Morning wood is a must?

FrostedShores

Maybe it's stress related? I've noticed when my stress levels are low I tend to get more frequent and longer-lasting erections, including morning wood. When my stress levels are high, I often struggle to get and maintain an erection. So maybe keeping stress in check and doing things to lower cortisol might be beneficial. Just my guess, though.

OP
U

username111

Maybe it's stress related? I've noticed when my stress levels are low I tend to get more frequent and longer-lasting erections, including morning wood. When my stress levels are high, I often struggle to get and maintain an erection. So maybe keeping stress in check and doing things to lower cortisol might be beneficial. Just my guess, though.
Thank for the reply. I would say that I am relatively low stress not to mention that my childhood was very stress free, yet I never experienced the morning erection.

EustaceBagge

Thank for the reply. I would say that I am relatively low stress not to mention that my childhood was very stress free, yet I never experienced the morning erection.
What? Never? If you can easily get an erection if your aroused then I say pay no heed, but otherwise it might be a deficiency in DHT. How is your body hair/beard growth/bone thickness density/do you have gyno?

Explorer

Same for me

OP
U

username111

What? Never? If you can easily get an erection if your aroused then I say pay no heed, but otherwise it might be a deficiency in DHT. How is your body hair/beard growth/bone thickness density/do you have gyno?
Decent chest hair and very easy time growing a beard, so no problems there. I have average wrist size - 7 inches. No gyno either.
I know man, its a mystery to me so far.

EustaceBagge

Decent chest hair and very easy time growing a beard, so no problems there. I have average wrist size - 7 inches. No gyno either.
I know man, its a mystery to me so far.
How is your intake of vitamin D and magnesium. Do you take them with fatty meals to ensure absorption. How is your zinc status?
You might also wanna try taurine as it is protective to the balls, as it is naturally found in bile and the testes of bulls.
Something else to consider is reducing things that lower DHT, if you use any like finasteride/saw palmetto/pumpkin seeds/progestogenic substances in excess.
But in general I don't think a lack of morning wood means much, as long as your libido in general is fine and you can get it up when your aroused.
If you really insist on this being a health problem, source yourself some dht derivative like proviron and see whether the problem persists.

The route I would personally take would be to take substances that are good to the balls and semen production/quality, like lecithin in eggs, taurine, zinc, vit E etc. and see whether fertility is linked with morning wood for yourself if you understand what I'm implying.

Also try drinking 1/2 glasses of water before sleeping to see whether that gives you "morning wood", it does for me lol.

OP
U

username111

How is your intake of vitamin D and magnesium. Do you take them with fatty meals to ensure absorption. How is your zinc status?
You might also wanna try taurine as it is protective to the balls, as it is naturally found in bile and the testes of bulls.
Something else to consider is reducing things that lower DHT, if you use any like finasteride/saw palmetto/pumpkin seeds/progestogenic substances in excess.
But in general I don't think a lack of morning wood means much, as long as your libido in general is fine and you can get it up when your aroused.
If you really insist on this being a health problem, source yourself some dht derivative like proviron and see whether the problem persists.

The route I would personally take would be to take substances that are good to the balls and semen production/quality, like lecithin in eggs, taurine, zinc, vit E etc. and see whether fertility is linked with morning wood for yourself if you understand what I'm implying.

Also try drinking 1/2 glasses of water before sleeping to see whether that gives you "morning wood", it does for me lol.
Thanks for very informative response. I will refrain from hormonal substances for now,
but I will try to supplement Taurine and drink lots of water before bed to see if it makes any difference. Will update soon.

OP
U

username111

Bad news: Taurine and lots of water didnt work at all. Taurine itself cause insomnia after few days 0.5 g dose/day. Maybe somebody else will mention something pertaining my OP

EustaceBagge

Bad news: Taurine and lots of water didnt work at all. Taurine itself cause insomnia after few days 0.5 g dose/day. Maybe somebody else will mention something pertaining my OP
This is bad news indeed, not being able to handle taurine at such a low dose. It may imply that taurine works stimulatory for you, but it may also imply you are overly stimulated to begin with. Maybe relaxing substances may help? For this I suggest you search around the board though.

OP
U

username111

This is bad news indeed, not being able to handle taurine at such a low dose. It may imply that taurine works stimulatory for you, but it may also imply you are overly stimulated to begin with. Maybe relaxing substances may help? For this I suggest you search around the board though.
I would not say I am too stimulated by my environment and most describe me as a calm guy. I tried rhodiola, ashwaganda and St johns wort over the last years out of curiosity, and there was certainly a calming effect, but no wood.
One thing I want to mention that might be helpful is that I am very sensitive to caffeine, and always was since I remember myself. Cant drink coffee at all without feeling stressed for no reason. Even medium strength tea gives a slight effect of stress. I tried various dosages of sugar too. Am I broken haha?

EustaceBagge

I would not say I am too stimulated by my environment and most describe me as a calm guy. I tried rhodiola, ashwaganda and St johns wort over the last years out of curiosity, and there was certainly a calming effect, but no wood.
One thing I want to mention that might be helpful is that I am very sensitive to caffeine, and always was since I remember myself. Cant drink coffee at all without feeling stressed for no reason. Even medium strength tea gives a slight effect of stress. I tried various dosages of sugar too. Am I broken haha?
Honestly no, your not broken, but inability to handle caffeine links to a weak liver or raised adrenaline/cortisol.

And when I meant calming substances I meant things that Peat approves of, like magnesium, carbs, calcium, k2, vit. A/D/E and a b-complex with emphasis on B1, T3 if elevated prolactin/bad morning temps. So I didn't mean herbs, not at all.

Read around the boards a little.

keivis

Hey @username111 , I've had the same experience as you. I can count the times I've had morning erections on my hands lol. I've had no problem with sexual performance in my life. This "issue" has been plaguing me for many years. I'm in my late twenties now.

I do remember that when I first started to take zinc when I was around 20 years old, I did get a morning erection the following day. Though I can't remember whether I got it the subsequent days or not.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Low dose is energizing, whereas higher doses are sedating.

OP
U

username111

Honestly no, your not broken, but inability to handle caffeine links to a weak liver or raised adrenaline/cortisol.

And when I meant calming substances I meant things that Peat approves of, like magnesium, carbs, calcium, k2, vit. A/D/E and a b-complex with emphasis on B1, T3 if elevated prolactin/bad morning temps. So I didn't mean herbs, not at all.

Read around the boards a little.
Thanks for the reply, but my blood work indicates that my nutrition is fine as my vitamins are within range. I tried supplementing the ones you mention over the years too, and obviously it didnt help the "issue" I have as I would not have made this thread. Guys with a third of my androgen levels apparently experienced wood, yet I somehow missed out on that.

Hey @username111 , I've had the same experience as you. I can count the times I've had morning erections on my hands lol. I've had no problem with sexual performance in my life. This "issue" has been plaguing me for many years. I'm in my late twenties now.

I do remember that when I first started to take zinc when I was around 20 years old, I did get a morning erection the following day. Though I can't remember whether I got it the subsequent days or not.
Hey keivis: Did you ever do a blood panel? See if any thing is out of range first.
The thing is with me is that my test and dht are high, estrogen in the middle and prolactin slightly on the lower side, thyroid is within the range too, yet I literally never had a morning wood unlike you, who at least had a few in your life.
Hence I started this thread in hopes to experience the "morning glory" at least once in my life.

Low dose is energizing, whereas higher doses are sedating.
Interesting, but why? I still have the supplement, I will give it a try again. What dose should I go for, grams wise?

LLight

What is the reasoning behind lot's of water?

Taurine is an osmolyte and might be most useful when there is hyperosmolarity, i.e. without much water. Not saying it's a proof it would have necessarily worked better if you hadn't drunk lot's of water 🙂

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the reply, but my blood work indicates that my nutrition is fine as my vitamins are within range. I tried supplementing the ones you mention over the years too, and obviously it didnt help the "issue" I have as I would not have made this thread. Guys with a third of my androgen levels apparently experienced wood, yet I somehow missed out on that.

Hey keivis: Did you ever do a blood panel? See if any thing is out of range first.
The thing is with me is that my test and dht are high, estrogen in the middle and prolactin slightly on the lower side, thyroid is within the range too, yet I literally never had a morning wood unlike you, who at least had a few in your life.
Hence I started this thread in hopes to experience the "morning glory" at least once in my life.

Interesting, but why? I still have the supplement, I will give it a try again. What dose should I go for, grams wise?
In small doses, it's more dopaminergic and energizing by enhancing cellular function. In higher doses, the GABA-ergic effect starts to dominate. I'd say 2-5g is best for "sedation".

OP
U

username111

In small doses, it's more dopaminergic and energizing by enhancing cellular function. In higher doses, the GABA-ergic effect starts to dominate. I'd say 2-5g is best for "sedation".
Hi, I did 5 grams per days since you posted and it was not causing insomnia anymore, but at the same time- didnt solve my aforementioned issue. I mentioned before that I have relatively stress free life, so getting more sedated probalby wont do anything.

LastingJoy

Do all healthy men supposed to wake up with an erection? Could it be that some people have poor sleeping schedules and wake up during rem sleep with a normal nocturnal erection thinking that its a morning wood? Or maybe an alarm wakes them up?
I always lived healthy and I have Total Test measured in the 900's, yet I literally NEVER had a morning wood in my life. Any knowledgable individuals want to chip in? Are there other hormones at play in my case?
Hi, in my experience morning wood, if you mean erections upon waking, is not a must, is not ideal, and is often associated with split sleep and multiple awakenings, specifically during the dream phase, and also associated to other sub-optimal attributes during the day (such as sexual desire which begins to be intertwined to some degree with violence/aggression),

I have often experienced very, very deep sleep and almost never had a "morning wood" when my sleep was deep enough and not split,

Dreams of very pleasant uninterrupted sex during a deep and unfractionated sleep are inversely correlated with "morning wood" upon awakening

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi, I did 5 grams per days since you posted and it was not causing insomnia anymore, but at the same time- didnt solve my aforementioned issue. I mentioned before that I have relatively stress free life, so getting more sedated probalby wont do anything.
Yes, I don't think I've ever noticed a boost in morning wood from taurine either. However, taurine + GABA is great for erections though.
The biggest thing for morning wood for me is eating a lot of meat. Like 500g daily.

aniciete

For me personally avoiding dairy is the determining factor of having morning wood. Maybe it has to do with prolactin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals