Slippery Slope SUPPLEMENTS

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I regret not being aware of conspiracies earlier in my life

Oh me too! I use to think all police officers, priests and doctors were our heros. I snow sweet how power, sex and money have corrupted that notion. Most, or maybe just many, are still well intended, but figuring out who is who is like finding the pepper through fly poop.

Sefton10

Oh me too! I use to think all police officers, priests and doctors were our heros. I snow sweet how power, sex and money have corrupted that notion. Most, or maybe just many, are still well intended, but figuring out who is who is like finding the pepper through fly poop.
AAA18070-6306-44EC-A597-1470AC151A97.jpeg

In this little clip RP talks about how toxic the cellulose and other ingredients are that surround or bind the suppliments.

View: https://youtu.be/DkwvGn331pQ

The thing about cellulose it is it is in practically every supplement which is not good ?

I also *heard they have nanoparticles in it….which isn’t good…I‘m trying to find this out….I hate to think they are in everything

"When a person uses a drug, there is generally an awareness that the benefit has to be weighed against the side effects. But if something is treated as a “nutrient,” especially an “essential nutrient,” there is an implication that it won't produce undesirable side effects." -Ray Peat

I have always taken an interest in vitamins and herbs, starting in my teens. My mom had apothecary jars lined up across the kitchen counter, with various loose leaves, and books too that told of the miracles they could do. I would read about foods and the different vitamins and minerals that they had in them and would set out to eat two bites of "this" and three bites of "that" to make sure I got everything I needed and more. I use to envision my body as parts that had minds of their own, with feelings and temper tantrums. When I ate that two bites of cottage cheese, I pictured a mouth wide open at the end of the chute ready to catch it. After all the mouths were fed with the kidneys happy and the liver happy and the rest, I felt good moving on to my school homework. My only dabbling in vitamin suppliments was my mom telling me to try a niacin tablet, and the flush that came soon after was nearly unbearable! Yeah that was really funny mom. She got out of any criticisms by telling me how much good that "flush" was doing me. I did it a few more times , with more discomfort, and eventually the flush became less and less.

So in my adulthood I continued my vitamins, and of course in my 20's finding them as cheap as possible was the goal, after all a vitamin is a vitamin and those chewables and gummies made them a positive experience. ALL through my twenties I wasn't well. I had a lot of stomach problems and vomiting was a weekly occurrence. I lost a lot of weight, with much talk behind my back accusing me of having anorexia or bulimia. Those were frustrating times because I cooked gourmet meals and ate as much as anyone else, and of course got a lot of extra nutrients from vitamins.

After I had children it was more of the same. I discovered the miracles of bee pollen and never suffered menstrual cramps again. Then came "The Miracles Of MSM" (that is actually the title of the little book I read). MSM really was a miracle, reversing my wrinkles and it helped many friends and family with arthritis and other chronic pains. Finally I came upon a time when I could feel something brewing deep within. I had a deep itch on my collar bone that I could not get to, until one day I used one of my suppliments and my collar bone body broke out into an unbearable deep rash. I struhgled with that rash for months, being careful not to move too much snd keep ice packs and anti-histamines around to get through each day. I finally matched the name to my ailament, "Histamine Intolerance". I continued to use my supplements and everytime I did my symptoms got worse and worse, with now new symptoms like extreme puffy eyes, nonstop vomiting with any notice of nausea, insomnia, and a trickle of many other symptoms. Now I found myself taking suppliments out one at a time, and saw my symptoms get less and less, hanging on to only one for awhile, nettle. The final act was a horrible arm rash that would come on within minutes of ingesting any flouride, and the miserable rash would last for days. A gravity water filter finally resolved that rash and my health finally got to the other end of the tunnel.

Nowadays when I see a suppliment and know the quick fix I can get from it with better "this" or better "that", i resist the temptation and eat my beef liver or squeeze and strain some oranges. I don't ingest ANY suppliments anymore and i have ZERO health issues at 58. It took some time to let each of my "supposed" friends go, but I have learned through it all that with 'friends" quantity isn't as important as the quality.
With so many vaxxed and for prevention, do you take any supplements for immunity like quercertin, glutathione, vitamins C etc?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
With so many vaxxed and for prevention, do you take any supplements for immunity like quercertin, glutathione, vitamins C etc?
No I don’ take any of it. I eat my liver, shellfish, oranges and other fruits, well cooked broccoli, honey, sometimes potatoes or sprouted rice and oats, gelatin and homemade bone broths, raw milk and eggs and make sure to get plenty of sunshine. I use to take all kinds of supplements and my health was not good. I am not saying my health was bad because of the supplements, but it certainly didn’t help anything.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I'm on that glorious journey of cutting out supplements. One day, I hope to be completely free of them. In the last month I've cut astaxanthin and creatine.

How is your “glorious journey” going Jon2547?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Between the first and second world wars, cod liver oil was recommended as a vitamin supplement, at first as a source of vitamin A, and later as a source of vitamins A and D. But in the late 1940s, experimenters used it as the main fat in dogs' diet, and found that they all died from cancer, while the dogs on a standard diet had only a 5% cancer mortality. That sort of information, and the availability of synthetic vitamins, led to the decreased use of cod liver oil.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“After spending a ton of money on experimenting with different brands, herbs, and vitamins, I've recently realized what a scam it is. And an expensive one, at that.

All of that money could have gone towards whole foods this entire time, and I would've saved myself money and time from the neuroticism that led to researching different compounds.

Peat himself has spoken against the supplement industry and does not advocate the use of them.

"Any natural food is extremely purified, any supplement made chemically is going to be dirty, just in principle."

"One of the problems [with supplements] is that you don't get the unnamed and unidentified nutrients that are in any living tissue.

For example, in mushrooms, the content has hardly been sketched out,—there are thousands of potentially valuable nutrients or paranutritional substances, things that influence your quality of life that simply haven't been identified and tested."”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Nearly 50,000 instances of vitamin toxicity are reported annually to US poison control centers. [1] According to National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) data, in 2003–2006, 33% of the United States population aged 1 year and older took a multivitamin/mineral supplement (MVM) in a given month. Use rates of MVMs were 25%–27% at age 1–3 years and 14%–19% at 14–18 years. After age 18, use rates increased by age so that by age 71 years or older, 48% of women and 43% of men were taking MVMs. [2]
Owing to their ability to accumulate in the body, fat-soluble vitamins have a higher potential for toxicity than do water-soluble vitamins. Iron-containing vitamins are the most toxic, especially in pediatric acute ingestions.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“I think only a new perspective on the nature of living matter will make it possible to properly take advantage of the multitude of practical and therapeutic effects of the various life-supporting substances--pregnenolone, progesterone, thyroid hormone, and coconut oil in particular.

"Marketing" of these as products, without understanding just what they do and why they do it, seems to be adding confusion, rather than understanding, as hundreds of people sell their misconceptions with their products. The very concept of "marketing" is at odds with the real nature of these materials, which has to do with the protection and expansion of our nature and potential. A distorted idea of human nature is sold when people are treated as "the market."

It seems that all of the problems of development and degeneration can be alleviated by the appropriate use of the energy-protective materials. When we realize that our human nature is problematic, we can begin to explore our best potentials.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The "treatment" for intracellular fatigue consists of normalizing thyroid and steroid metabolism, and eating a diet including fruit juice, milk, some eggs or liver, and gelatin, assuring adequate calcium, potassium sodium, and magnesium, and using supplements of niacin-amide, aspirin, and carbon dioxide when necessary. Simply increasing carbon dioxide decreases lactic acid and ammonia, increases GABA (the sleep improving nerve inhibitor), and regulates mineral and water disposition.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The downside to this is that you could be getting too much or too little of a certain vitamin or mineral. If you’re deficient in vitamin A, for instance, taking a multivitamin might not fill your nutritional gap. On the flip side, excess levels of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K—obtained from food and/or supplements—can build up in your body and become toxic, causing serious health problems. “

“So why are calcium and magnesium excluded or, at the very least, included in negligible amounts? Broadly speaking, large doses of some minerals (including calcium and magnesium) will compete with other minerals for absorption in the body.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Magnesium and calcium

When these minerals are taken at the same time, they may not be quite as effective, says Tod Cooperman, MD, president of consumerlab.com, an independent testing company focused on health and nutrition products in White Plains, New York. “Taking large amounts of minerals with other minerals will reduce absorption,” he says. In essence, the minerals compete with one another and both lose out. Maximize your benefits by taking any mineral supplements at least two hours apart.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Both magnesium and potassium are from a group of minerals found in the earth and are beneficial for nerve and muscle health. Each are needed in large amounts and are commonly called macrominerals. The body needs some time to absorb each mineral, so the effectiveness decreases when taken together. The same goes for calcium and magnesium. Combining multiple minerals reduces the effects of all. Take mineral supplements at least 2 hours apart for the best results.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In addition, warfarin (a prescription blood thinner), ginkgo biloba (an herbal supplement), aspirin and vitamin E (a supplement) can each thin the blood. Taking any of these products together may increase the potential for internal bleeding or stroke.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is a great chart on vitamins and minerals, where to find them and how much is needed….

Attachments

• F70A38D8-6DE0-454D-B90B-C5876EB6C60C.png
    F70A38D8-6DE0-454D-B90B-C5876EB6C60C.png
    244 KB · Views: 76
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“On June 29, the Food and Drug Administration ordered supplement maker Hardcore Formulations to recall two of its bodybuilding supplements after they were found to be laced with derivatives of anabolic steroids — drugs that can have serious health consequences including liver injury and increased risk of heart attack, stroke, and infertility.

The most dangerous supplements are the ones that claim to increase performance in three broad categories, S. Bryn Austin said at an event organized by the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health. Those categories are: muscle building, weight loss, and sexual performance.

"What we're concerned about is adulteration — where people are deliberately including ingredients that shouldn't be in there," she said.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Liver is another rich source of the B vitamins as well as the oily vitamins, but it can suppress thyroid function, so usually one meal a week is enough.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In white hair, the amount of tryptophan is higher than in hair of any other color. Although serotonin and tryptophan are very important during rapid growth, their presence in senile tissues is probably closely associated with the processes of decline. The hair loss that occurs in hypothyroidism, postpartum syndrome, and with the use of drugs such as St. John's wort (which can also cause the “serotonin syndrome”) could be another effect of excess serotonin.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals