Tastiest and Toxin-less Tomato Sauce Recipe for Everyone to Enjoy!

Rock_V

Just thought I'd share this recipe for tomato sauce which gets rid of all the potential irritants and keeps the delicious tomato nectar which I believe is very nutritious and goes very well with rice and helps it digest. All you basically do is: Add big organic tomatoes to a pan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes. When you see the skin start splitting, drain them and add them to a bowl big enough to hold all your tomatoes. Pour cold water on them so they're not too hot to handle. After a minute - pour that water off too. Now peel off all the skins (should be super easy) till you have all your bald tomatoes in the bowl. Squeeze all the juice out with your hands till it's basically like mulch and all the seeds have come out. Pass it all through a sieve or a strainer of some sort so you have a super smooth sauce free of all skin, seeds and pulp. I cook it with olive oil and salt and add it to rice dishes with parmesan on the top and it tastes incredible and only takes about 10 minutes tops and is much better than anything you can find in a tin. Just thought I'd put it out there as it's too good not to share.

stressless

Just thought I'd share this recipe for tomato sauce which gets rid of all the potential irritants and keeps the delicious tomato nectar which I believe is very nutritious and goes very well with rice and helps it digest. All you basically do is: Add big organic tomatoes to a pan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes. When you see the skin start splitting, drain them and add them to a bowl big enough to hold all your tomatoes. Pour cold water on them so they're not too hot to handle. After a minute - pour that water off too. Now peel off all the skins (should be super easy) till you have all your bald tomatoes in the bowl. Squeeze all the juice out with your hands till it's basically like mulch and all the seeds have come out. Pass it all through a sieve or a strainer of some sort so you have a super smooth sauce free of all skin, seeds and pulp. I cook it with olive oil and salt and add it to rice dishes with parmesan on the top and it tastes incredible and only takes about 10 minutes tops and is much better than anything you can find in a tin. Just thought I'd put it out there as it's too good not to share.

Sounds delish - thank you for sharing! Once I get my post Covid taste back, I'll have to try this out.

OP
R

Rock_V

@Marie_1989 Actually, I've made this recipe even simpler: Place fresh tomatoes into a bowl and pour enough boiling water to cover them. Leave them 10 minutes, then squeeze and strain through a sieve.

If you can't find decent fresh tomatoes, use tinned (Organic and BPA-Free of course).

Cook a tin of tomatoes in a pan for 15-20 minutes, then sieve the sauce to take all the bits out.