Are heavy metal hair analysis test accurate and is Andy cutlers chelation methods safe?

Josh

I did a heavy metal hair analysis test which just came back yesterday. I did it through Regenerus, which is through ‘Doctors Data’

How accurate are these hair heavy metal tests?

And is something like Andy Cutlers chelation methods safe if one does have high heavy metals? He recommends the use of DMSA/ALA/DMPS etc. Are they safe?

Now the thing is, my heath has only improved year after year, hormones/energy/blood work/sleep/skin-everything. So I really don’t want to look at these results until I know it is worth it and if it is even safe to chelate with his methods. I don’t want stress myself out for no reason and believe there is SOMETHING else wrong with me, which is what researching your health does.

I’m in the Andy Cuttler chelation group and EVERY SINGLE test result that gets posted, every single person is guaranteed to have some sort of heavy metals high. This makes me suspicous

I don't have any amalgam fillings or anything, I'm only 22.

JohnHafterson

Unless you are severely health compromised with big time chemical exposure like 9/11 first responders, I wouldn't worry about it.

Good diet ( minerals, vitamins, good protein and natural sulfur sources ) and good metabolism should be able to keep your phase 1 and phase 2 detoxification system pretty good.

If you don't have amalgams and haven't been a heavy smoker, you're probably good at your age.

I built an infrared sauna a few years ago and used it for several months testing hair heavy metals pre and post and there was a significant fall.

Not sure if the hair tests are very revealing but some alternative practitioners seem to think so.

I will probably be rebuilding the sauna soon to get some sweating going it's a good way to get rid of xenobiotics.

Remedy

I'm doing Cutler's protocol, and am currently on round 92.

Firstly, it is safe. It is the only safe method.

As for whether the "heavy metal hair test" is accurate -- presumably for mercury -- it depends. Mercury toxicity is not straightforward to diagnose; the Cutler protocol uses a hair test, but it's not one of heavy metals, as you would assume. Instead, it is a test of both heavy metals and general elements, such as calcium and magnesium and such, which is then interpreted in a certain way referred to as "counting rules." Doctor's Data provides a "toxic elements" test and "hair elements" test, and if, as it sounds, your test is the "toxic elements", without magnesium and so on, then it isn't useful in diagnosis.

Read about Cutler protocol testing for mercury here: Testing for mercury - OnibasuWiki

Read about the "counting rules" here (forgive the archive; when last I checked years ago, this was still online!) : Mercury Toxicity: Hair Testing Information

Read about the Cutler protocol in general here: Cutler protocol - OnibasuWiki

Also, you don't need amalgams to be mercury toxic. Sensitivity varies greatly, and there are unusual/unrecognized means of exposure. I'm positive that there are a ton of people who get sick just eating tuna casserole or sushi or fish sticks once or twice a week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals