Ben said:
I don't see anything. :mad:
Maybe try deleting cache and reloading?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
NaKCaMg said:
PS
I was startled the other day when you were testing different site decorations (string of Christmas lights)... it took me a second or two to figure out why I was hearing little explosions coming from my computer (when my curser moved to the top of the page)! :lol:

:lol: Yeh that was a string of lights at the top of the forum, and if you moved your cursor over the bulbs you would smash them. It startled me at first so I opted not to put them up. Maybe I will put them up for New Years. :mrgreen:

Spokey said:
I like the snowy backdrop.

The red glowing eyes in the dark of the tree line are a bit disturbing, but whatever. Festive!

I looked for the eyes but did not see them? :geek:

Ben said:
Not actually angry, lol. Probably has to do with the fact that I'm on mobile, no?

Yes it has to do with you being on a mobile. The background picture will not load so that it saves the mobile bandwidth.

Amazoniac

Google Trend for Ray Peat's popularity

Attachments

• GT RP.jpg
    GT RP.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 796

honeybee

Love the lights!!!muchas gracias for hosting this site Charlie and for keeping it a place for civil discourse :D .

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
honeybee those are Happy New Years lights! :cheers :mrgreen:

Kenneth J. Gergen describes civil discourse as "the language of dispassionate objectivity", and suggests that it requires respect of the other participants, such as the reader. It neither diminishes the other's moral worth, nor questions their good judgment; it avoids hostility, direct antagonism, or excessive persuasion; it requires modesty and an appreciation for the other participant's experiences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_discourse

:yeahthat

Appreciate you using the words civil discourse, 'tis beautiful. :hattip

Peatri Dish

Thanks for all of your hard work Charlie!
LOVE THE LIGHTS!!!
I broke them all fits of laughter!

Dan W

Whoa, I didn't notice you could break them. I half expected them to stay broken when I reloaded the page as punishment for my smashing rampage.

jyb

I like the new text editor. The previous one had too many things for my taste.

kiran

Whoa, this is just like bursting crackers at home. I think I hit them all first time.

Last edited by a moderator:

RePeatRePeat

This is my first post, though I spend a lot of time reading on the forum. Thank you to everyone. BUT the thing that got me to finally write in is the awesome Christmas lights at the top that were soooo much fun to break! Thank you, Charlie!!!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]RePeatRePeat[/ref], :welcome

Who would have known that stringing up lights so that people could break them would bring so much joy? :lol: Glad you are getting a kick out of them! :D

john said:
Why did you join the Ray Peat Forum?
fred said:
So I could smash Christmas lights!
john said:

See you around the forum. :hattip :xmas

milk_lover

Happy holidays to all of you awesome people :grouphug
i was expecting a winning tone after breaking all the light bulbs :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
milk_lover said:
post 114914 i was expecting a winning tone after breaking all the light bulbs :D
:lol: How cool would that be? :lol: :cool:

If you would like to turn off the "smashable lights" or the "snowstorm" you can do so in your "User Control Panel".

Last edited:

Lilac

Thank you, Charlie, for all the work all year long. I get so much out of the forum. Merry Christmas!

Agent207

Along with others i appreciate too the time and effort to keep this forum running and helping people.

Thanks and merry Christmas to all!! :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals