Thread of better quality food options (UK)

@pedigree

I use this realise it is for horses but I find this pretty amazing absolutely no smell, dissolves quickly and completely even in cold juice with absolutely no taste.
Very good value for money.
I haven't grown Hooves yet ??

Last edited:

Pedigree

I use this realise it is for horses but I find this pretty amazing absolutely no smell, dissolves quickly and completely even in cold juice with absolutely no taste.
Very good value for money.
I haven't grown Hooves yet ??
⬆️ six posts up
Thank you both

Graham's gold Black top and Sainsburys Jersey milk are un homogenised but the dutchy is the only lower fat un homogisened (green top)
I assume you mean the gold top one? I have doubts about the lack of homogenisation with this. It turns far too quickly than what i am used to with unhomogenised milk once open leading me to believe it is in someway homogenised. The fat clumps(if you could even call em thathat)at accumulate on the lid look really thin too compared to Duchy and Yeo Valley's equivalent product.

The lactoferrin in the globules is what prevents the milk from turning so quickly which is another reason i believe Grahams Gold to be fibbing a bit with the claims

Other than raw i haven't found anything better that Yeo Valley and Duchy available at a supermarket(Daylesford stuff is water in case anybody asks)

golder

Not brand name but i provided a link to a site that provides a lot of raw cheeses with animal rennet a while back

The only supermarket ones i know of that may sell raw animal rennet cheese is Waitrose. At least they sold a couple last year
Next time you’re there would you mind taking a photo of the Waitrose cheese. There’s a Waitrose quite near my work, but I won’t have long on my lunch break so might not find it. Thanks!

Next time you’re there would you mind taking a photo of the Waitrose cheese. There’s a Waitrose quite near my work, but I won’t have long on my lunch break so might not find it. Thanks!
Unless it's changed, it was this

There were other AOP cheeses with animal rennet but they seem to have disappeared for me at the Merseyside branches at least

What salt do people go for here in the UK? Getting something like Redmond’s is so expensive… and I’ve heard that sea salt contains iron but that seems to be the only kind of salt you can get here.

reality

What salt do people go for here in the UK? Getting something like Redmond’s is so expensive… and I’ve heard that sea salt contains iron but that seems to be the only kind of salt you can get here.

I use geo organics Atlantic sea salt

It’s over 1% magnesium, haven’t seen any salt that high

golder

I use geo organics Atlantic sea salt

It’s over 1% magnesium, haven’t seen any salt that high
Good find. Is it low on metals etc? Wanted to know if you’ve researched it before I buy it to save me the time digging around. Thanks.

A.R

Pineapple, Papaya, Mango. Nice and sweet. I just let defrost and eat. £1.25 in Aldi.

View attachment 22886
Great thread btw!

I used to buy the tinned pineapple slices from Lidl, but I found out after reading on this forum that pineapple contains a lot of serotonin 🤦‍♂️

Really greatful for reading that, because I kept of eating them despite not feeling good under the impression that the bromelain in the pineapple was doing me good digestive wise.

A.R

Atleast this mix is balanced with papaya and mango, should balance it out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals