Different Ethnicities And Male Pattern Baldness?

pepsi

My husband is Polynesian, 45, he is not balding and has no gray hair yet either, whereas I have tons of gray hair already, starting from my 20's.
I just can't understand it. He grew up in Tonga, so ate the Polynesian diet in youth, came here mid 20's and eats pufa filled foods since then.
Maybe it has something to do with how one eats during youth.
He is also never mentally stressed, but has had plenty of physical stress, rugby and construction work/hard labor.
He also has no body hair. I have more body hair than him, haha.

I'm thinking it may have to do with how one is raised during their youth and mental stress.

OP
D

dq139

My husband is Polynesian, 45, he is not balding and has no gray hair yet either, whereas I have tons of gray hair already, starting from my 20's.
I just can't understand it. He grew up in Tonga, so ate the Polynesian diet in youth, came here mid 20's and eats pufa filled foods since then.
He is also never mentally stressed, but has had plenty of physical stress, rugby and construction work/hard labor.

I'm thinking it may have to do with how one is raised during their youth and mental stress.

I think its just genetic...Europeans have alot more estrogen genetically than say a Tongan or Samoan...more sensitive androgen receptors also I would guess...when your genetics favor more toward estrogen prolactin dht act. From generations of wheat alcohol & cow dairy consumption along with low vitamin D its hard to flip the switch to keep your hair.

Usually people from the tropics got high mineral fruits seafood saturated fat and vitamin d for generations so their genetics adapted accordingly.

lampofred

High dopamine levels = stress immunity because dopamine inhibits negative emotional arousal.

Bodily degeneration/aging = lowering dopamine levels, which is why everyone by definition will get Parkinson's as we age.

Low dopamine = degeneration = trifecta of bald/fat/hairy aka middle age.

Hard physical work is the best way to raise testosterone according to Peat and high androgens raise dopamine, so that might be an explanation.

OP
D

dq139

High dopamine levels = stress immunity because dopamine inhibits negative emotional arousal.

Bodily degeneration/aging = lowering dopamine levels, which is why everyone by definition will get Parkinson's as we age.

Low dopamine = degeneration = trifecta of bald/fat/hairy aka middle age.

Hard physical work is the best way to raise testosterone according to Peat and high androgens raise dopamine, so that might be an explanation.

How about sunlight, caffeine, chocolate, saturated fat?...I also hear peat saying chronic weight lifting is detrimental to dopamine and stresses u out

lampofred

How about sunlight, caffeine, chocolate, saturated fat?...I also hear peat saying chronic weight lifting is detrimental to dopamine and stresses u out

Basically everything Peat says increases dopamine in the long-run. And his three fundamentals for good health are good food (as close to zero PUFA as possible), high altitude (high CO2, low O2), and ample early morning sunlight exposure. All of those things will increase baseline dopamine levels over time which essentially is what good health is. High natural dopamine. Weightlifting isn't the only way, it's just another tool like nofap, meditation, abstinence from dopamine binges like video games. If it gets too stressful you dont have to do it. But you're right the fundamentals are ample sunlight, high body CO2 levels and low body PUFA levels.

restinpeace

free test never cause hairloss its bad t-e ratio that causes loss of scalp hair, good thyroid metabolism high free t dht people have super thick hair.

lvysaur

I think its just genetic...Europeans have alot more estrogen genetically than say a Tongan or Samoan

Yes, but Africans have the most estrogen, and they're quite devoid of baldness as well. I do agree that it's pretty much genetic, but it has nothing to do with the raw hormone levels.

I'm assuming you're white?

Has anyone noticed that there's a definite baldness personality type? There's a latent social anxiety in most men I've met with balding. An inwardness and difficulty being calm, happy, and honest around other people.

Robert Sapolski has written extensively about how different social interactions can effect our hormones, cortisol in particular. I will say that in most cultures where baldness is rare, there's a tighter sense of community and family amongst "tribe members", whereas in Westernised countries, I've always felt that we all consider ourselves a little isolated.

lampofred

Has anyone noticed that there's a definite baldness personality type? There's a latent social anxiety in most men I've met with balding. An inwardness and difficulty being calm, happy, and honest around other people.

Robert Sapolski has written extensively about how different social interactions can effect our hormones, cortisol in particular. I will say that in most cultures where baldness is rare, there's a tighter sense of community and family amongst "tribe members", whereas in Westernised countries, I've always felt that we all consider ourselves a little isolated.

Is the type of person who is socially anxious is more prone to balding or are those people socially anxious because they are balding? I think it's a positive feedback loop.

OP
D

dq139

Yes, but Africans have the most estrogen, and they're quite devoid of baldness as well. I do agree that it's pretty much genetic, but it has nothing to do with the raw hormone levels.

I'm assuming you're white?

I think Africans have higher estrogen because they have higher overall testosterone, so aromatase must be higher im guessing.

BrianF

I too have noticed that in many countries, MPB and even premature greying are virtually unseen. Then I remember that I live in London, home to 1st and 2nd generation immigrants from all these places, people from every corner of the globe - and the 2nd generation populous go bald early, go grey early and all have anecdotal stories about their mother or father's brother or sister in rural Africa, Pakistan or Vietnam who is twice their age, has a full head of black hair with no grey.

Its mostly diet and lifestyle.

Lucas

The ethnicities that have no body hair, have no balding (Plains Tribes of the North America, SIOUX, CHEYENNE, ETC). I never seen a bald men on the Pine Ridge Reservation on South Dakota)

OP
D

dq139

The ethnicities that have no body hair, have no balding (Plains Tribes of the North America, SIOUX, CHEYENNE, ETC). I never seen a bald men on the Pine Ridge Reservation on South Dakota)

Not even receding I bet either. Low estrogen genetically and low stress

Lucas

Interesting is that many natives on the reservation suffer from alcoholism, there are many cases of suicide, and the live is very poor, so I don’t think on low stress here.

They have a different face shape; you don’t see the dome face shape like balding Caucasians.

Must be something genetic that protect the Natives from going bald like Caucasians.

Strange is why some scientist don’t do a blood test on samples of Natives Americans vs controls yet.

OP
D

dq139

Interesting is that many natives on the reservation suffer from alcoholism, there are many cases of suicide, and the live is very poor, so I don’t think on low stress here.

They have a different face shape; you don’t see the dome face shape like balding Caucasians.

Must be something genetic that protect the Natives from going bald like Caucasians.

Strange is why some scientist don’t do a blood test on samples of Natives Americans vs controls yet.

Im saying they're ancestors probably weren't very stressed. Unless they were at war with other tribes.

The dome skull skull shape u see in European & middle eastern Caucasians could be caused by excess igf1 and calcium?...I don't know but the top of my skull is very ugly (bumpy with sharp ridges, and angular) if I ever go bald its good night for me im never getting any sex cause il look like a emaciated alien lol....seems like that genetic skull shape looses hair the fastest

Sobieski

This is definitely true. Most the people who experience mpb early seem to be anxious or have other negative outlooks. I think this tends to precede baldness than the other way round.

BrianF

Im saying they're ancestors probably weren't very stressed. Unless they were at war with other tribes.

The dome skull skull shape u see in European & middle eastern Caucasians could be caused by excess igf1 and calcium?...I don't know but the top of my skull is very ugly (bumpy with sharp ridges, and angular) if I ever go bald its good night for me im never getting any sex cause il look like a emaciated alien lol....seems like that genetic skull shape looses hair the fastest

I may have some good news for you. The guys who go bald didn't have that dome shape to begin with. The dome shape is actually fibrosis and calcification - which causes the baldness - its not a coincidence. Since your skull isn't showing signs becoming dome shaped, then you aren't going to go bald anytime soon.

BrianF

This is definitely true. Most the people who experience mpb early seem to be anxious or have other negative outlooks. I think this tends to precede baldness than the other way round.
This anxiety is probably due to higher estrogen.

OP
D

dq139

I may have some good news for you. The guys who go bald didn't have that dome shape to begin with. The dome shape is actually fibrosis and calcification - which causes the baldness - its not a coincidence. Since your skull isn't showing signs becoming dome shaped, then you aren't going to go bald anytime soon.

It is dome shaped unfortunately..its been that what for years..but still have 95 percent of my hair with slight receeding...I take a crap load of magnesium but I'm still very stressed so I don't know how long it will last

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom