Shrimp And OJ Make Me Horny Baby!

javacody

I had 12 ounces of shrimp cocktail and a liter (quart) of OJ for dinner last night.

I felt really good. And then my libido went from zero to 10. I had sex dreams all night. Literally, dream after dream after dream. And the worst thing about it is that my dream partners started turning me down after a shag or two.

So I have a few questions.

Have any of you ever experienced this? If so, how did you deal with it?

Will my libido calm back down? Do I even want it to?

Ladies, what have you found in your lives that made you receptive to daily sex (if anything at all)?

Last but not least any recommendations on low fat shellfish recipes?

OP
J

javacody

Further, is this is a sign that I may have dopamine issues? I've had crazy high libido in the past. So much that past partners have complained about it.

milk_lover

OJ can be anti-estrogenic. RP recommended it along with cooked mushrooms to people with vasectomy. Shrimps have trace minerals, copper, and healthy protein profile without so much iron and fat, which could help with libido. The balance of the meal seems very good for me personally. I think also the fructose from OJ helps with any allergy that might come from shrimps as high blood sugar is especially good in fighting allergy. That's good stuff man, I might try it one day :)

OP
J

javacody

OJ can be anti-estrogenic. RP recommended it along with cooked mushrooms to people with vasectomy. Shrimps have trace minerals, copper, and healthy protein profile without so much iron and fat, which could help with libido. The balance of the meal seems very good for me personally. I think also the fructose from OJ helps with any allergy that might come from shrimps as high blood sugar is especially good in fighting allergy. That's good stuff man, I might try it one day :)

Do you know if he mentioned specific mushroom types?

tankasnowgod

I had 12 ounces of shrimp cocktail and a liter (quart) of OJ for dinner last night.

I felt really good. And then my libido went from zero to 10. I had sex dreams all night. Literally, dream after dream after dream. And the worst thing about it is that my dream partners started turning me down after a shag or two.

Ladies, what have you found in your lives that made you receptive to daily sex (if anything at all)?

I've been getting more into shellfish recently. Always liked crab, liked scallops and lobster, but I hated shrimp for the longest time. It turns out, I think it's mostly cause I always had it served cold. I've tried cooked shrimp a bit, and really liked it. I not a fan of chilled seafood, with raw oysters being the only exception.

Just this week, I got some Langostino Lobster tails from trader joe's, and cooked them sous vide style. I seasoned them with salt and garlic powder, added a few slices of lemon to the vacuum sealed pouch, and let them cook for an hour and half at 130 degrees F. They were DELICIOUS! I ate them with some melted butter, but honestly, they were tasty enough to eat on their own. Might have even been better without the butter. Might try the same thing with TJ's shrimp.

milk_lover

Sometimes I cook myself a lobster roll. Fry the salted lobster cuts in tasteless coconut oil or butter and put them in a hot toast with tobasco sauce. Tastes like heaven!

OP
J

javacody

If I remember correctly, he thinks cooked regular white button mushrooms are fine.

Thanks for the tip! Adding button mushrooms to my grocery list. Maybe a mushroom and clam chowder made with skim milk and thickened with potato starch would be tasty?

OP
J

javacody

I've been getting more into shellfish recently. Always liked crab, liked scallops and lobster, but I hated shrimp for the longest time. It turns out, I think it's mostly cause I always had it served cold. I've tried cooked shrimp a bit, and really liked it. I not a fan of chilled seafood, with raw oysters being the only exception.

Just this week, I got some Langostino Lobster tails from trader joe's, and cooked them sous vide style. I seasoned them with salt and garlic powder, added a few slices of lemon to the vacuum sealed pouch, and let them cook for an hour and half at 130 degrees F. They were DELICIOUS! I ate them with some melted butter, but honestly, they were tasty enough to eat on their own. Might have even been better without the butter. Might try the same thing with TJ's shrimp.

Sometimes I cook myself a lobster roll. Fry the salted lobster cuts in tasteless coconut oil or butter and put them in a hot toast with tobasco sauce. Tastes like heaven!

I've never tried lobster. Thanks for these ideas! I'm going to get a lobster tail today. I'm going to try cooking it in a vegetable steamer with some lemon.

milk_lover

Thanks for the tip! Adding button mushrooms to my grocery list. Maybe a mushroom and clam chowder made with skim milk and thickened with potato starch would be tasty?
Try to cook the mushrooms for at least 1.5 hours to remove any toxins from them. That sounds delicious actually.

milk_lover

I've never tried lobster. Thanks for these ideas! I'm going to get a lobster tail today. I'm going to try cooking it in a vegetable steamer with some lemon.
We call lobster in my country "mother of shrimp" because they have similar tastes.

OP
J

javacody

We call lobster in my country "mother of shrimp" because they have similar tastes.

It almost sounds like an insult. You dirty mother of a shrimp!

natedawggh

Shrimp meat is high in arginine, which converts to nitric oxide which facilitates a more responsive sex drive. But taking extra arginine for this purpose raises NO too high and can cause long term metabolic damage and cancer. I'm sure having shrimp as part of a balanced diet is just fine. But eat with saturated fat and coffee or some other iron binding substance.

tankasnowgod

Shrimp meat is high in arginine, which converts to nitric oxide which facilitates a more responsive sex drive. But taking extra arginine for this purpose raises NO too high and can cause long term metabolic damage and cancer. I'm sure having shrimp as part of a balanced diet is just fine. But eat with saturated fat and coffee or some other iron binding substance.

Not sure it's the arginine. It is fairly high in shrimp, but not dramatically more so than beef. Traditionally, oysters have had the reputation of the seafood that raises libido. Oysters are pretty high in zinc, copper, selenium, and B12. The only thing where shrimp comes close is selenium. So, maybe it was helping to correct a selenium deficiency? Shrimp also have a fair amount of cholesterol with very little fat. Maybe that has something to do with the libido boosting issues.

OP
J

javacody

I've actually supplemented with large doses of arginine powder in the past.

It was nothing like this. It never gave me sex dreams all night long.

natedawggh

Not sure it's the arginine. It is fairly high in shrimp, but not dramatically more so than beef. Traditionally, oysters have had the reputation of the seafood that raises libido. Oysters are pretty high in zinc, copper, selenium, and B12. The only thing where shrimp comes close is selenium. So, maybe it was helping to correct a selenium deficiency? Shrimp also have a fair amount of cholesterol with very little fat. Maybe that has something to do with the libido boosting issues.
I've actually supplemented with large doses of arginine powder in the past.

It was nothing like this. It never gave me sex dreams all night long.

Ugh. Amino acid class 101: an amino acid's biological effect is dependent on its RATIO compared to other aminos in a meal, not its total.

Arginine ratio in beef to other amino acids is negligible, so it would not have the same biological action as shrimp, where arginine is one of two dominant amino acids.

likewise arginine taken as a supplement would have different effects than when eaten in actual food, because the amino acid alone is not grouped with other constituents needed to produce the same effects as it does in shrimp, again, being the RATIO of arginine to the others rather than base amounts. It is the arginine in its high ratio which illicits this effect, powered by the whole food nutrients which accompany the meal.

OP
J

javacody

Ugh. Amino acid class 101: an amino acid's biological effect is dependent on its RATIO compared to other aminos in a meal, not its total.

Arginine ratio in beef to other amino acids is negligible, so it would not have the same biological action as shrimp, where arginine is one of two dominant amino acids.

likewise arginine taken as a supplement would have different effects than when eaten in actual food, because the amino acid alone is not grouped with other constituents needed to produce the same effects as it does in shrimp, again, being the RATIO of arginine to the others rather than base amounts. It is the arginine in its high ratio which illicits this effect, powered by the whole food nutrients which accompany the meal.

I just looked at the amino profile of shrimp.

It is much higher in glutamine and also about the same amount of aspartic acid as arginine. Lysine, Leucine, and Glycine are up there as well.

So how do you single out the arginine here? Do you have any evidence?

And please don't read this as a challenge as much as curiosity. I'm trying to understand why my body responds to certain things.

I read that it could also be the iodine in shrimp?

tankasnowgod

Um, duh. That's what I was referring to, the ratio. I was likely looking at the same breakdown as javacody, not sure why you singled out arginine, either.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals