Skin complexion and health. How do I help my skin complexion?

dervmai

progress
So my skin complexion seems to almost change. Currently my skin is really dull, dehydrated, almost grayish. Sometimes when I feel good, my skin complexion completely changes, I don’t look so dehydrated, my skin complexion lightens, etc….

Like my face skin complexion looks nothing like my hands. I get this is because of the sun and what not, however it’s weird and I don’t like how my face complexion looks, it looks like I’m kind of sick, or haven’t slept in a while.

When I’m feeling good, my skin looks great, it gets dewy, almost like I have a facelift going on, my skin looks cleaner, clearer, lighter etc….

Right now it looks, dull, gray, dehydrated… etc….

What’s the relationship with skin and thyroid heath, and what can one do to promote healthy skin.

ThinPicking

P.S.

Be careful with those shrooms Mr Dervmai.

"Slow down, or we'll go back in time!" - Zeus Carver

Truth

So my skin complexion seems to almost change. Currently my skin is really dull, dehydrated, almost grayish. Sometimes when I feel good, my skin complexion completely changes, I don’t look so dehydrated, my skin complexion lightens, etc….

Like my face skin complexion looks nothing like my hands. I get this is because of the sun and what not, however it’s weird and I don’t like how my face complexion looks, it looks like I’m kind of sick, or haven’t slept in a while.

When I’m feeling good, my skin looks great, it gets dewy, almost like I have a facelift going on, my skin looks cleaner, clearer, lighter etc….

Right now it looks, dull, gray, dehydrated… etc….

What’s the relationship with skin and thyroid heath, and what can one do to promote healthy skin.
Hi,

What do you eat?

in my experience lip color and skin complexion is associated with the degree of warmth and/or circulation felt in the face and head,

Honey/honey comb beyond a certain amount can commonly increase the warmth and circulation we feel in the head, and cause our lips and skin to tend towards a more healthy looking color,

Not drinking too much liquids/cold liquids specifically during winter can also contribute to this effect

Putting on as many layers of clothing as necessary to make us feel as warm as possible, as long as it feels good, including hoods/caps, can contribute to this effect

Generally, things that tend to reduce heat and circulation to the extremities tend to make our skin duller and our lips more purple rather than pink/red

Last edited:

peter88

Hi,

What do you eat?

in my experience lip color and skin complexion is associated with the degree of warmth and/or circulation felt in the face and head,

Honey/honey comb beyond a certain amount can commonly increase the warmth and circulation we feel in the head, and cause our lips and skin to tend towards a more healthy looking color,

Not drinking too many cold liquids specifically during winter can also contribute to this effect

Putting on as many layers of clothing as necessary to make us feel as warm as possible for as long as it feels good, including hoods/caps, can contribute to this effect

Generally speaking, things that tend to reduce heat and circulation to the extremities tend to make our skin duller and our lips more purple rather than pink/red
Nomane buddy, how’s it going

Hi,

What do you eat?

Not drinking too much liquids/cold liquids specifically during winter can also contribute to this effect

Putting on as many layers of clothing as necessary to make us feel as warm as possible, as long as it feels good, including hoods/caps, can contribute to this effect

Generally, things that tend to reduce heat and circulation to the extremities tend to make our skin duller and our lips more purple rather than pink/red
These are great suggestions! I would add that the more colorful foods I eat the more color there is in my skin.

Phaedrus

Get light exposure on your skin, specifically sunshine and incandescent/red light. Obviously you don’t want to get sunburned, but some daily sun on the face can make a world of difference in terms of your complexion. Further, there’s evidence that red and infrared light therapy can help skin health greatly.

My grandpa was an old school family doctor and always told us as kids that one of the best thing for teenage acne was just sunshine, versus expensive face washes and other cosmetic products.

Get light exposure on your skin, specifically sunshine and incandescent/red light. Obviously you don’t want to get sunburned, but some daily sun on the face can make a world of difference in terms of your complexion. Further, there’s evidence that red and infrared light therapy can help skin health greatly.

My grandpa was an old school family doctor and always told us as kids that one of the best thing for teenage acne was just sunshine, versus expensive face washes and other cosmetic products.
I agree here, that a little sunshine on my skin draws out some natural oils and adds a bit of color. I haven’t used sunscreen for about 10 years now. Lately I ditched my favorite face cleanser too, and just use raw honey to wash my face. I love it!

PopSocket

If your skin radically changes in the span of a day or even hours it could be either thyroid issue or liver issue or both. Does your skin get bad when you are low energy ?

Have you checked your thyroid levels and especially thyroid antibodies ?

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
If your skin radically changes in the span of a day or even hours it could be either thyroid issue or liver issue or both. Does your skin get bad when you are low energy ?

Have you checked your thyroid levels and especially thyroid antibodies ?
I think it is the liver. My skin gets like a more yellow undertone whenever my skin starts getting worse. My skin gets fairly red/pink easily, mix that with the yellow undertone, and it doesn’t look very nice.

Gonna work on the liver.

PopSocket

I think it is the liver. My skin gets like a more yellow undertone whenever my skin starts getting worse. My skin gets fairly red/pink easily, mix that with the yellow undertone, and it doesn’t look very nice.

Gonna work on the liver.
Yeah. Must be it based on those symptoms.

Coffee enemas are not bad for this purpose as I saw the exact same symptoms getting cured. Gerson therapy style. Important to get a coffee for this exact purpose without pesticides, fungus etc if you decide to go this route. And charcoal/insoluble fiber to remove the bile. Also Thyroid supplementation is helpful while practicing this. Takes a few weeks but the results are well worth it. Red light therapy pointed to the liver is also useful and can be used in conjunction. Important to have the liver glycogen full when using the light.

Edit: Zinc from oysters and silica from cucumbers also help a lot when it comes to skin issues caused by the liver.

ThinPicking

Yeah. Must be it based on those symptoms.
I doubt it personally Mr Socket.

PopSocket

I doubt it personally Mr Socket.

The very quick changes in the state of the skin points towards some internal process triggering an inflammatory reaction. Probably the liver excreting toxins. The yellow tint also points this way.

What do you think it could be as I cannot understand ? Not enough water ?

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
The very quick changes in the state of the skin points towards some internal process triggering an inflammatory reaction. Probably the liver excreting toxins. The yellow tint also points this way.

What do you think it could be as I cannot understand ? Not enough water ?
Yes I agree, the changes are quite quick, it can change drastically over a span of days.

I experience this weird phenomenon where I think there is like a cluster of toxins in my body, which move. When my sinuses are doing bad, my skin doesn't look as bad. When my sinuses are clearer, my skin looks worse, as if my liver isn't doing a good enough job of detoxing everything and the toxins leach out in various ways.

I have a small history of drug abuse, I smoked weed heavily for maybe 5 years, alcohol here and there, nicotine etc…. So I’d assume my liver isn’t functioning the best. I have many issues pointing to a sluggish liver.

I am also curious what else it could be @ThinPicking

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals