Acne, Fruits And Phytoestrogens

EIRE24

This is from book of Lara Briden - Period Repair Manual.
It is another idea...
Pills are bad anyway :shifty:
Thanks that explains it then. I knew there had to be a logical explanation. Yea I know they are bad I never said they were good just asked why they cleared acne

Ulla

Thanks that explains it then. I knew there had to be a logical explanation. Yea I know they are bad I never said they were good just asked why they cleared acne
Oh don't worry, I was telling that to myself :D
I was taking pills and I believe that was such a bad idea. I didn't take your reply personal or anything like that ;)

Rock_V

According to Ayurvedic medicine, dates apparently have an oxytocin-like effect on the body. Some studies on women eating dates prior to labour may support this theory:

The Effect of Late Pregnancy Consumption of Date Fruit on Cervical Ripening in Nulliparous Women

The effect of late pregnancy consumption of date fruit on labour and delivery. - PubMed - NCBI

The women who consumed date fruit had significantly higher mean cervical dilatation upon admission compared with the non-date fruit consumers (3.52 cm vs 2.02 cm, p < 0.0005), and a significantly higher proportion of intact membranes (83% vs 60%, p = 0.007).

Does that mean they're estrogenic or have pro-progesterone effects? Or is it just the sucrose/fructose and minerals in dates which is helping? Confused on this one o_O Any ideas @haidut

EIRE24

According to Ayurvedic medicine, dates apparently have an oxytocin-like effect on the body. Some studies on women eating dates prior to labour may support this theory:

The Effect of Late Pregnancy Consumption of Date Fruit on Cervical Ripening in Nulliparous Women

The effect of late pregnancy consumption of date fruit on labour and delivery. - PubMed - NCBI

The women who consumed date fruit had significantly higher mean cervical dilatation upon admission compared with the non-date fruit consumers (3.52 cm vs 2.02 cm, p < 0.0005), and a significantly higher proportion of intact membranes (83% vs 60%, p = 0.007).

Does that mean they're estrogenic or have pro-progesterone effects? Or is it just the sucrose/fructose and minerals in dates which is helping? Confused on this one o_O Any ideas @haidut
I was eating lots of dates when I began to get my acne, I then had spells of vomiting among other things. Dates were a main source of my calories at that time.

Orion

I was eating lots of dates when I began to get my acne, I then had spells of vomiting among other things. Dates were a main source of my calories at that time.

There was a recent thread or post that showed that dates are very high in phytoestrogens, at the top of this list, might be a link there.

EDIT: Are Dates Safe? Dan's post in this thread

haidut

Forum Supporter

Peat said a few times that dates are OK to eat as they are very good source of sugar and minerals. But if they provide oxytocin or raise it then I'd be wary of them. It is a pituitary hormone after all and it has a very direct correlation with serotonin and prolactin. Since it induces labor, you can think of it as anti-progesterone in a sense. It will probably depend on how much dates you eat though. A few of them should not be an issue.

Regina

Peat said a few times that dates are OK to eat as they are very good source of sugar and minerals. But if they provide oxytocin or raise it then I'd be wary of them. It is a pituitary hormone after all and it has a very direct correlation with serotonin and prolactin. Since it induces labor, you can think of it as anti-progesterone in a sense. It will probably depend on how much dates you eat though. A few of them should not be an issue.
so interesting about oxytocin. :think:

Back
Top Bottom