Different Ethnicities And Male Pattern Baldness?

dq139

It puzzles me that a lot of the Latino (Cuban, Puerto Rican, Colombian, Mexican ect.) and European Latin (Italian, Spaniard, Portuguese ect.) men I see have full heads of hair (no balding) and a lot of body hair...Latinos have less body hair than euro Latins tho...and Germanic people and Eastern Europeans loose their hair very young in comparison to almost everyother ethnicity in the world...It seems that true "White people" (like English Irish Polish Russian German Dutch French Scandinavian ect.) get a lot of male pattern baldness...could it be the Wheat gluten and alcohol consumption that causes a genetic predisposition to high estrogen cortisol and prolactin??

Its funny because sub Saharan Africans supposedly have the highest testosterone/DHT out of anybody hence the stereotype of athletic and sexual prowess..but they still don't loose hair anywhere near as white people do. which proves to me at least that dht is not to blame on MPB but estrogen & general energy loss & aging.

I personally have never seen a native American or a ameridian decent Mexican with male pattern baldness no matter how unhealthy they seemed to be...it doesn't make any sense to me.

GAF

It's gotta be the scalp makeup of this white noggin. What is the difference in my scalp 1mm distance from the hairy portion?

encerent

There are very few balding men in Japan too, and they must be one of the top pufa consumers in the world

I'm in Italy and riding the subway I see maybe 1 in 10 who don't have signs of balding or receding.

T

tca300

Vitamin D and or sunlight might play at least a partial role.

OP
D

dq139

Italians Greeks middle easterners ect. Get plenty of vitamin d and still loose hair apparently...but I'm thinking it has to do with high gluten wheat & alcohol consumption. I would think that Latin people from south America or Mediterranean have a more anti estrogen diet & lifestyle (high sun exposire, more sex possibly, more excersize). Who knows

OP
D

dq139

I'm in Italy and riding the subway I see maybe 1 in 10 who don't have signs of balding or receding.

Are they old or young men under 40?...cause I've been to the south of Italy (Sicily) almost non of the men under 40 were balding...compared to American men I saw a big difference.

Are they old or young men under 40?...cause I've been to the south of Italy (Sicily) almost non of the men under 40 were balding...compared to American men I saw a big difference.

from teenager to oldest person who rides the subway :ss

Where are u in Italy?...because where I was at in Sicily the genes are different than the mainland
Milan

It's in the north but probably anywhere there's a subway line you will find this, compared to small villages.

Last edited:

Sunny Jack

It does seem that lighter-haired people go bald sooner, though of course male pattern balding affects every race.

I know that genetic determinism is taboo here, but the genetic influence seems hard to deny when you look at Prince William and now Prince Harry balding quite suddenly and significantly in their thirties, just like their father Prince Charles and grandfather Prince Philip.

Lucas

Yes, look at north native americans, the plains tribes (sioux, cheyenne). No body hair, and no baldness, long and amazing hair. Someone need to make a test on then, see what are they prolactin, body temperature, dht level, testosterone, etc.

dfspcc20

Yes, look at north native americans, the plains tribes (sioux, cheyenne). No body hair, and no baldness, long and amazing hair. Someone need to make a test on then, see what are they prolactin, body temperature, dht level, testosterone, etc.

I was thinking the same thing recently.

No receding hairlines here: http://i.imgur.com/bToNIKt.jpg

Nor on Sitting Bull: Sitting Bull - Wikipedia

Sidenote: you don't see faces like that anymore, even on the reservations.

Australian Aborigines might be the same way. Weston A Price noted that he saw very little baldness in them, even in the very old.

aborigines.jpg

OP
D

dq139

I'm thinking that native Americans genetically have high free testosterone & dht with low androgen receptor density and lower estrogen....they do smoke that peace pipe a alot tho and we know that weed raises prolactin somewhat...they tended to eat alot of red meat and get a crap load of vitamin d obviously.

Drareg

It puzzles me that a lot of the Latino (Cuban, Puerto Rican, Colombian, Mexican ect.) and European Latin (Italian, Spaniard, Portuguese ect.) men I see have full heads of hair (no balding) and a lot of body hair...Latinos have less body hair than euro Latins tho...and Germanic people and Eastern Europeans loose their hair very young in comparison to almost everyother ethnicity in the world...It seems that true "White people" (like English Irish Polish Russian German Dutch French Scandinavian ect.) get a lot of male pattern baldness...could it be the Wheat gluten and alcohol consumption that causes a genetic predisposition to high estrogen cortisol and prolactin??

Its funny because sub Saharan Africans supposedly have the highest testosterone/DHT out of anybody hence the stereotype of athletic and sexual prowess..but they still don't loose hair anywhere near as white people do. which proves to me at least that dht is not to blame on MPB but estrogen & general energy loss & aging.

I personally have never seen a native American or a ameridian decent Mexican with male pattern baldness no matter how unhealthy they seemed to be...it doesn't make any sense to me.

Don't think the "genetic"predisposition is a player here in the way you think (as in unchangeable)but you are onto something with the foods you mention,epigentically those diets/environments become the kids so the baldness potential builds.
What always difficult to explain is the people with good heads of hair in the countries you mention.

The cultures you mention that don't get much baldness could be down to the lifestyle,most western cultures spend their lives working to retire in the Sun,the other cultures retire from the day they are born and just live in the Sun,we have convinced ourselves via the British imperialist paradigm of old that we are so advanced compared to those in sub saharan Africa,hilariously were not,people wear layered masks to acquire sex,food and comfort/creative outlet ,the underlying drives are identical,all cultures flawed.

Does anybody think that curly hair,fine curls is a sign of extremely coherent metabolism,the most evolved hair of all? I've always wondered because of the spiral aspect of reality, Fibonacci hair,pubic hair tends to curl,pubic hair is also in an area where a lot of DHT is produced,your balls,yet your balls are not bald ,Im guessing the type curls are relative to underlying biology.

lvysaur

Sidenote: you don't see faces like that anymore, even on the reservations.

Pureblooded Native Americans probably don't exist anymore. If they do, they're a minority within an already small minority of about 1% of the population.

I'm thinking that native Americans genetically have high free testosterone & dht with low androgen receptor density and lower estrogen....they do smoke that peace pipe a alot tho and we know that weed raises prolactin somewhat...they tended to eat alot of red meat and get a crap load of vitamin d obviously.

I'm inclined to think something like that. They parallel the Asian trend of fat distribution and body hair, but to an even greater extreme; zero facial hair, zero baldness, very flat buttocks, and large waist-hip ratio. Definitely low estrogen.

They were almost certainly very low desaturaters, meaning less likely to create AA out of plant PUFA. Even native south/central Americans desaturate less than Europeans, despite living right by the equator.

Kyle M

I know that genetic determinism is taboo here, but the genetic influence seems hard to deny when you look at Prince William and now Prince Harry balding quite suddenly and significantly in their thirties, just like their father Prince Charles and grandfather Prince Philip.

Their reptilian metabolisms can't maintain the transplanted mammalian hair in the human suits.

Back
Top Bottom