Tin - Tin Deficiency

Ramán

First and foremost, let me say that I truly enjoy this forum and I want to add something to it.

I joined this forum because I have been having issues with my hair. Right now my hair is the worst it has ever been. I have tried the DHT blockers, Alkaline Diets, Hair Like A Fox, Digestive Enzymes, Prolactin Inhibition, Serotonin Inhibition, Vitamin D, A, K, E, Zinc. Etc, Etc.

Now, one glance you would say that I have a head full of hair, however I have about half the volume I used to have 3-4 years ago. Also, I used to get hair cuts weekly, but now I can go about 1 month before I need a trim.

Now, I have had all my hormones checked and all is well for the most part. I have optimal levels of Test, Est, Prolactin, Vitamin D, Ferratin and so on.

I believe I may have some kidney issues because I'm retaining some blood creatinine which I am addressing.

Now, on to Tin.

So I've read some mixed reviews on the element Tin. There aren't many published studies that talk about this element. However, I have found a few interesting articles and statements supporting Tin and some denying it.

Now, what keeps me interested in Tin is the simple fact that usually when information is not readily available on a subject, usually the information is being suppressed.

I can't even find a Tin supplement for sale. Feel free to provide your input.

Here is a website supporting Tin in general - Tin Nutrition: Health effects on Adrenals, Depression and Fatigue

Here is a PDF that you can scroll to the TIN section and read some of the statements made on the element - http://www.youngagain.org/books/minerals.pdf

"At the University of Aberdeen, rare human research was done where serum tin levels were measured relative to heart and artery health. It was found that low tin levels correlated with high LDL and n-6 fatty acid levels, both of which are predictors of CHD, in general. At the University of Medical Science (China), researchers did more human research, this time on peptic ulcers and gastritis, and found low tin levels in the patients generally."

Here is a pulled statement from a forum - http://www.hairlosshelp.com/FORUMS/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=48747

Male Pattern Baldness Comes from a Tin Deficiency

(14) The critic says that Dr. Wallach’s remarks concerning tin as a cause of baldness "is entirely incorrect." Yet, work with animals was published in Kyoto, Japan in 1990 that indicates tin (Sn) deficiency stimulates the development of male pattern baldness. Rats fed tin at 17.0 ng/gm show poor growth, reduced feeding efficiency, hearing loss, and bilateral (male pattern) hair loss, while rats fed 1.99 ng/gm were physiologically and anatomically normal. Tin, in fact, is a prevention factor for cancer. Also, a November 1991 US federal study shows that the lack of tin in the diet leads to impaired hearing for older men at any given age than in men of earlier generations.

Here is a statement from another website promoting TIN - male pattern baldness tin hair loss! ionic minerals dietary supplement tin nutritional supplement mineral water

"Finally a dietary supplement tin! Tin nutritional supplement is often used as a natural treatment for male pattern baldness, hair loss and hearing loss. Tin is found in tissues and has many chemical and physical properties similar to that of carbon, silica, germanium and lead. Tin is found primarily in the lungs and intestines. For a long time the human biological applications were not known.

In 1970, a man by the name of Schwarz was able to demonstrate, "that tin produced an acceleration of growth in rats and further met the standards for an essential trace element," as quoted from Rare Earths by Dr. Joel Wallach. While conducting the research for this informational sheet there was very little documentation of studies or any other biochemical notations about tin to be found.

It is known, however, that tin has been implicated in hair loss and hearing loss. A recent study conducted by Yokoi et al indicates that when there exists a tin deficiency in rats, they exhibit poor growth, decreased food efficiency, a depressed response to sound, and changes in mineral concentrations in various organs. These results do need further study to confirm these conclusive statements. Tin may one day become the leading natural therapy for male pattern baldness and more.

Below is a list of those conditions & disease believed to result from a tin deficiency:

Hearing loss Hair loss Male pattern baldness"

michael94

Lots of minerals which are not commonly discussed are needed and used by our body/gut bacteria, like gold yttrium iridium rhodium platinum etc. I don't think the issue is so much that we don't ingest enough of these things but that we are so congested in garbage we can't make use of anything. So we have too much but at the same time not enough. Imagine a car...you can't make up for a filthy soot-saturated engine by changing the oil everyday, pumping the most expensive fuel, or replacing the upholstery.

Dante

Lots of minerals which are not commonly discussed are needed and used by our body/gut bacteria, like gold yttrium iridium rhodium platinum etc. I don't think the issue is so much that we don't ingest enough of these things but that we are so congested in garbage we can't make use of anything. So we have too much but at the same time not enough. Imagine a car...you can't make up for a filthy soot-saturated engine by changing the oil everyday, pumping the most expensive fuel, or replacing the upholstery.
You sound like you have read this book - https://www.amazon.com/dp/0911311858

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

Ramán

Makes a lot of sense. You propose some sort of detox? There are so many types available.

cyclops

How would we normally be getting something like gold or platinum in our diets?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals