Vitamins A & D

HollyLooyah

What is the determining factor for supplementing with A and D? I have trashed my multi and am taking a Dry E and plan on starting K2. Why A and D?

For the past few years I had been literally drowning myself in various oils - EPO, Flax Seed Oil, Fish Oil....etc. I just couldn't figure out why I wasn't feeling better......sheesh. I guess I'll have a PUFA cloud around me forEVER!!

My supplement cabinet has been cleaned out (wow there's so much more room in there now). Are there any suspicious ingredients I need to watch out for when selecting my new supplements besides the obvious soybean oils and the like? (I've consulted the suggested supplement list but want to look around at some other brands as well).

chris

Vit A is good for acne, dandruff, thyroid, to name 3. People usually stick to eating liver 2-4 times a month for vitamin A. Vitamin D is something to think about supplementing.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Yes, "A" if not getting your liver, "D" if low and/or not getting sun, "E" for protective purposes, "K2", aspirin for more protective purposes, niacinamide for protective, thyroid to raise the metabolism. Red light, and maybe some bag breathing.

J

j.

K if you want to take aspirin. Aspirin inhibits the release of PUFA to the bloodstream, which harms all the organs. It takes 4 years for the body to eliminate all the PUFA after removing them from the diet. The PUFA will be released due to stress, exposition to U.V., or not eating for a while. The PUFA might be eliminated through another process called glucuronidation that doesn't damage organs. Aspirin inhibits the other way of eliminating PUFAs, by releasing them to the bloodstream.

HollyLooyah

Thank you for your replies! I am ordering K and D. Already taking a dry E and plan on incorporating liver so I won't need to supplement with A.

Thanks again!

J

j.

HollyLooyah said:
Thank you for your replies! I am ordering K and D. Already taking a dry E and plan on incorporating liver so I won't need to supplement with A.

I think liver has some K too, but I have no idea what are the ideal amounts.

kettlebell

Charlie said:
Yes, "A" if not getting your liver, "D" if low and/or not getting sun, "E" for protective purposes, "K2", aspirin for more protective purposes, niacinamide for protective, thyroid to raise the metabolism. Red light, and maybe some bag breathing.

What an awesome summary! :goodpost

HollyLooyah

Thanks again for your replies everyone! I think my next addition will be to start taking a thyroid supplement but I'm going to wait for official confirmation from my Dr. that it's needed. I have an appointment next week but I'm sure I already know what she'll find.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
TheBeard B Vitamins Doubled My Total Testosterone Levels Male Issues 102
H A Cross-sectional Study Of Plasma Trace Elements And Vitamins Content In Androgenetic Alopecia In Me Articles & Scientific Studies 0
sugarbabe Role Of Vitamins A And D In The Pathogenesis Of Influenza: A New Perspective Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 1
JanP How To Support Endogenous Production Of B Vitamins? Ask For Help or Advice 6
S B-Vitamins Vitamins 2
S Taking Fa-soluble Vitamins One Hour After Eating? Fat-Soluble Vitamins 0
aven4 Help A Eunuch Interpret Bloodwork (Hormones, Prolactin, Thyroid, Vitamins) Blood Work, Labs 0
Highserotonin90 Topical Vitamins Application Experiments 0
C Is It Safe To Take High Doses Of B Vitamins? Ask For Help or Advice 23
J Taking Fat Soluble Vitamins Supplements On The Same Days In The Week Or Separating Them Apart? Vitamins 2
C Questions On DIY Topical B Vitamins Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 49
C What Vitamins Help Flexibility? Vitamins 8
ivy Your Thoughts On Dolores Cahill Regarding Vitamins + Zinc Against SarsCov2 Ask For Help or Advice 16
R B Vitamins Reduced My Back Pain By 90% Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 12
Orangeyouglad Overmethylation Or Undermethylation & B-vitamins Ask For Help or Advice 5
Pompadour Vitamins E, A, C Can Be Bad For Cancer Patients Scientific Studies 20
maillol B Vitamins - Anxiety / Tension/ Hyperactivity Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 13
E Influence Of The Culture Substrate On The Agaricus Blazei Murrill Mushrooms Vitamins Content Scientific Studies 2
Francisco Should I Supplement B Vitamins? Ask For Help or Advice 2
D How To Best Obtain Fat-Soluble Vitamins Vitamins 1
B Do Vitamin D And Other Fat Soluble Vitamins Improve Or Worsen Autoimmunity? Ask For Help or Advice 6
L New Evidence Of Synergism Between Vitamins A And D — Can They Cure Diabetes? Fat-Soluble Vitamins 2
milkboi MCTs Sufficient For Hormone Synthesis And Absorption Of Fat-soluble Vitamins On Low PUFA & Fat Diet Fats 28
Amazoniac Gut Microbiota And B-vitamins: An Estimation Of Its Contribution To Daily Intakes Vitamins 1
M Good Source Of Vitamins In UK? Suppliers 3
cyclops Do Vitamins Really Expire? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
rawmeat What Vitamins And Nutrients Does Alcohol Deplete Most From Your Body? Metabolism 3
Amazoniac Handbook Of Vitamins, Minerals And Hormones - Roman J. Kutsky Book Recommendations 6
A Do B Vitamins Compete With Or Inhibit Each Other? And Vitamin B1 For Energy Water-Soluble Vitamins 4
J Dessicated Liver And Vitamins Organ Meat 0
M Vitamins And Their Used By Date Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
haidut The Fat-soluble Vitamins (K, A, D, E) May Be A Novel Treatment For Osteoarthritis (OA) Scientific Studies 0
L How Does Ray Peat Get His B-vitamins? Water-Soluble Vitamins 5
TheBeard Which Vitamins Are Safe To Take? Vitamins 9
Amazoniac "The Fallacy Of Administering Mixtures Of Crystalline Vitamins Alone In Nutritional Deficiency" Water-Soluble Vitamins 111
Badger Studies That Find Vitamins Worthless Vitamins 24
L Vitamins A And C Could Erase Epigenetic Marks On DNA A 1
Amazoniac Balancing Vitamins A And E Fat-Soluble Vitamins 29
N Do B Vitamins Deplete Any Other Vitamins Or Minerals? Ask For Help or Advice 7
SneezeStar Type Of Fat To Absorb Fat Soluble Vitamins Fat-Soluble Vitamins 5
D Drinking Tea Depleting Body's B-Vitamins? Metabolism 0
S Stacking D-ribose With B-vitamins? Metabolism 1
yerrag Is There A Reasonable Way To Get Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 From Food? Water-Soluble Vitamins 49
Nestito B Vitamins Ask For Help or Advice 3
J Deficiencies Of Vitamins E And A In The Rat: Lipofuscin Accumulation In The Choroid Skin 7
ivy B Complex Vitamins = Fluorescent Urine + Unstoppable Burping! Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 16
Jon B Vitamins Curbing My Appetite? Ask For Help or Advice 17
G Should I Worried About Tolerable Upper Limits Of Vitamins? Ask For Help or Advice 25
L Sniffing B Vitamins Works Vitamins 8
E Good Peat Friendly Sources (foods) Of B Vitamins, Specially B6? Diet 40