Help: Took DIM supplement and got very bad reaction

Irish7777

Hi all,
First time poster.

Summer 2020 I used topical Finasteride for three months and got very bad sides.
One was penile and testicle shrinkage.
I took a high dose of Vitamin D after stopping Fin and the issue resolved.
Fast forward a few months and I was taking 30mg of extra virgin oil daily for five days for joint issues and those symptoms came back, again took Vitamin D and Zinc and issued resolved and also Boron and situation actually improved more than before.

A few weeks ago I took a DIM supplement, hoping to resolve another issue I got from fin, puffiness and gyno on one side of my chest.
Within days my penal shrinkage came back but this time Vitamin D and Zinc are not resolving it, it is as if my body is reacting in a different way to Vit D, Boron and Zinc.

I think this might centre around DHT, as Fin, Extra Virgin Olive oil and DIM can inhibit DHT

I am wondering could DIM have knocked off an androgen receptor?
Is there any blood tests that I should get done?
Could something like Tribulus help?
Or do I just have to weight it out and hope over time it will resolve?

I would very much appreciate any guidance from experienced posters on here, I feel helpless.

One other thing I have developed some light ball ache too

Last edited:

tallglass13

For reference, get a total DHT serum test. This will give some more info on your symptoms. For example, if total DHT is below 30 ng/DL, then of course there can be low DHT symptoms. Myself, after 1 pill of Dutasteride, I had symptoms. I tested my DHT and was 26. I have now raised it to 42, and my symptoms are gone.

OP
I

Irish7777

For reference, get a total DHT serum test. This will give some more info on your symptoms. For example, if total DHT is below 30 ng/DL, then of course there can be low DHT symptoms. Myself, after 1 pill of Dutasteride, I had symptoms. I tested my DHT and was 26. I have now raised it to 42, and my symptoms are gone.

Thank you very much for the reply and I will organise those said blood tests.

Out of interest, if this is the issue could you tell me how you raised your DHT to a more normal level?

tallglass13

Thank you very much for the reply and I will organise those said blood tests.

Out of interest, if this is the issue could you tell me how you raised your DHT to a more normal level?
Your welcome, and first off, the drug had to finish it's long half life of at least 6 weeks. Then of course the body has to detox and find balance. Number 2, I supplemented with very small amount of DHT. Lots of B vitamins and Folate which feed the Nitric Oxide pathways. Ray has said that Testosterone is a releaser of Nitric oxide, hence good penile blood flow. Ray stated that is the Reason Progesterone Can cause temporary penile shrinkage due to it opposing testosterone, which inhibits the release of Nitric oxide and open blood flow to the penis.(Interview with Patrick Timpone)

whit

DIM only works for those short of Methionine.
Methionine as a amino can be pro inflammatory if there’s already enough in the system.

Snarf

Fast forward a few months and I was taking 30mg of extra virgin oil daily for five days for joint issues and those symptoms came back,

I think this might centre around DHT, as Fin, Extra Virgin Olive oil and DIM can inhibit DHT

I doubt that the extra virgin olive oil has anything to do with this. I have post accutane syndrome (very similar to pfs) and use about 30ml of it daily with no negative side effects.

OP
I

Irish7777

I doubt that the extra virgin olive oil has anything to do with this. I have post accutane syndrome (very similar to pfs) and use about 30ml of it daily with no negative side effects.

The issue with extra virgin olive oil has cleared up a long time now.
When I used it, 30ml per day after the fifth day my penis became veiny and well malnutrition-ed looking if you get my point , thinning etc

Now the DIM supplement has caused me likewise but also some loss of length

In the last 12 months this has happened me three times, while on Fin, while on Olive oil and just recent while I was on DIM.

A common denominator they all share is they are all DHT inhibitors but there might be something else at play here.

OP
I

Irish7777

Your welcome, and first off, the drug had to finish it's long half life of at least 6 weeks. Then of course the body has to detox and find balance. Number 2, I supplemented with very small amount of DHT. Lots of B vitamins and Folate which feed the Nitric Oxide pathways. Ray has said that Testosterone is a releaser of Nitric oxide, hence good penile blood flow. Ray stated that is the Reason Progesterone Can cause temporary penile shrinkage due to it opposing testosterone, which inhibits the release of Nitric oxide and open blood flow to the penis.(Interview with Patrick Timpone)

I may look into the Vitamin B and Folate route for starters to increase blood flow. This might help.

Thanks again for the advice

Snarf

The issue with extra virgin olive oil has cleared up a long time now.
When I used it, 30ml per day after the fifth day my penis became veiny and well malnutrition-ed looking if you get my point , thinning etc

Now the DIM supplement has caused me likewise but also some loss of length

In the last 12 months this has happened me three times, while on Fin, while on Olive oil and just recent while I was on DIM.

A common denominator they all share is they are all DHT inhibitors but there might be something else at play here.

Ive had similar issues post accutane. I think that it might be high estrogen causing these problems, high estrogen plays havoc with veins, also causes gyno. Ive started taking vitamin e to try and lower it.