Study Pointing Towards Accuracy Of Ray Peat [Aspririn Could Prevent Cancer]

lindsay

The question is, what amount daily? :) Good find!

the study says low dose 75mg or so to 500mg or so per day, depending upon risk you are trying to address...

lindsay

Cool! Guess I should start taking it again. I have actually taken some baby aspirin the past couple days and it seems to help more with muscle pain than the regular aspirin. Might be the safety coating - but I have to take at least 3 or more to notice anything. Still, that's better than nothing! My only issue is that I bruise easily and it seems to be intensified when I take aspirin & progesterone, and despite taking K2. The reason I stopped taking aspirin in the first place was because I was getting daily nose bleeds awhile back.

Peata

Cool! Guess I should start taking it again. I have actually taken some baby aspirin the past couple days and it seems to help more with muscle pain than the regular aspirin. Might be the safety coating - but I have to take at least 3 or more to notice anything. Still, that's better than nothing! My only issue is that I bruise easily and it seems to be intensified when I take aspirin & progesterone, and despite taking K2. The reason I stopped taking aspirin in the first place was because I was getting daily nose bleeds awhile back.
I wonder if the progesterone is contributing to blood thinning as well or vitamin E in it (if you're taking progest E). Are you using 1 mg. K2 for each 325 mg aspirin?

lindsay

I wonder if the progesterone is contributing to blood thinning as well or vitamin E in it (if you're taking progest E). Are you using 1 mg. K2 for each 325 mg aspirin?

I usually take 5 - 7 mg per day of K2 with high fat cheese (to allow for proper absorption) and usually take zero aspirin on a daily basis. I think my blood is pretty thin already. I now rarely get nose bleeds and I don't bleed super heavily during menstruation or if I get a cut. But my muscles tend to bruise easily if I bump them well enough on something (and I am klutzy). Maybe I need more K2. And I know I need to do better with zinc, copper, iron and certain b-vitamins.

June

I usually take 5 - 7 mg per day of K2 with high fat cheese (to allow for proper absorption) and usually take zero aspirin on a daily basis. I think my blood is pretty thin already. I now rarely get nose bleeds and I don't bleed super heavily during menstruation or if I get a cut. But my muscles tend to bruise easily if I bump them well enough on something (and I am klutzy). Maybe I need more K2. And I know I need to do better with zinc, copper, iron and certain b-vitamins.
Sorry this is an old post but did k2 continue to help with your thin blood? Was it the progesterone or Vitamin E that caused the thinning?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals