Tinnitus Is Driving My Crazy

Miguel Prado

I am also leaning more towards TMJ "tempomandibular joint dysfunction". This is the smallest joint in the whole body which connects the hinge of your jaw to your skull. It is located right next to the ear. The wording TMJ is in my opinion just a diagnosis term used to identify a jaw dysfunction it does not indicate the cause or the problem. Although many might disagree with me here I would say in almost in 99.9% of cases these conditions relate to some degree of dislocation of the condyle which in most cases under hospital care are left untreated and this later causes serve erosion in the jaw bones and like a dislocation in knee you have bone rubbing against bone which is the popping, grating, buzzing and clicking noise in the ear or serve migraine pulses in the temporal this could be from trapped nerves and cranial fluid. Its more common to be in the one ear rather than both without a blow straight to the joint or force to the face its more likely to be trauma to the face or teeth from tooth extractions and traditional braces .This vertical dislocation is a better sign however that it does not need surgery and with the correct teeth and jaw repositioning treatment you can slip the disk back in the best place. You have again different types of vertical dislocation the condoyle can slip to far forward or backwards. In the hospital room under a maxillofacial surgeon they will most likely sublax the tmj and move it to far back into joint using very extrusive procedures like flushing the joint, cutting the joint, pre-maturely replacing the joint resulting in giving you serve mouth restriction on opening and closing placing stress on the already damaged and unhinged joint which will not fix the problem and cost you a lot of time, health and money. The goal should be to reposition or expand the jaw to the correct place so that the forward condoyle can be slipped back into the neutral position.
Think I’ll just stick with the tinnitus!

I’ve had it for two years now and tbh it’s not even that annoying anymore

redsun

Yeah I usually break fast with 3 eggs at noon… Will stop this immediately

I’m not convinced it has anything to with supplementation as my tinnitus long predates any of the aforementioned sups but I will give all of your suggestions a try besides the reduced meat as this is simply a non negotiable for me

I previously said I don’t have any medical conditions but I do in fact have a very rare chronic eye disease called keratoconus but not sure it’s related here

I had no idea metformin was toxic to metabolism > didn’t find this in any of my research on the ‘miracle drug’ but will definitely review this also

Re calcium - I drink raw milk regularly which, again, I forgot to mention in my prior post
No no don't reduce meat. Sorry if I gave that impression. Meat does have choline but not in the ratio of eggs have. Eggs just have too much compared to protein content. Amino acids helps antagonize acetylcholine even if some choline is in meat overall meat is not strongly Ach promoting like eggs.

Yes K2 may not have caused the tinnitus but I am confident it may make it harder to recover from. But just to avoid confusion most of my recommendations of food and supplements (like Zn) was to reduce excess mucus and secretions to you deal with.

I dont know how much milk you get, but minimum 1g of calcium from dairy can help. For me when I wasnt consuming dairy for awhile, getting more reduced tinnitus. I have none normally to very little if I am super stressed due to lack of sleep and other things.

BearWithMe

YES!!!!!!!! I constantly have an itchy throat too

This is me, do you know of a solution by any chance?
Well that sounds pretty much exactly like silent reflux.

Solution to silent reflux is fixing your digestion.

Increasing stomach acid would be the first thing I'd try.

PeskyPeater

Does anyone have ideas on the actual cause of tinnitus? I’ve dealt with this for quite while and has not found any success treating it. It seems worse at night but is pretty constant throughout the whole day. Aspirin made it really bad for a day or two so I don’t use that. I know salicylate seems from good have a role in this for me. Any other thoughts? High serotonin? Perhaps try cleansing gut?

RP:
These results suggest that the neurodegeneration induced by BA is mediated by a depletion of the glycine pool and the subsequent excitotoxicity
-Tryptophan, serotonin, and aging

excitotoxicity
Glutamate receptor antagonists for tinnitus

NMDA antagonist are :

zinc
magnesium
and [partially] chamomile tea Apigenin modulates GABAergic and glutamatergic transmission in cultured cortical neurons - PubMed
and what else people? please add..

...and anti-serotonin :
The varied antiinflammatory and protective effects of glycine can be thought of as an antiserotonin action. For example, serotonin increases the formation of TNF (tumor necrosis factor, also called cachectin), glycine inhibits it. In some situations, glycine is known to suppress the formation of serotonin. Antagonists of serotonin can potentiate glycine's effects (Chesnoy-Marchais, et al., 2000). People who ate traditional diets, besides getting a lower concentration of tryptophan, were getting a large amount of glycine in their gelatin-rich diet.

.edit.
and anti-estrogens together with inhibition of free fatty acids, like with B3 and vitamin E.
“Estrogen increases the activity of the excitatory transmitter glutamate (Weiland, 1992), and glutamate increases the release of free fatty acids (Kolko, et al., 1996). DHA (more strongly even the arachidonic acid) inhibits the uptake of the excitotoxic amino acid aspartate, and in some situations glutamate, prolonging their actions.” -Ray Peat, PhD
Estrogen, Glutamate, & Free Fatty Acids – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Last edited:

BearWithMe

Or try botox! And yes, I'm being serious. This is what I'm going to do Botox for Buxism and Tinnitus — hackLAB

then again I'm a woman, so i have different jaw line goals, so do your research first
EMF polution is the underlying cause of tinnitus in like 90% of cases.

Destroying your facial muscle and your ability to properly communicate emotions because some mother***rs are poisoning us with electromagnetic polution is like cutting your leg off because someone is poking needles into it.

Would you cut your leg off if someone poke a needle into it? No, you would kick that mother***rs' a** so he/she would stop poking needles into you... And maybe do something to prevent him/her from poking needles into you in the future

P

Peatness

Blood thinners can cause tinnitus including supplements that have blood thinning effects

Radiation will cause it too

FoodForeal

As sad as it seems, everything isn't related to nutrition or any drug deficit. I believe that majority of chronic tinnitus is more mecanic-caused than chemical. The association between tinnitus, the neck and TMJ - MSK Neurology Vestibular impairment and its association to the neck and TMJ - MSK Neurology
These 2 articles have insights and possibly everything you need to know
I have noticed that going to the chiropractor definitely decreases my tinnitus, sometimes significantly.

Last edited:
I'm curious if anyone here can report on their current state with regards to tinnitus? Has it improved? Gotten worse? And why (known or speculative)?

Sefton10

I'm curious if anyone here can report on their current state with regards to tinnitus? Has it improved? Gotten worse? And why (known or speculative)?
For me it is usually always gut related. The better my gut is the more reduced the tinnitus and vice versa.

BearWithMe

Mine improves if I stop taking aspirin. I love aspirin so I think of tinnitus as pleasant ambient noise. Magnesium supplements help dull it
Aspirin is ototoxic. The damage is often reversible but not always. I would not use salicylate long term.

LA

Aspirin is ototoxic. The damage is often reversible but not always. I would not use salicylate long term.

Yes. I have to substitute it with something so I am using Vit E 400 IU instead and the E gives some of the same effects I need. I will see what if I have to return to aspirin or keep going with vit E 400

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals