High Fasted Morning Blood Sugar?

Connor888

So I have just done a search on the line with regard to what normal blood sugar levels are when fasted, and unfortunately mine are a little high. In UK numbers my waking blood sugar while being fasted for 8 hours or so is 5.6mmol/L where 5.4 is classed as 'normal'. To be honest, I wouldnt be surprised if 5.4 was not ideal either.
Edit: should probably add the U.S ref ranges for this too: Between 4.0 to 5.4 mmol/L (72 to 99 mg/dL)

Just to give you some context, im on 2.5 grains of thyroid which im increasing at a rate of 1/4 grain a week and my morning temps havent budged one bit.

I also take a Bcomplex, 60mg Pregnenolone & 5mg dhea (all from pure encapsulations without many fillers), 400iu Vitamin E once a week and I also eat 140g ish of chicken liver a week which I class as a supplement

I usually eat two bowls of cornflakes with 1.8% milk in the morning with sultanas for breakfast, always at least a liter of milk(sometimes 2) - a little dark chocolate and always a meal with either beef or chicken breast as the protein. I occassionally have 2-3 eggs with bacon & rice too

Would appreciate any feedback on this, thanks!

Last edited:
So I have just done a search on the line with regard to what normal blood sugar levels are when fasted, and unfortunately mine are a little high. In UK numbers my waking blood sugar while being fasted for 8 hours or so is 5.6mmol/L where 5.4 is classed as 'normal'. To be honest, I wouldnt be surprised if 5.4 was not ideal either.
Edit: should probably add the U.S ref ranges for this too: Between 4.0 to 5.4 mmol/L (72 to 99 mg/dL)

Just to give you some context, im on 2.5 grains of thyroid which im increasing at a rate of 1/4 grain a week and my morning temps havent budged one bit.

I also take a Bcomplex, 60mg Pregnenolone & 5mg dhea (all from pure encapsulations without many fillers), 400iu Vitamin E once a week and I also eat 140g ish of chicken liver a week which I class as a supplement

I usually eat two bowls of cornflakes with 1.8% milk in the morning with sultanas for breakfast, always at least a liter of milk(sometimes 2) - a little dark chocolate and always a meal with either beef or chicken breast as the protein. I occassionally have 2-3 eggs with bacon & rice too

Would appreciate any feedback on this, thanks!
Cornflakes are the worst for blood sugar spikes! My sister was prediabetic and we tested lots of foods with her meter and cereal was the worst. She was surprised that pairing a protein like steak with berries had her numbers the best. One of my girlfriends has always had blood sugar problems too and has found that raw honeycomb at bedtime has her numbers better than without it, and she loves the better sleep from it!

Attachments

• 20210516_131132.jpg
    20210516_131132.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 21
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals