Rhonda Patrick Is Mega-dosing Fish Oil

She takes 5-6 grams per day per her most recent Joe Rogan appearance (42 minutes in):

Last edited:

Elephanto

As an effort to contribute to this week's episode of "RPF judges people based on appearance", I shall comment that I've noticed a lifeless look and very unappealing low energy vibe from her.

Last edited:

Mito

After that Joe Rogan says he takes 3 tablespoons of Carlson’s fish oil but says he has no idea how many grams that is. He probably means teaspoons not tablespoons. Three teaspoons of Carlson’s fish oil is almost 5 grams of omega 3s.

Elephanto

After that Joe Rogan says he takes 3 tablespoons of Carlson’s fish oil but says he has no idea how many grams that is. He probably means teaspoons not tablespoons. Three teaspoons of Carlson’s fish oil is almost 5 grams of omega 3s.
Probably 3 tbsps. I don't think he has ever heard of Omega 3s having any negative effect, and it would fit with his mentality of overdoing pretty much anything he thinks is beneficial.

lampofred

Even the smallest amounts of Omega 3s make me manic, like I just took amphetamine or cocaine. I was reading, and I found out that they are ridiculously excitotoxic and speed up nerve function at the expense of basically every other tissue in your body. They will also lead to cancer and hair loss in the long-run, but they act like amphetamine in the short-run, which is why you see mental benefits for ADHD, cognitive function, etc. in studies.

D

danishispsychic

he is all excited about " shooting a four hundred pound animal". what a pathetic gross man with no hair.

bcopeland

As an effort to contribute to this week's episode of "RPF judges people based on appearance", I shall comment that I've noticed a lifeless look and very unappealing low energy vibe from her.

Yes I don't mean this in a judgmental way but I do try to pay attention to how people look and emote and she seems to have clammy skin (sympathetic nervous system?) and a very expressionless face and personality (thyroid / insular cortex?). While there can certainly be many causes for this (neurological, psychological, nutritional, etc.) it has always stuck out whenever I've seen her... Not sure what to make of it but I'm wondering if her excessive green smoothies and possibly fish oil consumption have something to do with it...

Elephanto

@bcopeland I think being on a low carbs diet would be the main fabric of her cake, the rest being the cream on top. She does have appealing skin on the Rogan video, but it could be mainly due to facial products and maybe the only benefit of ketogenic diet is that the lack of glucose doesn't feed pathogens like Candida. Nothing that regular antiseptics use (especially concomitant with a meal like mixing carbs with coconut oil and oregano to prevent bacterial feeding) can't replace.

Attakai

She looks far better and is more energetic than most 40 year old women I know.
he is all excited about " shooting a four hundred pound animal". what a pathetic gross man with no hair.
Got nothing against people who hunt for food

Elephanto

She looks far better and is more energetic than most 40 year old women I know.

Got nothing against people who hunt for food

What about those deep dark circles under her eyes, the absence of playfulness and vividness in her eyes, the melancholic expression that you can notice when you pause the video at any moment, her hoarse voice synonymous with high Estrogen and monotony that doesn't sound very energetic. Not that I expect you to agree with me on any of these observations since you already stated your position but still, this is what I perceive.

I think a comparison with a child would be relevant if we can define them as beings full of energy, joy, luminosity, desires, intensity and lacking restraint. She has a very adult vibe in the sense that she is devoid of any child-like characteristics.

Last edited:

Peater

Yes it's almost like men and women are different despite the 24/7 propaganda

Where do you think gelatin comes from, by the way?

Lynne

I noticed a big difference in her appearance in this compared to past interviews (from at least a few years ago), and more that you'd expect with ageing in that time. But if she's just had a kid and is getting no sleep that would probably explain a lot of it.

Last edited:

Attakai

What about those deep dark circles under her eyes, the absence of playfulness and vividness in her eyes, the melancholic expression that you can notice when you pause the video at any moment, her hoarse voice synonymous with high Estrogen and monotony that doesn't sound very energetic. Not that I expect you to agree with me on any of these observations since you already stated your position but still, this is what I perceive.

I think a comparison with a child would be relevant if we can define them as beings full of energy, joy, luminosity, desires, intensity and lacking restraint. She has a very adult vibe in the sense that she is devoid of any child-like characteristics.
Sure all those things you said are there to some degree, and if you compare her to a 20 year old she would look bad. I'm just stating for a 40 year old woman who just had a kid she doesn't look bad. Do you have any examples of woman that are doing vastly better than her at that age(who haven't done plastic surgery)?

Her Instagram page is a bunch of weird neurotic nutritionism posts.

She believes too much in reductionist nutrition. Orthorexia 101.

I think she’s also scared of fructose which she has labeled ATP-trapping or something.

I used to enjoy her talks but changed my mind after someone here made me rethink her. Anyone who’s scared of fructose is running into a wall IMO. Biochemistry don’t care

Spokey

Starting the timer now.
111038-bigthumbnail.jpg

jitsmonkey

You will rarely a find human who is holding themselves out as an
all knowing celebrity expert, selling books, services, etc... who looks healthy/well/happy.
That gig is stressful AF.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

I think she’s also scared of fructose which she has labeled ATP-trapping or something.

I used to enjoy her talks but changed my mind after someone here made me rethink her. Anyone who’s scared of fructose is running into a wall IMO. Biochemistry don’t care
I just looked at her instagram and my aunt liked one of her posts. :(

Lynne

+1 on that
I've aired my views on Rhonda more extensively in other discussions about this interview. In summary, I consider her to be an overconfident pretender who's opinion is sought mostly as a consequence of her ability to sell herself as an 'expert'.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals