Slippery Slope SUPPLEMENTS

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Natural pregnenolone is present in young people of both sexes at a very high concentration, and one reason for the large amount produced in youth is that it is one of our basic defenses against the harmful side effects that an imbalance of even our natural hormones can produce. In excess, natural cortisone or estrogen can be dangerous, but when there is an abundance of pregnenolone, their side effects are prevented or minimized.

In a healthy young person or animal, taking even a large dose of pregnenolone has no hormone-like or drug-like action at all. It is unique in this way. But if the animal or person is under stress, and producing more cortisone than usual, taking pregnenolone causes the cortisone to come down to the normal level. After the age of 40 or 45, it seems that everyone lives in a state of continuous "stress," just as a normal part of aging. This coincides with the body's decreased ability to produce an abundance of pregnenolone.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Pregnenolone is largely converted into two other "youth-associated" protective hormones, progesterone and DHEA. At the age of 30, both men and women produce roughly 30 to 50 mg. of pregnenolone daily. When taken orally, even in the powdered form, it is absorbed fairly well. One dose of approximately 300 mg (the size of an aspirin tablet) keeps acting for about a week, as absorption continues along the intestine, and as it is "recycled" in the body. Part of this long lasting effect is because it improves the body's ability to produce its own pregnenolone. It tends to improve function of the thyroid and other glands, and this "normalizing" effect on the other glands helps to account for its wide range of beneficial effects.”
-Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Using a single amino acid supplement may lead to negative nitrogen balance. This can lessen how well your metabolism works. It can make your kidneys work harder. In children, single amino acid supplements may cause growth problems.

You should not take high doses of individual amino acids for long periods of time.

Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not use alanine supplements.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“L-alanine supplements have the potential to increase blood sugar levels, which can be problematic for people with diabetes if their blood sugar levels are already normal or too high. Anyone with diabetes should work with their doctor to monitor their blood sugar levels before taking alanine supplements.

Always read dosage directions carefully when starting any new supplement, including amino acids. Taking high doses of amino acids can possibly cause digestive issues, skin itchiness and tingling, and be hard for the kidneys and liver to process.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Soothes stings and bites. Zeichner says aspirin, with its anti-inflammatory properties, may help reduce the redness, swelling, and pain from bug bites. Make an aspirin paste similar to the one used for problem skin or just dampen an uncoated aspirin and apply it to the affected area for a few minutes.”

Kray

Natural pregnenolone is present in young people of both sexes at a very high concentration, and one reason for the large amount produced in youth is that it is one of our basic defenses against the harmful side effects that an imbalance of even our natural hormones can produce. In excess, natural cortisone or estrogen can be dangerous, but when there is an abundance of pregnenolone, their side effects are prevented or minimized.

In a healthy young person or animal, taking even a large dose of pregnenolone has no hormone-like or drug-like action at all. It is unique in this way. But if the animal or person is under stress, and producing more cortisone than usual, taking pregnenolone causes the cortisone to come down to the normal level. After the age of 40 or 45, it seems that everyone lives in a state of continuous "stress," just as a normal part of aging. This coincides with the body's decreased ability to produce an abundance of pregnenolone.” -Ray Peat
Do you supplement Preg? Have you found from reading Peat that Progest may not be necessary in post-menopausal women if they just supplement with Preg?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Do you supplement Preg? Have you found from reading Peat that Progest may not be necessary in post-menopausal women if they just supplement with Preg?
I had some leftover Stress-non from my husband taking it, and I tried it topically myself and felt nothing, so I wrote Ray Peat about it. He basically said it takes a whole lot to be effective topically, and orally was better, so I waited until recently, to try a few drops in water. I was still leery about ingesting the esters in it, but swallowed as few drops, and I didn’t notice anything. Because of the esters, I bought some powder a week or so ago instead. i can try some for a few days and see if I notice anything, and report back.

Kray

I had some leftover Stress-non from my husband taking it, and I tried it topically myself and felt nothing, so I wrote Ray Peat about it. He basically said it takes a whole lot to be effective topically, and orally was better, so I waited until recently, to try a few drops in water. I was still leery about ingesting the esters in it, but swallowed as few drops, and I didn’t notice anything. Because of the esters, I bought some powder a week or so ago instead. i can try some for a few days and see if I notice anything, and report back.
Thanks, same info I have, that oral is better. I have powder, also use progesterone as needed for sleep. Just revisiting whether I need that, or just pregn. Thanks, I look forward to hearing how it goes!

Kray

fwiw- I was just skimming the forum and found this (from the thread, Gbolduev Q And A- Non Peat). If this means what it seems to mean, I've never heard of this before, had you?

How does contrarian endocrinology apply to steroid cycles of testosterone (with a little progesterone and cabergoline) like you suggested??

Would it chelate certain minerals that would then need to be replenished?

Of course it will chelate minerals. that is why I dont rec any hormones. it will chelate zinc and iron.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
fwiw- I was just skimming the forum and found this (from the thread, Gbolduev Q And A- Non Peat). If this means what it seems to mean, I've never heard of this before, had you?

Of course it will chelate minerals. that is why I dont rec any hormones. it will chelate zinc and iron.
I have never heard of Gbolduev. What is it?

supercoolguy

About Pregnenolone:
One dose of approximately 300 mg (the size of an aspirin tablet) keeps acting for about a week, as absorption continues along the intestine, and as it is "recycled" in the body
Thats interesting! Ive been on 30-100mg Pregnenolone sublingual daily with DHEA @ 5-8mg. 6000i.u. Vit D3.
and @ Random 10-15mg of Progest-E.

Its been 4-5wks.
Hiking the Trails EOD. I feel considerably stronger. Might explain the improved mood, esp in the AM.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
About Pregnenolone:

Thats interesting! Ive been on 30-100mg Pregnenolone sublingual daily with DHEA @ 5-8mg. 6000i.u. Vit D3.
and @ Random 10-15mg of Progest-E.

Its been 4-5wks.
Hiking the Trails EOD. I feel considerably stronger. Might explain the improved mood, esp in the AM.
He told me to take Pregnenolone orally, that he never felt anything taking it topically, and I didn’t either. I don’t know what to think. I have never taken DHEA.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What did you think of the comment about hormones chelating minerals? Ever heard that? Could that ever be a good thing?
I have not heard of that, so I can’t comment. I don’t really see how hormones can chelate, since, I would think, they would have to attach themselves to something to be carried out of the body. I don’t see how it could happen any other way, but I am far from knowing everything. What do you think?

Kray

I have not heard of that, so I can’t comment. I don’t really see how hormones can chelate, since, I would think, they would have to attach themselves to something to be carried out of the body. I don’t see how it could happen any other way, but I am far from knowing everything. What do you think?
Did you read the convo between Gbolduev and Scenes, in that link I sent? They discussed the mineral-hormones issue. Neither person has reported in some time so I don't know if I would get an answer, but I could try Scenes, since they were the one who mentioned the mineral connection.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Did you read the convo between Gbolduev and Scenes, in that link I sent? They discussed the mineral-hormones issue. Neither person has reported in some time so I don't know if I would get an answer, but I could try Scenes, since they were the one who mentioned the mineral connection.
I did not read it. I would want some study or proof on the subject. I bookmarked it to look into it when I have a chance.

Kray

I did not read it. I would want some study or proof on the subject. I bookmarked it to look into it when I have a chance.
Very wise. I am trying to minimize intake of hormones anyway right now. Except for pregnenolone once a week. That is a precursor/raw material for others, so I'll keep to that for now. LMK if you find anything later. 😉

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Very wise. I am trying to minimize intake of hormones anyway right now. Except for pregnenolone once a week. That is a precursor/raw material for others, so I'll keep to that for now. LMK if you find anything later. 😉
I will let you know, what I find out, in the next week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals