PUFA Increases Risk Of All Cancers, Especially Prostate

haidut

Forum Supporter
The bad news for PUFA just keep on coming. There seems to be no health pathology that PUFA does not promote, even indirectly. The study below demonstrates that BOTH omega-3 and omega-6 increase risk of ANY cancer and death from it, but specifically the risk of aggressive prostate cancer. It is mind boggling that in light of so much evidence for the harmfulness of PUFA the FDA has actually approved an omega-3 product as a prescription drug (e.g. Lovaza) for treating pancreatitis (among other conditions), which is a precursor state to pancreatic cancer.

Omega-3, omega-6 and total dietary polyunsaturated fat on cancer incidence: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised trials
Taking Omega 3 Supplements May Increase the Risk of Prostate Cancer - TheHealthMania
"...Recently, a new study appeared in the British Journal of Cancer exploring the effects of omega-3 supplementation and shows a negative impact of taking them. More specifically, it looks at the supplements and the potential increase in the risk of prostate cancer. Taking omega-3 supplements for various purposes is a common practice around the world. The habits became popular at the start of the past decade with an increase in the number of studies on the supplements. The new study shows yet another dangerous effect of taking omega-3 supplements, which is the increase in the risk of developing prostate cancer. Previously, research has identified the link between the omega-3 supplements and the chances of cancer in general. After the observatory period, the researchers concluded that taking omega-3 supplements...can increase the risk of prostate cancer. Secondly, they also noted that increasing the intake of PUFAs is also associated with the overall risk of developing cancer as well as deaths due to cancer."

Last edited:

S.Seneff

I would like to highlight the difference between long and short chain :
"Increasing LCn3 (NNTH 334, RR1.10, 95% CI 0.97–1.24) and ALA (NNTH 334, RR1.30, 95% CI 0.72–2.32) may slightly increase prostate cancer risk; increasing total PUFA may slightly increase risk of cancer diagnosis (NNTH 125, RR1.19, 95% CI 0.99–1.42) and cancer death (NNTH 500, RR1.10, 95% CI 0.48–2.49) but total PUFA doses were very high in some trials."
Short-chain fatty acids are found in plant sources like flax, chia, hemp, canola oil, and walnuts.
Long-chain fatty acids are found in sources such as fatty fish like salmon, herring, and trout, or taking fish oil (omega-3) supplements.

The 1.1 is most probably due to all the toxic metal and plastic that we can find in all the fishs.

"We included meta-analyses of observational studies that examined associations between intake of fish or ω-3 fatty acid and cancer risk (gastrointestinal, liver, breast, gynecologic, prostate, brain, lung, and skin) and determined the level of evidence of associations.
We found that 12 meta-analyses showed weak evidence of an association between ω-3 fatty acid intake and risk of the following types of cancer: liver cancer (n = 4 of 6), breast cancer (n = 3 of 14), prostate cancer (n = 3 of 11), and brain tumor (n = 2 of 2). In the other 3 meta-analyses, studies of endometrial cancer and skin cancer, there were no assessable data for determining the evidence levels. No meta-analysis showed convincing, highly suggestive, or suggestive evidence of an association. In the sensitivity analysis of meta-analyses by study design, we found weak associations between ω-3 fatty acid intake and breast cancer risk in cohort studies, but no statistically significant association in case-control studies. However, the opposite results were found in case of brain tumor risk. Although ω-3 fatty acids have been studied in several meta-analyses with regard to a wide range of cancer outcomes, only weak associations were identified in some cancer types, with several limitations. Considering the nonsignificant or weak evidence level, clinicians and researchers should cautiously interpret reported associations between ω-3 fatty acid consumption and cancer risks."

As it was written here, inflammation cause prostate cancer : Blocking androgens causes inflammation and prostate disease/cancer flaxseed also :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q1A4OcJlUQ&t=775s

I will not eat flaxseed ! :D

I would like to highlight the difference between long and short chain :
"Increasing LCn3 (NNTH 334, RR1.10, 95% CI 0.97–1.24) and ALA (NNTH 334, RR1.30, 95% CI 0.72–2.32) may slightly increase prostate cancer risk; increasing total PUFA may slightly increase risk of cancer diagnosis (NNTH 125, RR1.19, 95% CI 0.99–1.42) and cancer death (NNTH 500, RR1.10, 95% CI 0.48–2.49) but total PUFA doses were very high in some trials."
Short-chain fatty acids are found in plant sources like flax, chia, hemp, canola oil, and walnuts.
Long-chain fatty acids are found in sources such as fatty fish like salmon, herring, and trout, or taking fish oil (omega-3) supplements.

The 1.1 is most probably due to all the toxic metal and plastic that we can find in all the fishs.

"We included meta-analyses of observational studies that examined associations between intake of fish or ω-3 fatty acid and cancer risk (gastrointestinal, liver, breast, gynecologic, prostate, brain, lung, and skin) and determined the level of evidence of associations.
We found that 12 meta-analyses showed weak evidence of an association between ω-3 fatty acid intake and risk of the following types of cancer: liver cancer (n = 4 of 6), breast cancer (n = 3 of 14), prostate cancer (n = 3 of 11), and brain tumor (n = 2 of 2). In the other 3 meta-analyses, studies of endometrial cancer and skin cancer, there were no assessable data for determining the evidence levels. No meta-analysis showed convincing, highly suggestive, or suggestive evidence of an association. In the sensitivity analysis of meta-analyses by study design, we found weak associations between ω-3 fatty acid intake and breast cancer risk in cohort studies, but no statistically significant association in case-control studies. However, the opposite results were found in case of brain tumor risk. Although ω-3 fatty acids have been studied in several meta-analyses with regard to a wide range of cancer outcomes, only weak associations were identified in some cancer types, with several limitations. Considering the nonsignificant or weak evidence level, clinicians and researchers should cautiously interpret reported associations between ω-3 fatty acid consumption and cancer risks."

As it was written here, inflammation cause prostate cancer : Blocking androgens causes inflammation and prostate disease/cancer flaxseed also :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q1A4OcJlUQ&t=775s

I will not eat flaxseed ! :D

20+ years ago I went from taking flaxseed oil to fish oil, because I read how bad flaxseed is. Salmon and trout were my go-to fish choices. I was big into nuts too. I had so much PUFA going on and everything going haywire. I can’t imagine the different me that I would be dealing with today if I had not discovered Ray Peat’s work.