What Does Really Work To Lower Stress (hormones)?

Motif

what did really help you?

Prog? Brahmi? Ashwagandha? Gaba? Breathing techniques?

Do red or orange light bulbs in the evening help?

I'm naturally very stressed since I can remember. ADD type of guy. Always overthinking. Thoughts always running.
It makes me crazy.

Runenight201

Cbd oil has a strong anxiolytic effect in my experience. It lowers cognition and makes one spacey, but if you’re overthinking, that stuff will definitely work to calm the mind.

Magnesium has had a relaxative effect on me as well.

Im my opinión though being a high stress individual indicates incorrect dietary choices. Too many starches stress my body and eventual mind as well. fruit and green smoothies, sugar and milk, eggs, meat, and saturated fat keeps the stress away and resiliency high.

TeaRex14

Anything that lowers adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH) would be efficient at blunting stress (cortisol). The thing that first comes to mind is magnesium. Also keeping blood sugar steady throughout the day is useful too, probably the biggest factor actually. rawmeat as an excellent point too, getting out in nature has calming affects on people, proven in studies even.

Vinny

Phenibut has worked well for my rat so far.

OP
M

Motif

I got some more symptoms and I guess this is all connected and just taking everything easy probably won't fix them

Lejeboca

what did really help you?

Prog? Brahmi? Ashwagandha? Gaba? Breathing techniques?

Do red or orange light bulbs in the evening help?

I'm naturally very stressed since I can remember. ADD type of guy. Always overthinking. Thoughts always running.
It makes me crazy.

It is probably a matter of experimentation, for example, with many the advice given about anxiety already on this forum.

But if you asking about personal accounts, I'd second @bzmazu about meditation, then come various herbs (depending on the type of anxiety present at different parts of a 24-hour period), third red light. It is very hard to generalize.
I'd also agree with @Runenight201 re: food choices.

Energizer

lots of daily sunlight, bright lights in winter, staying warm, thyroid supplement if/when needed (ideally in a high ratio of t3 to t4), breathing less, sucrose/fructose with protein to avoid hypoglycemia, coffee when desired. i naturally lean towards ADD myself so i have a vested interest. i think for longer term solutions, breathing less is probably one of the most useful. meditation thickens the cerebral cortex primarily so it is highly useful for scatterbrained thinking, so i will echo the others suggestions on that one. i know, i know, easier said than done. just generally having better thyroid function has really helped my thinking be more clear-headed, imo. i also would recommend checking out methylene blue, as it helps focus and memory. if you can find a quality source, pregnenolone as well.

OP
M

Motif

Thanks guys.

I have a "ADD" diagnosis too.

What thyroid supplement is recommended? Not sure if I need that.

Oh and any opinion on those daylight - lamps? Are they useful? I still have one but never used it

Energizer

i don't think it's easy or intuitive figuring out a thyroid supplement especially when you're just getting into the ideas and research of RP, probably best to figure out your pulse and temperature first and if you can bring those up with food before jumping on thyroid. good thyroid function should theoretically mitigate to some degree attentional issues. but if you look on the RP wiki in the email exchanges a thyroid brand and starting dose is suggested for those who do want to take it. i guess several are mentioned but cynomel and cynoplus are the ones i know of as being high quality.

i think in danny roddy's video danny recommended a bulb brand, if you search danny roddy on YouTube his video on RP inspired red light lists the bulb he used which should work fine. as long as they're around 250watts, incandescent and clear, and you have several of them, the brand probably isnt too important. was that what you meant by daylight lamps? i think they work fine for general lighting and are useful for lowering stress when used frequently, though they might eat up your energy bill i'm not sure.

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

The lamp I have is called Breuer TL 80 daylight lamp. 10 000 lux.

Breathing less: isn't this stress for us too?

Svdmeere

Cranial electro-stimulation (CES) works well for me. I would say a 25% reduction on stress levels. I have used the Alpha-stim device twice daily for six months now. It has had no side-effects.

LiveWire

As I understand it, there is no such thing as ADD. Even the guy who coined the term said so before he died.

Gone Peating

What have you noticed from it? Better sleep?

makes me sleepy almost immediately upon application, this effect has started to decrease lately tho. i sleep better when i take it.

less water weight, i look leaner, just feel overall less stressed as well, also hair is noticeably softer - kind of an interesting one

ebs

Glycine on a regular basis. Mucuna Pruriens + taurine. Low dose niacinamide and b6 (p5p works best in my experience). Magnesium. This is the safe stack.

The unsafe but more potent stack is benzos and phenibut.

ShotTrue

Cbd oil has a strong anxiolytic effect in my experience. It lowers cognition and makes one spacey, but if you’re overthinking, that stuff will definitely work to calm the mind.

Magnesium has had a relaxative effect on me as well.

Im my opinión though being a high stress individual indicates incorrect dietary choices. Too many starches stress my body and eventual mind as well. fruit and green smoothies, sugar and milk, eggs, meat, and saturated fat keeps the stress away and resiliency high.
pretty good diet right there

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals