Slow Metabolism, Thin But Losing Muscles, Tired In The Morning

OP
Xisca

Xisca

And adrenaline has other causes than eating "only" 3 times per day.
I eat 6 or 7 times a day anyway, but still run thanks to any stress I can use.

tara

I have to try this chrono site,
I think that's worth a try to get a more objective idea too.
(But don't believe what the cronometer site suggests about your calorie needs - it is often too low. )

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Hello Tara, did you see that I wrote afterward that I did give it a try? And I do have a high calory intake, just that it is not a lot of STARCH, and most sugar from fruits and especailly bananas, that I digest well if very ripe, and I do have Access to local ripe bananas.

And I am with a group for a week, and I could check that I eat more than everybody at meals.
And I do snack.
So maybe just time?
And this idea about progesterone that does not work with adrenaline tells me WHY progesterone is not efficient for me.
So, ok about the high sugar, but what's about the rest of stress that also create adrenaline?

I feel better this week, sleep each night better, and I am at a somatic experiencing workshop, so I started the week with a session, and stress is going down. I have a big reserve of activation, so it does not go away with any method as quick as one wants!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I have just noticed a mistake of mine, sorry about not checking exactly about THS, as I thought it was meaning "all thyroid hormons, T3 and T4".
So, no I did not have it tested, and now I understand its use.

Can I have normal T3, T4, Reverse thyroid, and still high THS showing that I have low thyroid?
That would be very paradoxical... for me at least now!

And is it posible to have low thyroid AND loose weight?
Thanks

tara

Hello Tara, did you see that I wrote afterward that I did give it a try? And I do have a high calory intake, just that it is not a lot of STARCH, and most sugar from fruits and especailly bananas, that I digest well if very ripe, and I do have Access to local ....
I did see that, but unless you have had a go at measuring, I don't think you can necessarily tell by comparing with others around you. I think I've made mistakes by such assumptions for myself. Calculating or plugging into a program that will calculate for you is a bit of a chore, but maybe worth it just for a couple of days to check.
If you are calculating yourself, many fruits, if ripe and well-grown, are around 10% carbs - some more, some less (excluding skins etc). Bananas and some others are higher - bananas may be over 20%.
1g carbohydrate ~4cal
1g protein ~4 cal
1g fat ~ 9cal.

tara

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I registered on the cronometer site, and even with only my main foods, I am over 2000 kcal .
They just tell I am low in PUFAs!
% :
carbs 48
fat 36
proteins 17

For one week I am lower on fats because I am not at home. And my carbs are higher because of eating rice and potatoes. I am lucky as I am not at home, that they are thoroughy cooked, and my intestines are still fine.

Now a tipical day is :
- get up and eat a carrot
- bf: goat cheese I have brought, with their home made strawberry marmelade, coffee with an egg yolk.
- snack: gluten free bred and butter,
- coffee break : coffee, banana, some walnuts, raisins, dates, Apple juice...
- lunch: today was salmon, another day was chicken, another day the protein was processed food and I had none....
with potatoes and veggies.
- snack as before
- snack as before or some coffee break...
I keep it every 3 hours
- dinner with rice or potatoes and veggies.

The more I eat like this the more I feel hungry, but not a growling stomach, it is more like a tension around stomach, strange

BUT TODAY I FELT WARM, VERY WARM.

Let's see after more days, but today I was so warm that I had to ask people if the day was warmer, and it was not!
My guts are still ok, but I have begun to have a swollen belly, so let's see how long I can stand starches this time...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Tara, my question should have been
"And is it posible to have low thyroid AND loose weight....
AND have these labs results?"

Total t3 1.48 ng/ml (0.55 - 1.60)

Total t4 9.95 mcg/dl (4.20 - 12 )

rT3 0,27ng/ml (0.09 - 0,35)

I did not do TSH.

Let's add that I received some somatic experiencing sessions this week, and I am not at home, which means some rest, so my level of stress has gone down. I feel I am recovering from the big flue/bronquitis.

tara

BUT TODAY I FELT WARM, VERY WARM.
:claporange
Tara, my question should have been
I don't think I am up with all the possibilities of thyroid lab tests.
Your numbers don't look like alarmingly low thyroid, but if you have symptoms of low metabolism, then hopefully there is some point in the process where change can help. I don't have much to say about losing weight and having symptoms with those numbers unless/until there is some approximate data on average calorie intake.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I had stated that my calory intake was roughly over 2000 a day the 1st time I calculated.
If I have liver problem, then no stock of glycogen, and my body was taking my muscles to make glucose?
Gluten until 15 years ago had given me some sort of leaky gut, and I had to suppress starch.
And I obviously make lactic acid.
I might still have some pufa in stock, as I was brought up with a lot in my diet.

If I can stand some starch and more sugar, then I am optimistic!

Richiebogie

Xisca, your diet looks ok except for all the MUFA in the avocados and nuts. Nuts also contain antinutrients.

Fresh or even dried figs are nutritious. Perhaps try eating those whenever you feel hungry.

Also can you get fresh OJ (not cooked) in cartons or plastic containers?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Absolutely right.... I am usually not eating nut but some macadamia and 2 brazil nuts, not even on a daily basis.
And I am going to make an effort to lower avocadoes... as I produce them.

I cannot shop often, and not always find OJ, and this one has pulp, so grrrrr I have to filter it.
I try to have raisins without added sunflower oil. Dates are great.
Yes for local figs!
I keep them low because I find them irritant (seeds)

And when I am not tired, I feel often "electric" inside.
Interestingly, people who see me and know me do not find me tired but nervous and quick.
Right, I can tell myself I am not slow at all, and my level of rest is not deep.

tara

I had stated that my calory intake was roughly over 2000 a day the 1st time I calculated.
Whoops, I missed that, sorry.
I think you sound as though you are fairly active. So with a metabolism that isn't extra low, it is not surprising if you lose weight on 2000 cals. It is not extremely low, but it is certainly not high calories. AFAIK, the way to maintain weight on lowish calories is to lower metabolism.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Well, if you missed only that you are still good because there was a lot to read, and I thank you for your attention and disponibility.

Even when I do nothing I feel active inside....
I have to find a compromise between having enough calories and being able to digest the quantity!

Wao, the truth might be that I do not have a slow metabolism, but that I burn a lot! And I turned to fats, and then to my own proteins to make fuel. I might have been cold just because my body was saving for the most important tasks.

This morning I was crazy because they did not think it was important to give me the promised rice, and I had almost nothing to eat....
jam and cheese for breakfast, that was all, and cofee with egg.
At the coffee break, I jumped on the last banana and stopped myself after 3 cashew nuts, wanted no fat!
drank the Apple juice to the last drop.... some orange néctar, but then saw it had edulcorants....
The fruits were unripe....
Biscuits with gluten....

I was feeling like thirsty in the salted sea!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals