Does supplementing with 500mg of omega 3 progressively accumulate PUFA over time?

Darkmortal

Hey there, I started knowing about ray almost 3 years ago and started “peating” since then, before that i was consuming fish oil supplement 1gm a day 500 DHA 500 EPA and only saw benefits from it regarding general health and hair loss (the latter is what got me into ray’s work), but when i started implementing ray’s diet, i, of course, cut them off with no reason (because that’s what ray says) but keeping in mind that cutting other PUFAs and seed oils really helped and it was literally doing me so bad, so 3 years into “peating” i was in good health generally but got no improvement on hair loss at all, it even worsened since then.
So, as of now, i started to see some posts and studies about hair regrowth related to omega 3 supplementation and started reflecting about when i used to take it, cutting it completely off got me more harm than good, so i thought why not if i reintroduced supplementing with a pill of fish oil a day, my question is, if i consumed 1 gm of fish oil a day would it accumulate over time and do the harmful things that PUFA does? While eating pro metabolic consuming only saturated fats, oj, gelatin, milk, eggs, liver, vit D etc. ?
Thanks.

mostlylurking

So, as of now, i started to see some posts and studies about hair regrowth related to omega 3 supplementation and started reflecting about when i used to take it, cutting it completely off got me more harm than good, so i thought why not if i reintroduced supplementing with a pill of fish oil a day, my question is, if i consumed 1 gm of fish oil a day would it accumulate over time and do the harmful things that PUFA does? While eating pro metabolic consuming only saturated fats, oj, gelatin, milk, eggs, liver, vit D etc. ?
Don't do it!!!! I took about that amount of a "high quality" fish oil for about 9 months in 2014. It gave me lipofuscin spots on my face and cataracts. Cataracts trump a little hair loss any day. On the bright side, I stopped the fish oil (in 2015) and the cataracts have improved and I have not needed the surgery after all (much to my eye doctor's dismay).

OP
D

Darkmortal

Don't do it!!!! I took about that amount of a "high quality" fish oil for about 9 months in 2014. It gave me lipofuscin spots on my face and cataracts. Cataracts trump a little hair loss any day. On the bright side, I stopped the fish oil (in 2015) and the cataracts have improved and I have not needed the surgery after all (much to my eye doctor's dismay).
Maybe or it’s mostly an allergic reaction, been on it for a while back then and never got any sides

redsun

Hey there, I started knowing about ray almost 3 years ago and started “peating” since then, before that i was consuming fish oil supplement 1gm a day 500 DHA 500 EPA and only saw benefits from it regarding general health and hair loss (the latter is what got me into ray’s work), but when i started implementing ray’s diet, i, of course, cut them off with no reason (because that’s what ray says) but keeping in mind that cutting other PUFAs and seed oils really helped and it was literally doing me so bad, so 3 years into “peating” i was in good health generally but got no improvement on hair loss at all, it even worsened since then.
Thanks.
Years of low iron and high dairy consumption (which some people pull off when "Peating") can make you iron deficient and worsen hair loss. I would get CBC and an iron panel to see if your iron is too low.

You do need DHA. But I would consume actual seafood high in omega 3 occasionally instead of fish oil. It should still help your hair but investigate iron as deficiency can lead to diffuse thinning.

OP
D

Darkmortal

If
Years of low iron and high dairy consumption (which some people pull off when "Peating") can make you iron deficient and worsen hair loss. I would get CBC and an iron panel to see if your iron is too low.

You do need DHA. But I would consume actual seafood high in omega 3 occasionally instead of fish oil. It should still help your hair but investigate iron as deficiency can lead to diffuse thinning.
if i did lab work and found out I'm iron deficient how do i treat it?

OP
D

Darkmortal

+ most posts here say iron causes hair loss (or maybe too much iron idk), gonna do lab works and let you know.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals