Teeth deep cleaning - good or bad?

Pompadour

Hello to all!
I need an advice of the wise people here.
My dentist tells, that i have paradontosis, some teeth are already a bit loose :( (and i am 41, female)
She wants me to make a deep cleaning procedure in a hope that the problem resolves.
I can't find much information about it. Is it worth it? Does it really help? Do you have any experience with it?

Thank you for replies :)

Jam

Hello to all!
I need an advice of the wise people here.
My dentist tells, that i have paradontosis, some teeth are already a bit loose :( (and i am 41, female)
She wants me to make a deep cleaning procedure in a hope that the problem resolves.
I can't find much information about it. Is it worth it? Does it really help? Do you have any experience with it?

Thank you for replies :)
Peat doesn't think so. However, I think one deep clean is necessary, especially if you have some loose teeth (which you will probably lose sooner or later, be prepared), and if you then take extra care yourself you can (and should) avoid any others. There is no other way to get rid of the deep-seated tartar buildup which is causing bone loss.

David PS

Over the course of 18 months, I had 3 ultrasonic cleanings of my teeth. The health of my mouth got healthier and healthier after each cleaning. It was painless and it was performed by a dental hygienist in a dental office. Ultrasonic cleaning was recommended as an essential part of a program to restore the health of my mouth.

I never had loose teeth just periodontitis. My gums are much better now.

Some herbal things to consider adding to your brushing, flossing and swishing with salt water:

Last edited:

steel_reserve

I had a full mouth debris because of gingivitis a few months ago.

My chronic neck pain was 90% gone the next day. Several people have since told me my hands feel really warm. Improved erection quality.

I did not have any loose teeth or bone loss. My gums were too inflamed to be measured.

ilovethesea

I’ve never had a deep cleaning but my gum recession went away from Dr. Ellie’s protocol - look up her website or book Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye.

Mac Rilla

I just had one done a few months ago as well as some drilling. I can't say how necessary it is but I'm glad I did it. You just have to do rehab afterwards. Vitamin K and red light will most likely help with that process. Ideally I wouldn't have ongoing nociception in my mouth so fixing it one way or the other is probably good.

I

i_nomad

I’ve never had a deep cleaning but my gum recession went away from Dr. Ellie’s protocol - look up her website or book Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye.
Anyone who has one of those long webpages with a bunch of random, long-winded information trying to convince you before finally telling you their program is only $98 after a big discount……..

…is a grifter.

Metabawlic

Deep cleanings are worth it occasionally but maintenance is more important. You can start with a deep cleaning and then routinely clean your own teeth with dental tools. Daily coconut oil pulling and remaining metabolically healthy will allow you to clean WAY less frequently.

I have a book I wrote on this, and I will give it to anyone who DM's me for free.

Anyone who has one of those long webpages with a bunch of random, long-winded information trying to convince you before finally telling you their program is only $98 after a big discount……..

…is a grifter.
That's actually not the case here, but either way both Dr Ellie and her protocol are incredibly overrated and the results people claim to get from it exaggerated. The regular use of the listerine will pretty much annihilate any chance of remineralisation, or improvement of gum tissue since the antibacterials in Listerine do not discriminate at all about what bacteria they go after

ilovethesea

…is a grifter.
? Maybe she is now but never used to be. You don’t need to buy any program. This pdf gives the whole protocol. I’ve never read the book but she has answered tons of questions on her blog over the years. Easy to search.

Attachments

• Dr Ellie.pdf
    84 KB · Views: 56

ilovethesea

That's actually not the case here, but either way both Dr Ellie and her protocol are incredibly overrated and the results people claim to get from it exaggerated. The regular use of the listerine will pretty much annihilate any chance of remineralisation, or improvement of gum tissue since the antibacterials in Listerine do not discriminate at all about what bacteria they go after
I had a cavity remineralize during the protocol - confirmed by dental visit. The Listerine rinse is only 1 minute, there is another rinse that comes afterward so it is not left in your mouth.
Not trying to sell anyone on this protocol but I used to have pockets and just had a test a few months ago and they all went away.

Ben.

I think if there is alot of calculus it can make sense to have them professionaly removed but it is crucial to have a dentist that realises that mechanicaly going ham near or under the gums is extremely dangerous and maybe even more damaging than not doing it. I would try to make sure that its a empathetic dentist who understand that he needs to go at it like you were a porcelan rdy to break apart any minute. Thats how careful he/she should be.

Once that is done, good habit and protocol should allow one to keep away from the dentist indefinitely.

? Maybe she is now but never used to be. You don’t need to buy any program. This pdf gives the whole protocol. I’ve never read the book but she has answered tons of questions on her blog over the years. Easy to search.

I am following her protocoll altough i tweaked it. Its great altough i guess individuals need to figure out which products work for them. Not everyone wil benefit of chlorine dioxide listerine but, depending on their biome, benefit of oil puling or wheatgrass or w/e alternatives are out there.

She says to actually digest the xylitol. I tried that. Only thing that does is getting loose stool. I rather keep using it as a mouth rinse/alkalizer and to trigger saliva production ... Interestingly basic salt works too for that.

ilovethesea

She says to actually digest the xylitol. I tried that. Only thing that does is getting loose stool. I rather keep using it as a mouth rinse/alkalizer and to trigger saliva production ... Interestingly basic salt works too for that.
Same here, I don’t eat the xylitol ever. I just have the Pur gum and Xyla mints but I usually forget to use them.

im allergic to coconut oil. What other oil to use? Virgin coconut oil burned my skin the sides of part of the mouth.

rayban

I got my plaque removed recently and the hygniest did a good job. Now im on 0.05% clorhexidine + 0,14% zinc +0,14% Cetylpyridinium chloride (CPC)

After 7 days she said to use another one but it has triclosan so im not sure if I should use that one

If you have stuff under the gums I dont see how you'll fix it without mechanical removal.

OP
Pompadour

Pompadour

Thank you dear friends for your ideas and sharing experience!
As i see it, to make this procedur once seems to be not a bad idea. And after that i need to apply dr.Ellie's program or something like that.
I used to do oil pulling - once per day for 10 minutes. Now i do it twice daily for 20 minutes.
And i have found almost everything for dr.Ellie's , except ACT rince. Still looking for alternatives for this one.
Wait and see...

InChristAlone

Deep cleaning is necessary once there's tartar below the gums. The gums will recede, be loose and inflamed until then.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Dr. Ellie Phillips points out that changes in hormones often cause peridontal disease in women. I know I got it when I started menopause. It came on pretty quickly. I went to a periodontist for a year but the best help came from working on my metabolism and following Dr. Ellie's protocol. My teeth aren't perfect but they are in much better shape. The periodontist was pretty rough and I don't think it helped. I think my gum inflammation was related to my hormones and gut.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals