Solving Myopia - Impossible With Peat's Ideas ?

uuy8778yyi

there's very little information about bad eyesight on this forum,

especially on reversing it, if that is even possible

nikotrope

I don't know if it's related to peating, but my vision improved when my metabolism improved. Maybe it's due to fixing deficiencies such as vitamin A also.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
nikotrope said:
I don't know if it's related to peating, but my vision improved when my metabolism improved. Maybe it's due to fixing deficiencies such as vitamin A also.
That's a good point nickotrope. I've been out of vitamin A for awhile, ate through my good liver stockpile and I'm noticing some worsening of my vision lately.

Steffi

Where do these ideas for reversing myopia come from? Must be the wish or defrauding money.
I have never seen so much as a hint of a scientific story where this happened. It's also a very simple, straightforward geometrical issue.
From personal experience it was clearly related to growth. As a child I had incredibly good/sharp eyesight, then in my teens I slowly became myopic. My brother, who was a lot more outdoorsy and into sports and never read, like i did all the time, became even more myopic as myself. After age 20 it never changed. Despite me trying everything from acupuncture to meditation. Also glasses clearly had nothing to do since I never used my glasses during my teens when my myopia increased over the years aside from reading from school boards and watching TV. Once I started driving I started also using glasses continually and that is also when my myopia "froze". If anything glasses helped. But really - it is only growth. People become a lot taller and grow faster - which is the best theory for me. I wish I could change it - but there is nothing aside from a "mechanical" fix. Orthokeratology is a very interesting way of correcting eyesight - but needs continuous work as everything else aside from surgery.

XPlus

I think I've heard Ray in one of the interviews saying that he goes to the high altitude region in mexico sometimes because it helps with myopia.

dd99

Valtsu wrote a bit about a potential method:
http://valtsus.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/t ... s.html?m=1

I've been removing glasses for close work (rather than wearing plus lenses - I think the rule is to do close work with 2 points above your prescription, which equates to 0 for me) and only using them for when I have to look more than an arm's length away. It's not possible at my job, as I wear lenses, but I can feel a difference after a weekend of doing it.

BobbyDukes

I've made a lot of improvements since starting Peat, but my eyesight has definitely carried on declining. I get about 10000iu of vitamin A from liver each day. I always crave the stuff, so maybe I need more.

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

dd99 said:

I've been removing glasses for close work (rather than wearing plus lenses - I think the rule is to do close work with 2 points above your prescription, which equates to 0 for me) and only using them for when I have to look more than an arm's length away. It's not possible at my job, as I wear lenses, but I can feel a difference after a weekend of doing it.

so explain what someone with -5 in both eyes would need to to

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

Steffi said:
Where do these ideas for reversing myopia come from?

nowhere

I was simply asking if it was possible to help bad eyesight

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

nikotrope said:

what was your eyesight before

what was it after

dd99

uuy8778yyi said:
dd99 said:

That's kind of a brusque request. A little politeness helps when you're asking someone to provide advice.

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

dd99 said:
uuy8778yyi said:
dd99 said:

That's kind of a brusque request. A little politeness helps when you're asking someone to provide advice.

I know

I have seen the print pushing technique

I'm not sure it works for me personally

should someone who is -5 each eye wear a plus lens

Blossom

Forum Supporter
According to Valtsu's method if I'm understanding it correctly two points above your -5 prescription would translate to a -3 lens.

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

I know

but these techniques work for so few people

I have seen them all

bates
plus lens
reduced lens

so few work

pboy

vision has a lot to do with health and bloodflow and nutrients, but you have to keep in mind its also a muscle. To have good long range vision, you need to work out your eyes just like a muscle. With perfect nutrition, you are perfectly primed to build muscle, but if you don't ever work out or lift heavey things, you wont build muscle...or same thing with endurance. Vision is the same...health is the foundation, all the nutrients, blood flow is key with vision also, but if you are always inside never looking more than 10 feet away...that's what they will develop to see best at. My vision a few years back fluctuated when iw as working outside a lot, then when I moved jobs...to an inside job, I noticed right away, something I never had before, that I had an uneasiness about being inside a 15 x 15 foot room all day, like I had to go outside...im sure the eyes sensed a weakening or stress happening. And my vision went back to how it was, never been bad, its pretty perfect...for about 10-15 feet, but beyond that gets blurry. It literally is how you use them. Good vision is a natural thing, and if you're outside in a natural setting, especially sunny, it would happen just by virtue of that. So get all the nutrients, but from there, if you want 20 20 vision, you simply have to spend a large amount of time looking long distances

As for people that have the thick glasses, like cant even see much at all...im afraid I don't know, id suspect its nutritional though...but could also just be underdevelopment in the early years of life...I like to think, its been demonstrated to me, that anything can be recovered eventually

onioneyedox

pboy said:
vision has a lot to do with health and bloodflow and nutrients, but you have to keep in mind its also a muscle. To have good long range vision, you need to work out your eyes just like a muscle. With perfect nutrition, you are perfectly primed to build muscle, but if you don't ever work out or lift heavey things, you wont build muscle...or same thing with endurance. Vision is the same...health is the foundation, all the nutrients, blood flow is key with vision also, but if you are always inside never looking more than 10 feet away...that's what they will develop to see best at. My vision a few years back fluctuated when iw as working outside a lot, then when I moved jobs...to an inside job, I noticed right away, something I never had before, that I had an uneasiness about being inside a 15 x 15 foot room all day, like I had to go outside...im sure the eyes sensed a weakening or stress happening. And my vision went back to how it was, never been bad, its pretty perfect...for about 10-15 feet, but beyond that gets blurry. It literally is how you use them. Good vision is a natural thing, and if you're outside in a natural setting, especially sunny, it would happen just by virtue of that. So get all the nutrients, but from there, if you want 20 20 vision, you simply have to spend a large amount of time looking long distances

As for people that have the thick glasses, like cant even see much at all...im afraid I don't know, id suspect its nutritional though...but could also just be underdevelopment in the early years of life...I like to think, its been demonstrated to me, that anything can be recovered eventually

I remember whole reasoning behind Viikari's method, that Valtsu references in his blog, is that it plus lenses make eyes work like they were looking at distance when looking near. If I remember correctly (read this stuff long while a go) Viikari says that it is mainly prevention method (ie. children should use them when doing close work) and it also relaxes strained eye muscles (which she said to have seen to alleviate depression, for example.)

I might order some glasses from online vendor (cheap) with correct distance between eyes, store bought basic ones aren't that comfortable.

e. I see that Viikari has quite nice updated website http://kaisuviikari.com/wordpress/en/ She is an cool oldschool scientist, I'm sure Peat would approve. The dogmata page has short summary of her ideas.

Steffi

Sorry uuy8778yyi! I was just frustrated to read another recooking of a ridiculous idea. Not that I'm saying you can't improve bad eysight - but myopia cannot be "cured" by lifestyle changes.

@pboy: There seem to be more than one theory out there how accommodation works. But IMHO it is easy to experience for everybody that focussing on a (too) near object (few cm from the eyes) puts noticeable strain on the eyes. Looking into infinity does not require any effort - the ciliar muscle relaxes. So if there is a problem with that muscle in the eye, it's that it doesn't relax properly. This, again, is typical for hypothyroidism. Muscles unable to relax, causing back pain and a lot more.
However, myopia is still a geometrical problem. The eyeball is simply too large for the socket, probably because it grew faster than the scull, and therefore focusses in front of the retina. Even maximum relaxation of the ciliar muscle will not flatten the lens enough to not focus so much. The only remedy is reducing that refraction.

Y

ypgogibk

No one can actually give a straight answer to this question

What methods, that are proven, will help ?

should I just go ahead with print pushing ?

Y

ypgogibk

Belladonna takes its name from the Latin “beautiful lady”, referencing its use amongst the women of Rome as a cosmetic, due to the presence of a unique molecule in the tropane family of alkaloids – atropine. This is the very same drug used by the medical profession to 'dilate' someones eyes. Historically this was extracted from Belladonna itself, however today it is synthesized in laboratories.

It took me some time to track this plant down, as it is native to Europe and isn’t naturalized to the area where I live. Eventually I was able to locate a source and order some for myself. When it arrived I wasn't exactly sure what to do with it (ancient Roman recipes were found lacking), but soon deduced a starting point. Placing a teaspoon of the dried leaf into a jar, and covering with 200 ml’s of cold spring water yielded — once strained through a fine mesh — a tea-colored liquid, to which I added enough sea salt to yield a salinity similar to that of tears. This I placed into a dropper bottle and — having committed myself to any of the hazards of self-experiment — promptly tilted my head back and began dripping this poisonous liquid into my right eye. I determined that I’d best leave the left eye untested lest either the experiment go awry, or the effects be so indiscernible that I need an unadulterated pupil for comparison. Setting the bottle aside, I went over to my desk to work on some writing.

While Belladonna is almost always thought of as a dangerous poison, I have found several wonderful medicinal benefits that extend beyond its perceived malevolence. First is that it allows one to see frequencies of violet light that seem to extend just beyond what is normally perceivable to the human eye. Although I have not been able to confirm this conclusively, my impression was of breaking into the lowest end of the ultraviolet spectrum. This was most notable when looking at light sources, like a lightbulb or LED, which would twinkle with all the opalescence of the distant stars. If it were my goal to create a formula that would endow its user with superhuman vision, certainly Belladonna would grace the ingredient deck.

Probably more valuable is its impact on near-sightedness, which is apparently due to the way it relaxes the musculature of the eye itself. Many of the individuals who I shared this medicine with came back to report improvements in their ability to see at distance, and while I have not followed up at length, these effects lasted at least for days or weeks.

https://danielvitalis.atavist.com/a-chemical-ecology

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals