty unstable. Last night I woke up a lot and today I have been very tired and my temperature is back down in the 96.5 range. It did come up to 97.1 today but it has normally been peaking at 98.2 or so.
Anyway, I also look puffy around my eyes...seem very hypo today, even after feeling like I have been improving for weeks.
Yesterday I ate masa harina. I had homemade tortillas and then some masa dumplings in chicken soup.
The other thing was that I do massage and used the spa's massage cream which I am sure is PUFA. I like to use my own coconut oil, but forgot it yesterday.
The T3 has been making me sweat a lot and I have been doing a lot of massage and have been sweating a lot, so I wonder about my electrolytes.
I am just wondering what could be causing my setback today. Oh yeah, also I am perimenopausal and skipped my period this month, its been over 6 weeks. So, hormonally, I am not sure where I am at, I feel weepy and cry easily today as well.
Any insights?

yerrag

Maybe waking up a lot at night had something to do with it. Maybe you weren't able to get enough sleep, and since glycogen stores build up while asleep, lacking sleep made your glycogen stores run low. You would be relying less on your glycogen stores during the day, and your blood sugar may be running lower than usual. With reduced sugar supply, your metabolism had to pare down, and your temperature as well. Just a guess.

I was thinking about my low temperature lately as well, even with thyroid, and pregnenolone, and progesterone. I couldn't figure out why, but then I realized I've been waking up 3-4 times each night to pee. I realized also that I had been feeling a little low on sugar, thru my eyes feeling a bit weepy, which in the past was an indication. I thought further about this, and was able to tie the increased night urination to a detox protocol I recently resumed for to chelate my body of lead toxicity. The supplements all help the liver to detox, and when the liver does its detox, many substances are converted to water soluble form, to be eliminated as stool or urine. This would account for my frequent urination at night, and the less sleep I'm getting.

OP
Katelove

Katelove

Maybe waking up a lot at night had something to do with it. Maybe you weren't able to get enough sleep, and since glycogen stores build up while asleep, lacking sleep made your glycogen stores run low. You would be relying less on your glycogen stores during the day, and your blood sugar may be running lower than usual. With reduced sugar supply, your metabolism had to pare down, and your temperature as well. Just a guess.

I was thinking about my low temperature lately as well, even with thyroid, and pregnenolone, and progesterone. I couldn't figure out why, but then I realized I've been waking up 3-4 times each night to pee. I realized also that I had been feeling a little low on sugar, thru my eyes feeling a bit weepy, which in the past was an indication. I thought further about this, and was able to tie the increased night urination to a detox protocol I recently resumed for to chelate my body of lead toxicity. The supplements all help the liver to detox, and when the liver does its detox, many substances are converted to water soluble form, to be eliminated as stool or urine. This would account for my frequent urination at night, and the less sleep I'm getting.
Thank you for your insight. I will be aware of this. I do wake up a lot...so I don't know what to do about this. I have sleep apnea and I think I need to be retested and have my cpap recalibrated.
I feel a bit better today. I did take some ashwagandha last night and some magnesium and slept better than the night before.

yerrag

Thank you for your insight. I will be aware of this. I do wake up a lot...so I don't know what to do about this. I have sleep apnea and I think I need to be retested and have my cpap recalibrated.
I feel a bit better today. I did take some ashwagandha last night and some magnesium and slept better than the night before.

That's very good. I wanted to share with you that I slept well last night, with less having to get up at night to pee. But I woke up in the morning with an urge to poop. And so I did. My temperature was high. At 36.6 C only at 8am, an hour after waking up.

Last night, I drank milk with plenty of fat. The fat was from coconut milk. I took in the advice of haidut in a Generative Energy interview, about having more fat in the evening helping with sleep, due to it slowing down the assimilation of glucose, helping to steady the inflow of glucose into the blood while asleep.

The fat intakr may have helped with bile secretion, and my detox waste may have been diverted to the stools instead of urine. So I wasn't waking up to pee as much anymore.

Last edited: