Pregnenolone and skin rash

frannybananny

OK, so I finally decided to try the pregnenolone that I already had because of all the great testimonies here, it is Douglas Labs 5 mg. I broke the 5 mg in half and dissolved it in my mouth per instructions on bottle. In about 2 hours I had severe itchiness on my ankles and I thought I had some bug bites. It persisted, I scratched. Finally went inside and put some alum bar (wet under water) on my ankles and lower shins looking for the bites and lo and behold I had a skin rash! I have never ever had hives or a rash before so I attribute it to the 2.5 mg of pregnenolone I had ingested earlier on an empty stomach. The alum bar seems to take a lot of the itch out of it, I have used it a lot in the past to stop itch and slight bleeding. It is an old time remedy that men used to stop razor burn or slight cuts on their faces from shaving.

Is this rash really from pregnenolone? I think I will throw it in the trash. After using the Alum bar on my ankles and lower shins the itch is finally subsiding.

Advocate2021

I would say more likely due to an allergy to one of the other ingredients- see below. Stressnon from idealabs a much better option and using it on the belly rather than orally.

• Serving Size 1 Dissolvable Tablet • Servings Per Container 100
  • Pregnenolone5 mg
  • Other ingredients: Mannitol, cellulose, silica and vegetable stearate

OP
frannybananny

frannybananny

I would say more likely due to an allergy to one of the other ingredients- see below. Stressnon from idealabs a much better option and using it on the belly rather than orally.

• Serving Size 1 Dissolvable Tablet • Servings Per Container 100
  • Pregnenolone5 mg
  • Other ingredients: Mannitol, cellulose, silica and vegetable stearate
The other ingredients are the same as yours, mannitol, cellulose, silica and vegetable stearate. I think maybe I don't need this supplement.

Advocate2021

The other ingredients are the same as yours, mannitol, cellulose, silica and vegetable stearate. I think maybe I don't need this supplement.
those are the ingredients from the douglas product you took, not mine. i use stressnon which has none of those. i copied that from the website. how old are you? if you are over 35, pregnenelone should be great for you. ive been taking it off and on for 15 years and am highly hypersensitive and have never had a reaction to it.

Advocate2021

those are the ingredients from the douglas product you took, not mine. i use stressnon which has none of those. i copied that from the website. how old are you? if you are over 35, pregnenelone should be great for you. ive been taking it off and on for 15 years and am highly hypersensitive and have never had a reaction to it.
its also possible that that product is contaminated - you have to be very careful with supplements from big companies. Idealabs is owned by @haiduit who is very active here and very trustworthy. his product is pure pregnenelone. you should try that before discounting pregnenelone. 99.9 percent i would suspect you reacted either to a contaminant in the Douglas product or one of the toxic excipients. Dr. Peat has written extensively about silica and how toxic it is in supplements. for example.

OP
frannybananny

frannybananny

those are the ingredients from the douglas product you took, not mine. i use stressnon which has none of those. i copied that from the website. how old are you? if you are over 35, pregnenelone should be great for you. ive been taking it off and on for 15 years and am highly hypersensitive and have never had a reaction to it
its also possible that that product is contaminated - you have to be very careful with supplements from big companies. Idealabs is owned by @haiduit who is very active here and very trustworthy. his product is pure pregnenelone. you should try that before discounting pregnenelone. 99.9 percent i would suspect you reacted either to a contaminant in the Douglas product or one of the toxic excipients. Dr. Peat has written extensively about silica and how toxic it is in supplements. for example.
OK Thanks, I must have read your post wrong. Thanks for your ideas. In reading several different medical sites about the possible side effects from pregnenolone they all list skin rash. I just think it is my body telling me I don't need this supplement.

Advocate2021

OK Thanks, I must have read your post wrong. Thanks for your ideas. In reading several different medical sites about the possible side effects from pregnenolone they all list skin rash. I just think it is my body telling me I don't need this supplement.
i dont trust medical sites with a penny of truth. yeah, the skin rash they tout is probably from pregnenolone supplements like yours. Side effects of pregnenolone itself based upon my experience and many i know- perpetual youth, face lifting, happiness, libido, fertility. i personally wouldnt ditch it before trying a pure form of it. of course, there are always exceptions and individual nuances and if a pure form also gives you a skin rash well then.... but i would almost bet substantial money it wont.

OP
frannybananny

frannybananny

i dont trust medical sites with a penny of truth. yeah, the skin rash they tout is probably from pregnenolone supplements like yours. Side effects of pregnenolone itself based upon my experience and many i know- perpetual youth, face lifting, happiness, libido, fertility. i personally wouldnt ditch it before trying a pure form of it. of course, there are always exceptions and individual nuances and if a pure form also gives you a skin rash well then.... but i would almost bet substantial money it wont.
I'll look for a pure one ... a link would be appreciated. All these supps sure cost $$$.

OP
frannybananny

frannybananny

I wonder if it comes in a cream?

Advocate2021

I'll look for a pure one ... a link would be appreciated. All these supps sure cost $$$.

OP
frannybananny

frannybananny

Thanks for that.... the thread is an interesting read.

baccheion

How much do you take? How often?

Advocate2021

How much do you take? How often?
for many years i took 100 mg per day orally in various formulations such as pure encapsulations, health natura and lifegiving store powders. i have taken breaks of a few months periodically over the years as the skin lifting effect wanes with continuous use. For the last couple of years i have been using idealabs stress non and just do 6 drops transdermally on abdomen or inner sides of elbows, arms and wrists as it is supposed to be the equivalent of 100 mg orally due to the enhanced absorption. I use it most nights but not every night. and probably take breaks every 6 months or so. Ive been using pregnenelone this way for 15 years. ive experimented a little with applying stress non to areas of my face as well for a week or so.

OP
frannybananny

frannybananny

for many years i took 100 mg per day orally in various formulations such as pure encapsulations, health natura and lifegiving store powders. i have taken breaks of a few months periodically over the years as the skin lifting effect wanes with continuous use. For the last couple of years i have been using idealabs stress non and just do 6 drops transdermally on abdomen or inner sides of elbows, arms and wrists as it is supposed to be the equivalent of 100 mg orally due to the enhanced absorption. I use it most nights but not every night. and probably take breaks every 6 months or so. Ive been using pregnenelone this way for 15 years. ive experimented a little with applying stress non to areas of my face as well for a week or so.
Do you happen to have any before and after pictures lying around? This sounds intriguing and my skin could sure use some fo these benefits, especially if I could sart with one drop and work my way up.

Advocate2021

Do you happen to have any before and after pictures lying around? This sounds intriguing and my skin could sure use some fo these benefits, especially if I could sart with one drop and work my way up.
i started in my late thirties and looked like i was 20 then lol. ive always looked very young for my age but at 52 (my current profile pic was taken 11/30/22 by me on my cell phone so no tricks or retouching) i have to think the pregnenelone among other things has helped preserve me as i dont look that much different frankly although i get mainly 3o's now but the other day got 26 or 27 but an exception. so , no i dont have before and after pictures because i nipped aging in the bud for the most part before i stated to significantly age. im fortunate in that respect. there is the famous before and after of Dr. Peat though pre and post pregenenelone posted in several places on this forum i believe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals