Vertigo/Loss Of Balance

Peata

That's interesting Peata, I had GI problems for years before lowering fermentable carbs and increasing sugar. I've read some studies on endotoxin and increased tissue permeability causing inner ear problems. I'm not sure there's any change with activated charcoal or cypro or no starch. Might look into getting some dramamine.

I guess you could use Benadryl instead, since Dramamine is Benadryl + caffeine (well, something similar to caffeine). But for some reason, the formulation of Dramamine seems to make it perfect for this kind of thing (especially dizzy/lightheaded, "malaise", flu-like symptoms, and if there's nausea...) it seems to target the symptoms I'm having and works in an hour or less. And there's no feeling that I'm "on" anything (at least not after I got used to it, it didn't make me drowsy anymore). I quietly sing the praises of Dramamine around here because it's such a super cheap (generic under $5 for 100 tablets!), effective, easy to find remedy. I have read somewhere that it helps with endotoxin. It's not gonna be a cure for everything (like diarrhea for example) but it's definitely part of my medicine cabinet.

kaybb

I guess you could use Benadryl instead, since Dramamine is Benadryl + caffeine (well, something similar to caffeine). But for some reason, the formulation of Dramamine seems to make it perfect for this kind of thing (especially dizzy/lightheaded, "malaise", flu-like symptoms, and if there's nausea...) it seems to target the symptoms I'm having and works in an hour or less. And there's no feeling that I'm "on" anything (at least not after I got used to it, it didn't make me drowsy anymore). I quietly sing the praises of Dramamine around here because it's such a super cheap (generic under $5 for 100 tablets!), effective, easy to find remedy. I have read somewhere that it helps with endotoxin. It's not gonna be a cure for everything (like diarrhea for example) but it's definitely part of my medicine cabinet.
Dramamine didn't do anything for me years ago, however I wasn't RP ing

kaybb

What I use for bringing serotonin down is Lysine. For adrenaline and cortisol, I use theanine. Naturally, watching blood sugar is paramount - cannot let it drop or irritability and other unpleasant emotionality result. With theanine and lysine on top of Peat eating, I find myself more patient, loving, happy and giggling like I used to be. More optimistic. And vertigo is held in check. I can sometimes feel it start but I am able to stay calm, breathe slowly and through my nose and it doesn't overcome me.
I take Theanine and taurine. Thanks for info on Lysine

Erowin

There's a fine line between dizziness and vertigo

I find them to be completely different. I get dizzy when I am anemic - feel light headed when I stand too quickly and feel like everything is going dark. Vertigo on the other hand is much more like spinning or the feeling of being on a boat.

chispas

Try ondansetron for the head spinning. Or bromocriptine. Haidut's lisuride could potentially help as well. It worked very well for my girlfriend's migraine vertigo. I put five drops on each foot. The migraine length dropped to 2.5 hrs from 4.5! And significantly less pain.

Sefton10

That's interesting Peata, I had GI problems for years before lowering fermentable carbs and increasing sugar. I've read some studies on endotoxin and increased tissue permeability causing inner ear problems. I'm not sure there's any change with activated charcoal or cypro or no starch. Might look into getting some dramamine.

RePeatRePeat lysine is a main element in a protocol for meniere's, seems to take a while to be effective, the general belief is that it's lowering viral activity.
I am taking lysine but haven't noticed improvement over what I had with lauricidin.
http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.PDF
Did you ever sort out the vertigo, @Sucrates? Currently working on a Meniere's diagnosis too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals