Terbinafine / Lamisil (oral)

churchmouth

Hey all,

I have finally confirmed infection of nails with dermophytes. I also seem to have a semi persistant athletes foot / tinea.

I have tried many things including peat inspired life for a year. I havent managed to raise my body temperature signifantly though.

Now i finally have a prescription for an oral antifungal, quite a potent one - terbinafine/ lamisil.

Has ray ever commented on the toxicity of such antifungals? Can they be considered beneficial in such situations?

Thanks

Pulstar

I would love to know the answer to this as well, as I'm also considering Lamisil.

OP
C

churchmouth

Only had positive effects so far - 2 months in -

• Positive effects on toenails, fingernail massively improved!
  • No tinea on feet
  • Some other skin abnormalities (roughness, rash problem areas) appear to be clearing

Last edited:

Pulstar

Thanks.

Did you have any signs of liver "toxicity" or any other side affects at all? I've seen some people report better mood after a course of antibiotics. Just wondering if potent pharmaceutical antifungals have any affect on mood or energy levels?

OP
C

churchmouth

I am also on low dose minocycline for acne.

I feel quite hormonal in terms of my mood but in a positive, alive sort of way (strong feeling of love and unrequited love). I struggle to attribute it to the drug though.

No liver issues, no reason to test enzymes yet. Acne is different but not really worse or better.

No serious change to energy levels

tankasnowgod

Older thread, but I thought I would add my experience with Lamasil. I used it loooooong ago, before I was really interested in any health concepts. I was in my early 30s, and had nasty toenail fungus. I took it for 3 months, and it dramatically cleared up the fungus..... Nails got 80-90% better, and have remained that way. They are still a bit weird, but I am certainly not ashamed to go barefoot or wear sandals. I didn't get any noticeable liver toxicity issues, and don't think I followed the advice to "abstain from alcohol" very strictly..... maybe didn't follow it at all.

Lewistx

I am also on low dose minocycline for acne.

I feel quite hormonal in terms of my mood but in a positive, alive sort of way (strong feeling of love and unrequited love). I struggle to attribute it to the drug though.

No liver issues, no reason to test enzymes yet. Acne is different but not really worse or better.

No serious change to energy levels
I swear I can't get rid of mine feet are itchy toe nails rot in from fungus creams can't heal me tongue white

Lewistx

Only had positive effects so far - 2 months in -

• Positive effects on toenails, fingernail massively improved!
  • No tinea on feet
  • Some other skin abnormalities (roughness, rash problem areas) appear to be clearing
How long did it take for the athletes foot to start healing im on terbinafine as well only a month still itchy

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals