Solving Myopia - Impossible With Peat's Ideas ?

gretchen

To take a stab at it I would guess it has something to do with toxic blue light, the pineal gland, melatonin, vitamin A, damaged mitichondria, liver issues, and possibly cortisol. It's a kind of brain disruption.

marcar72

I'd focus on plenty of liver (vitamin A) and egg yolks (lutein, vitamin A) for eyesight. Some pregnenolone as well seems to help some people according to this Ray Peat article:

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/three-hormones.shtml

Many people have noticed that pregnenolone has a "face-lifting" action. This effect seems to be produced by improved circulation to the skin, and by an actual contraction of some muscle-like cells in the skin. A similar effect can improve joint mobility in arthritis, tissue elasticity in the lungs, and even eyesight. Many studies have shown it to be protective of "fibrous tissues" in general, and in this connection it was proven to prevent the tumors that can be caused by estrogen.

My eyesight seems to fluctuate a bit I've found but those three things there seem to address the issue nicely. (raw liver, raw egg yolks, pregenolone) What seems to strain the old eyesight from time to time is frequent sexual activity. Anything with mucus membranes I feel are taken care of real well with those foods there. :2cents

I'd say some zinc supplementation or oysters for zinc as well since it's synergistic with vitamin A. :2cents

IWishIWasRich

Blossom said:
nikotrope said:
I don't know if it's related to peating, but my vision improved when my metabolism improved. Maybe it's due to fixing deficiencies such as vitamin A also.
That's a good point nickotrope. I've been out of vitamin A for awhile, ate through my good liver stockpile and I'm noticing some worsening of my vision lately.
How do you guys solve your vitamin problems? I assume you did test before randomly supplementing.
What are the tests to make to rule out any vit defiencies?
As for me, I solved it with lasik surgery a couple years ago. But I have blurry vision sometimes, i think its a mix of mucus and dryness, because of my thyroid problems or god knows what.

nikotrope

IWishIWasRich said:
Blossom said:
nikotrope said:
I don't know if it's related to peating, but my vision improved when my metabolism improved. Maybe it's due to fixing deficiencies such as vitamin A also.
That's a good point nickotrope. I've been out of vitamin A for awhile, ate through my good liver stockpile and I'm noticing some worsening of my vision lately.
How do you guys solve your vitamin problems? I assume you did test before randomly supplementing.
What are the tests to make to rule out any vit defiencies?
As for me, I solved it with lasik surgery a couple years ago. But I have blurry vision sometimes, i think its a mix of mucus and dryness, because of my thyroid problems or god knows what.

I didn't supplement vitamin A, but compared to what I was previously eating my vitamin A intake has increased substantially.

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

go to endmyopia.org

sign up to his newsletter, there's seven of them, and that will explain everything

out of everything, he is the only person providing real solutions to myopia and using science

the bates method is outdated nonsense and won't work for "lens induced myopia" anyway, which is what most people have

Blinkyrocket

uuy8778yyi said:
Blinkyrocket said:
uuy8778yyi said:
http://endmyopia.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/myopia-pdf-gold.pdf
Sweeeet, I'm gonna read the crap out of this.

It has been done, does he ever talk about what it means to have "floaters" in your eye? I got them at a VERY young age, my parents never thought that that was too strange.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals