Vitamins A & D

HollyLooyah

What is the determining factor for supplementing with A and D? I have trashed my multi and am taking a Dry E and plan on starting K2. Why A and D?

For the past few years I had been literally drowning myself in various oils - EPO, Flax Seed Oil, Fish Oil....etc. I just couldn't figure out why I wasn't feeling better......sheesh. I guess I'll have a PUFA cloud around me forEVER!!

My supplement cabinet has been cleaned out (wow there's so much more room in there now). Are there any suspicious ingredients I need to watch out for when selecting my new supplements besides the obvious soybean oils and the like? (I've consulted the suggested supplement list but want to look around at some other brands as well).

chris

Vit A is good for acne, dandruff, thyroid, to name 3. People usually stick to eating liver 2-4 times a month for vitamin A. Vitamin D is something to think about supplementing.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, "A" if not getting your liver, "D" if low and/or not getting sun, "E" for protective purposes, "K2", aspirin for more protective purposes, niacinamide for protective, thyroid to raise the metabolism. Red light, and maybe some bag breathing.

J

j.

K if you want to take aspirin. Aspirin inhibits the release of PUFA to the bloodstream, which harms all the organs. It takes 4 years for the body to eliminate all the PUFA after removing them from the diet. The PUFA will be released due to stress, exposition to U.V., or not eating for a while. The PUFA might be eliminated through another process called glucuronidation that doesn't damage organs. Aspirin inhibits the other way of eliminating PUFAs, by releasing them to the bloodstream.

OP
H

HollyLooyah

Thank you for your replies! I am ordering K and D. Already taking a dry E and plan on incorporating liver so I won't need to supplement with A.

Thanks again!

J

j.

HollyLooyah said:
Thank you for your replies! I am ordering K and D. Already taking a dry E and plan on incorporating liver so I won't need to supplement with A.

I think liver has some K too, but I have no idea what are the ideal amounts.

kettlebell

Charlie said:
Yes, "A" if not getting your liver, "D" if low and/or not getting sun, "E" for protective purposes, "K2", aspirin for more protective purposes, niacinamide for protective, thyroid to raise the metabolism. Red light, and maybe some bag breathing.

What an awesome summary! :goodpost

OP
H

HollyLooyah

Thanks again for your replies everyone! I think my next addition will be to start taking a thyroid supplement but I'm going to wait for official confirmation from my Dr. that it's needed. I have an appointment next week but I'm sure I already know what she'll find.