What Happens To Me After 8pm In Foreign Country?

InChristAlone

8pm is the shift to parasympathetic. I asked Peat why I get an adrenaline rush at this time (not very frequently anymore) and he said thyroid or ice cream can help prevent the drop in blood glucose. Cypro has helped prevent the dramatic shift for me. At it's worst I did feel like my guts were moving, which also correlates with the parasympathetic.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

8pm is the shift to parasympathetic. I asked Peat why I get an adrenaline rush at this time (not very frequently anymore) and he said thyroid or ice cream can help prevent the drop in blood glucose. Cypro has helped prevent the dramatic shift for me. At it's worst I did feel like my guts were moving, which also correlates with the parasympatihetic.

That is fascinating. I have also noticed a big shift at 8pm but never thought why. Do you know exactly what that means, the shift to parasympathetic? Did he offer any other advice about the situation and what time do you usually eat the ice cream to stop the 8pm change?

M

member 2106

I struggle energy wise without starches. When I rely on sugar it is almost like I am always at 50% strength, feel irritable and hungry constantly. With starches I feel around 90% strength and can go longer between meals, but perhaps my gut health is effected.

What's the longest you've gone without starches? I also find it hard to feel full without them, but I wonder if there is quite a long adjustment period, which might be worth enduring if it corrects the digestive issues associated with starch intake.

InChristAlone

Here is what he said "The parasympathetic nervous system normally lowers blood sugar in the evening preparing for sleep, and (especially when thyroid function is low) sometimes it lowers the glucose too much, causing a surge of adrenaline and cortisol. Ice cream and thyroid usually help."

I usually eat my ice cream at 7-8 and that does help. But back when I was still using caffeine and only taking cypro every once in a while ice cream didn't help. Off caffeine except chocolate now. Also if I've had an anxious day the shift seems to cause more symptoms that evening. It seems like my nervous system regulates better the more I am able to accept where I am right now no matter what is going on and to not be so engaged with a loop of anxious thoughts.

Pet Peeve

I used to feel really unwell at 1 pm every day. At first I thought it was because I would usually eat lunch at around noon so I tried to eat lunch later or earlier but I would still always feel bad at 1 pm. It was so strange to me that I started to search the net for an explanation and the only thing I found was from chinese medicine. In tcm the hours of the day govern certain organs and in my case 1 pm corresponded to the small intestine. I have struggled with gluten for years and I also have subclinical digestive enzyme deficiency. 8 pm would correspond to the pericardium. The pericardium in tcm terms protects the heart from emotional damage, or in peaty terms protects you mind from stress.

Here's a link, hope you don't get put off by the woo-woo language: TCM - 24-hour Organ Qi Cycle

Maybe take up painting?

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

What's the longest you've gone without starches? I also find it hard to feel full without them, but I wonder if there is quite a long adjustment period, which might be worth enduring if it corrects the digestive issues associated with starch intake.

Around a week at a time a few times with increasingly negative symptoms. I am becoming unconvinced by the anti starch messages I read. I haven't quite decided what I think about the starch situation completely yet.

I also don't think the quality of fruit I have access to is very good, which could be a factor.

yerrag

raypeatclips, would you care to tell which foreign country/ies you are taking about? And where you are based?

yerrag

Based in the UK and the foreign countries are just European countries, Spain, France, Greece
How long has this been happening? Is it a recent occurrence or has it been happening for the past few years? Is it seasonal?

yerrag

A few years. I am beginning to wonder if I can't handle foreign bacteria in my gut yet until my metabolism is higher.

Along that line, maybe it's the water there you're not used to.

When I was living in the US, I would make sure I don't drink local water when I visited the Philippines. The rather clean water I was used to didn't prepare me for the Philippine tap water. The time I made a mistake, I vomited so much. It was the only time I ever vomited. I had a bad case of diarrhea as well.

Not sure if you're drinking the local water there. Maybe what you're experiencing is a much milder version of what I experienced.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Along that line, maybe it's the water there you're not used to.

When I was living in the US, I would make sure I don't drink local water when I visited the Philippines. The rather clean water I was used to didn't prepare me for the Philippine tap water. The time I made a mistake, I vomited so much. It was the only time I ever vomited. I had a bad case of diarrhea as well.

Not sure if you're drinking the local water there. Maybe what you're experiencing is a much milder version of what I experienced.

When I do drink water, I only drink bottled water abroad. Might ingest a small amount when brushing teeth, or small amounts that restaurants have used to prepare food. I feel we are on the right idea but can't see it being the water. My gut is very sensitive as it is though, even at home.

yerrag

When I do drink water, I only drink bottled water abroad. Might ingest a small amount when brushing teeth, or small amounts that restaurants have used to prepare food. I feel we are on the right idea but can't see it being the water. My gut is very sensitive as it is though, even at home.
Could it be the bottled water you drink isn't processed? Some bottled water, like Perrier, claims to be natural, and doesn't go thru any disinfection process, being that the source is relatively clean and free from much contaminants. Still, it may not go well with your sensitive gut.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Could it be the bottled water you drink isn't processed? Some bottled water, like Perrier, claims to be natural, and doesn't go thru any disinfection process, being that the source is relatively clean and free from much contaminants. Still, it may not go well with your sensitive gut.

Could be, I'm not sure. I am back home now so can't check. Been back a week now and still having gut issues. Infrequent bowel movements, lots of mucous with them, bloating. Gut generally feels poor. Cyproheptadine 2-3 times a day still.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals