Striving To Improve Social/Financial Status Negatively Affects Health

forterpride

Meditate at least an hour every day. Problem solved. Problem is nobody is willing to actually do that consistently. I work as an E.R. nurse with massive shifts in workload and "stress" ...and I just gel along without a care in the world. Meditation helps you observe reality without constantly being in a micro-reactive state. I don't think the solution is to drop out of college and sell organic beet juice from your front porch.

PeatThemAll

Meditate at least an hour every day. Problem solved. Problem is nobody is willing to actually do that consistently. I work as an E.R. nurse with massive shifts in workload and "stress" ...and I just gel along without a care in the world. Meditation helps you observe reality without constantly being in a micro-reactive state. I don't think the solution is to drop out of college and sell organic beet juice from your front porch.

So true. Try to do it at least 45 days in a row to replace old patterns. Then living in the now helps you process challenges in real time and minimize the cortisol drawdowns. Easier said than done. The Monkey Mind is one talkative "partner".

G

Gray Ling

It's so important to not be stressed out at work. Last year I had one goal: 'upward mobility' lol You can laugh about it.

But I blame myself for making friends with a Sociology major. She polluted me with her 'spirit of transformation', the ideas around 'upward mobility' & Oscar Wilde poetry(yuk!).

My consequential stress seemed like the drive of ambition but it was a negative cycle to be in.

bobbybobbob

"As a rule I don't like suffering to no purpose. Suffering should be creative, should give birth to something good and lovely." --CHINUA ACHEBE

q2UdcFK.jpg

Last edited:

Uselis

''Meditate at least an hour every day.''

What's up with hour or more references for meditation? I keep seeing those everywhere I read topic about meditation. Is it some golden threshold that allows you dig deeper? I personally do twice a day 15 min and increasing it slowly each month but I would like to know why ''hour or more'' reference keeps popping so often :)

Thanks

forterpride

''Meditate at least an hour every day.''

What's up with hour or more references for meditation? I keep seeing those everywhere I read topic about meditation. Is it some golden threshold that allows you dig deeper? I personally do twice a day 15 min and increasing it slowly each month but I would like to know why ''hour or more'' reference keeps popping so often :)

Thanks

Well...anything is better than nothing..that's for sure. Personally I find that 1/2 hour is enough to thwart off general stress...but deep insight and reflection rarely comes with less than an hour in my opinion and experience. (source...vipassana meditator for 6 years. Six 10 day retreats...been meditating 1-2 hours a day ever since)

IMO^^^^

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals