Rhonda Patrick Is Mega-dosing Fish Oil

Elephanto

None of you guys know anything about her lol it's the definition of judgmental. You guys think that just because you neglect a certain nutrient out of your diet that you're all some sort of supreme beings. I cringe reading the ***t you guys say on these threads sometimes.
For starter, we know that she mega-doses Fish Oil and has a low carbs diet. As someone mentioned, making correlations with her looks can be pretty biased which is why I had an unserious tone in my first post, as to say it shouldn't be taken very seriously but that they are only ideas and observations I was throwing. And how does observing details about someone make me an ***hole ? Observing, self-observing fine details and making correlations is something I often do and it helps me figuring out issues granted I can't always be right but I think it's better than to be blind to details. I shouldn't feel bad because I sense a low energy vibe from her which I then explained with all the details I notice that tell me this. Instead of name-calling maybe you should refute every details I observed so maybe I'd be convinced that I'm wrong on all these observations, or if you don't care to, then consider I'm just writing observations without trying to put her down or feel superior.

astral kid 2

Both of those aren't reason to start making assumptions based on her appearance. I mean if we're allowed to make assumptions about people based stuff like that then Im just going assume your probably some 40 year old virgin who never gets laid

Elephanto

Both of those aren't reason to start making assumptions based on her appearance. I mean if we're allowed to make assumptions about people based stuff like that then Im just going assume your probably some 40 year old virgin who never gets laid
Most of the things I wrote aren't assumptions but observations on her appearance. Sure it might be completely wrong to correlate it with those 2 components in her diet (though what's the harm in simply hypothesizing?) but you seemed more mad that I even observed those traits.

What about those deep dark circles under her eyes, the absence of playfulness and vividness in her eyes, the melancholic expression that you can notice when you pause the video at any moment, her hoarse voice synonymous with high Estrogen and monotony that doesn't sound very energetic. Not that I expect you to agree with me on any of these observations since you already stated your position but still, this is what I perceive.

I think a comparison with a child would be relevant if we can define them as beings full of energy, joy, luminosity, desires, intensity and lacking restraint. She has a very adult vibe in the sense that she is devoid of any child-like characteristics.

Look at all the comments on her podcasts ...guys always say she's "beautiful" and want to do all sorts of unspeakable things to her.

Who do you like better?

astral kid 2

Most of the things I wrote aren't assumptions but observations on her appearance. Sure it might be completely wrong to correlate it with those 2 components in her diet (though what's the harm in simply hypothesizing?) but you seemed more mad that I even observed those traits.
The only thing I'm mad about is how you felt the need to publicly criticize a beautiful nice lady based on superficial meaningless things. She litteraly looks like the nicest person

Elephanto

Look at all the comments on her podcasts ...guys always say she's "beautiful" and want to do all sorts of unspeakable things to her.

Who do you like better?

I just mentioned that estrogenicity is attractive to men, and showed a study where O3 intake leads to 48% increased E2 levels compared to an allegedly already estrogenic diet of O6s. I also mentioned that she has appealing skin, hypothesizing that the lack of glucose protecting from bacterial overgrowth could be a reason along with the use of facial products. Consider also that people tend to be attracted to similar people. High Serotonin, High Estrogen, low energy finding each other. I find a lot of people to similarly have a monotonous voice and a lack of enthusiasm/energy in NA, so is it surprising that they are attracted/see nothing wrong to/with someone who also has these qualities? Talking about confirmation bias, do you want to bet that many of these comments are from proponents of the keto diet looking for arguments to support their views ?

I don't know many celebs, maybe if one comes to mind or gets posted here I'll quote you to show you the traits I find attractive. IRL I do see older women who retain youthful qualities even past her age, I notice they tend to be low stress and into charitable/socially conscious works and you wouldn't expect them to seek fame.

The only thing I'm mad about is how you felt the need to publicly criticize a beautiful nice lady based on superficial meaningless things. She litteraly looks like the nicest person
Ok that sounds reasonable, I probably should have kept it to myself although when I do have these thoughts I don't mean it in a harsh/negative way but from a neutral point of view trying to learn and understand but I can see how it can come off as hurtful.

A friend of mine who follows her says she’s against fructose because of some ATP trapping.

This is serious reductionist quackery. I can’t wrap my head around those biochemistry mega-nerds who try to work around the glycogenesis-glycogenolysis absolutely normal way of life. I don’t get it.

So 40 is the new 30 now? I was told “you’ll see what happens when you’re 30”. I look better now that I’m getting closer to 31 than when I was 25, my diet being great, and it’s not dopamine from success this year ha...

rei

Much talk about her looks, while no-one has mentioned that she has developed a clear lisp since her last appearance.

Runenight201

None of you guys know anything about her lol it's the definition of judgmental. You guys think that just because you neglect a certain nutrient out of your diet that you're all some sort of supreme beings. I cringe reading the ***t you guys say on these threads sometimes.

A woman isn't attractive unless she takes thyroid, progesterone, niacinamide, aspirin, b-vitamins, vitamin E, and drinks milk.

somuch4food

Even the smallest amounts of Omega 3s make me manic, like I just took amphetamine or cocaine. I was reading, and I found out that they are ridiculously excitotoxic and speed up nerve function at the expense of basically every other tissue in your body.

I had a manic episode in June. It took me a while to figure out it was omega 3s. That was before finding Peat. During that week, I was eating oatmeal with walnuts and flax seeds for breakfast. I also ate hummus made with canola oil on bread for lunch 2 days in a row. By friday, I was unable to focus on my computer at work. I only felt ok when interacting with people since it kept my mind quiet.

I thought the general consensus here was that while following the strict Peat diet is questionable as to it's efficacy, his stance on PUFA is gospel

I agree with too much PUFA being bad. But we could argue on what level is acceptable.

Why should we not be allowed to judge people? I don't see anything wrong with judging as long as you are open to change your opinion when new data presents itself.

Judging from your comment you must be a millenial. I am one and I find it horrible how entitled we can sound as a generation. Judgement is an essential part of life.

The key is to know that you might be wrong. Being stubborn in your opinions is where it can get ugly.

Beautiful is highly subjective. Saying she is beautiful is judging her too btw. Just because you negatively judge her does not make it wrong.

Ok that sounds reasonable, I probably should have kept it to myself although when I do have these thoughts I don't mean it in a harsh/negative way but from a neutral point of view trying to learn and understand but I can see how it can come off as hurtful.

By no means should you keep to yourself because one guy on the forum was offended. People today are really touchy even when it doesn't affect them personnally. Being critical is important in my opinion, but not encouraged in modern education.

Last edited:

Lynne

its a cookware thing, you wouldn't understand.

Giggle :)

a0fd4999447017f272c2762c988cb915.jpg

L

lollipop

I had a manic episode in June. It took me a while to figure out it was omega 3s. That was before finding Peat. During that week, I was eating oatmeal with walnuts and flax seeds for breakfast. I also ate hummus made with canola oil on bread for lunch 2 days in a row. By friday, I was unable to focus on my computer at work. I only felt ok when interacting with people since it kept my mind quiet.

I agree with too much PUFA being bad. But we could argue on what level is acceptable.

Why should we not be allowed to judge people? I don't see anything wrong with judging as long as you are open to change your opinion when new data presents itself.

Judging from your comment you must be a millenial. I am one and I find it horrible how entitled we can sound as a generation. Judgement is an essential part of life.

The key is to know that you might be wrong. Being stubborn in your opinions is where it can get ugly.

Beautiful is highly subjective. Saying she is beautiful is judging her too btw. Just because you negatively judge her does not make it wrong.

By no means should you keep to yourself because one guy on the forum was offended. People today are really touchy even when it doesn't affect them personnally. Being critical is important in my opinion, but not encouraged in modern education.
Nice insights - you seem to be on a balanced track.

lampofred

The only judgment that should happen is anger at people who purposefully deceive and sicken millions of people to make billions of dollars from chronic treatments while never providing a proper cure. AKA a few corrupt healthcare execs who have ruined the reputation of the industry as a whole

Everyone else is just trying to do the best they can with the information they have & honestly should actually be commended for being able to do so well in life even while being chronically poisoned daily with fish oil, statins, etc.

Stramonium

Maybe she shouldn't assume fish oil is good for her and stop spreading misinformation

Waynish

he is all excited about " shooting a four hundred pound animal". what a pathetic gross man with no hair.

Someone is a feminist :) If you're a fish, then **** you... If you're a 400 pound animal, then anyone who eats you is a monster! I would agree in sentiment; anyone who can conquer a 400 monster is more of a monster - but not in the sort of moral superiority that you're implying.

Why does OP care about Patrick so much? She's basically mainstream plus some down-to-earthness... Nothing special. She was probably taking fish oil while pregnant too... Genius :)

Matt C

eh I've found the unfortunate side of this forum which seem to be over analyzing the looks of a seemingly normal looking woman of her age and equating it to ball park assumptions like Serotonin, estrogen, endotoxin, PUFA intake, low thyroid and other Peat buzz words. These seem to be such reaches it makes me cringe a little.
I just came here to see if there is merit in the information they shared.

GreekDemiGod

She looks far better and is more energetic than most 40 year old women I know.
I think Rhonda is in her mid 30s, definitely not 40. About 36 - 37 by now.
She does not look bad for her age, she does regular phyisical activity. She eats a paleo-ish diet, not necessarily low-carb, she eats read meat once a week and reduces satured fats. She is big on the fiber. She takes a lot of supplements too

nbznj

I find it odd that savvy people still supplement with stuff like fish oil when they could just eat sardines

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals