Slippery Slope SUPPLEMENTS

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“According to Dr. Cederquist, several factors can contribute to changes in the amount of calcium one requires. “There are many risks that can increase calcium deficiency, inadequate calcium intake and/or absorption, which may be due to consuming a dairy-free diet based on choice, a dairy allergy, or lactose intolerance. Certain medications, deficiencies of other nutrients such as vitamin D, and menopause can also increase the risk of calcium deficiencies,” Dr. Cederquist says.

However, to avoid calcium deficiency, Dr. Cederquist recommends the general rule of thumb is to stay vigilant and acknowledge the changes that come at main milestones like after your teenage years, after turning 50 for women, and 70 for men.

If you are experiencing a calcium deficiency, you might experience a few physical symptoms. “While not everyone experiences calcium deficiency symptoms, someone may experience muscle spasms, numbness and tingling in their extremities, and fatigue. Neurologic symptoms, heart issues, bone fractures, and seizures are signs and symptoms of a more severe calcium deficiency,” Dr. Cederquist says.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"PUFA can react with iodine to make antithyroid compounds, so iodine deficiency is less likely when the diet is low in those." -Ray Peat

Attachments

• F8F64A61-3212-45BE-8D24-668CAD3C8767.png
    F8F64A61-3212-45BE-8D24-668CAD3C8767.png
    104 KB · Views: 14
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"PUFA can react with iodine to make antithyroid compounds, so iodine deficiency is less likely when the diet is low in those." -Ray Peat

“Symptoms between the two may present almost like polar opposites. With hyperthyroidism, you may find yourself with more energy and experience weight loss as opposed to weight gain. You may also feel anxious. Hypothyroidism causes symptoms like slowed metabolism, fatigue and weight gain.”

FitnessMike

Just discovered that zinc is giving me insomnia, after searching thru the internet many peoples got onset insomnia from zinc.

Iv take in already in the morning that the problem lol, so most likely i will have insomnia this night too..... unless i would find out the mechanism that drives this and combat it somehow.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just discovered that zinc is giving me insomnia, after searching thru the internet many peoples got onset insomnia from zinc.

Iv take in already in the morning that the problem lol, so most likely i will have insomnia this night too..... unless i would find out the mechanism that drives this and combat it somehow.
Thanks for reporting that here Mike. Can you mention this in my Sleep thread too?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
No reference to the excess iodine == increased cancer risk, and no definition of how much iodine is essential, nor any accounting for bromides, fluoride etc . if those are provided outside this brief quote, then this quote is taken out of context.

Dr. Ray Peat: “30 years ago, it was found that people in the US were getting about ten times more iodine than they needed. In the mountains of Mexico and in the Andes, and in a few other remote places, iodine deficiency still exists. Kelp and other sources of excess iodine can suppress the thyroid, so they definitely shouldn’t be used to treat hypothyroidism.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“No reference to the excess iodine == increased cancer risk, and no definition of how much iodine is essential, nor any accounting for bromides, fluoride etc . if those are provided outside this brief quote, then this quote is taken out of context.
It’s easy to recognize a chronic iodine deficiency, because it causes the thyroid gland to enlarge. Goiters can be caused in various ways, for example by being exposed to various goitrogens, including excess iodine, or by excessive estrogen and deficient progesterone, as well as by an iodine deficiency. “However, a chronic excess of iodine is harder to recognize, because it can produce a variety of degenerative changes. Measurement of the average daily iodine intake or excretion in the urine would be needed to confirm an excess. High iodine intake can suppress TSH, and since high TSH is pro-inflammatory, the iodine can have some protective anti-inflammatory actions, but in the long run, the thyroid suppression becomes a problem.” -Ray Peat

Peatress

Thinking out loud - I'm wondering if our requirements for iodine is increased now we are surrounded by increased radiation?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Low arsenic, cadium, and lead, high aluminum: avoiding oral supplements is paramount. My previous results were high in all these three. By taking close to zero supplements orally, I was able to bring the results back down. Aluminum remains slightly elevated. I am doing to be more methodic with my Fiji water intake, and will also try to sweat it out. Still haven't identified the source of the aluminum in my environment. Perhaps this is all from a previous exposure such as a vaccine.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Bee pollen also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties, which means it can inhibit the growth of fungal and bacterial outbreaks.

A 2010 study found bee pollen can inhibit the growth of fungal strains resistant to fluconazole, a popular antifungal medication used to treat yeast infections.

While the antimicrobial abilities of pollen vary based on the plant species they come from, a 2012 study found poppy bee pollen extract had antimicrobial effects against Staphylococcus aureus, the bacteria responsible for staph infections.

"Anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties help our immune system fight infections, which in turn decreases inflammation, tissue damage, and the spread of disease," Samuels says.”

Here is the bee pollen I am taking….

Attachments

• 756B669C-FA48-4672-9426-3C635C5F02FE.jpeg
    756B669C-FA48-4672-9426-3C635C5F02FE.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 34F03EF3-33FE-4724-984E-02615E3B4621.jpeg
    34F03EF3-33FE-4724-984E-02615E3B4621.jpeg
    446.9 KB · Views: 12

coffeelover

My children have to get vaxnations for school (yes we have tried homeschooling, I got WAY too stressed, not an option right now)...we have done some and they have about 4 left per kid. These are what I have used and multiple people recommended to me to help "detox" yucky Vax ingredients as well as aluminum. Anyone have better recommendations or know anything about this line of products?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“One study has found that the only hormone abnormality in a groupt of Alzheimers patients' brains was an excess of DHEA. In cell culture, DHEA can cause changes in glial cells resembling those seen in the aging brain. These observations suggest that DHEA should be used with caution. Supplements of pregnenolone and thyroid seem to be the safest way to optimize DHEA production.” -Ray Peat

Dave Clark

My understanding relative to the iodine deficiency, is that it is not about the 'deficiency' of the amount consumed in the diet, etc., but the deficiency of the amount needed by the body to perform today as it had in times when there were no toxicity issues with halogens. The amount of iodine the body needed 200 years ago, etc. is far less than the amount now needed to do the same job, thanks to blocked receptors of heavy metals, halogens, and other toxic chemicals. Peat is often stuck in a time warp, on various issues. Anyway, whether true, false, or indifferent, this is the current thinking by the iodine doctors, et al.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Several years ago, I saw what appeared to be oxidant-induced cataracts. Two women had a very sudden onset of cataracts, and I asked about their diet and supplements; it turned out that one of them had begun taking 500 mg of zinc daily a few months earlier, and the other had begun taking 600 mg of zinc and 250 mg of iron, on her doctor’s recommendation, just a couple of months before the cataracts appeared.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I have been using the raw zest of an orange once or twice a day in my coffee and ice cream. I absolutely love it!

“If you were to experience a vitamin C deficit for a prolonged period of time (a condition called scurvy), old scars or wounds can open up. This goes to show just how vital vitamin C is for your skin health.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals