Can't Stop Fish Oil Supplementation

mostlylurking

P.S. That fish oil is poison. it is part of the problem. It is not part of the solution. PUFA, including fish oil, is toxic to your thyroid. Your joints get inflamed and your immune system won't work right if your thyroid is not working properly.

mostlylurking

P.S. again: The reason why your symptoms improve on the fish oil is because it is damaging the functioning of your immune system. Your symptoms improve a little on it but it's killing you in the long run. Just stop it. Take some aspirin. If I'm hurting, I can stop it in 20 minutes if I take about 500 mg aspirin dissolved in boiling water, along with about 1/32 teaspoon thiamine powder and 1/32 teaspoon niacinamide powder dissolved in a glass of orange juice. Read Dr. Peat's writings. Listen to Dr. Peat's radio interviews. Following his knowledge gave me back my life.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Richiebogie

I have Crohn's and arthritis, and have been taking nearly 5 grams of Carlson's liquid fish oil every day. I would like to stop the supplementation; but whenever I stop taking it, I get flare ups within 2 days. Fish oil is extremely helpful for controlling these diseases.

Have you tried reducing your dose slowly over time?

Since you had difficulty eliminating entirely, see if 1g is sufficient, and if not go to 2g or 3g.

An alternative is to switch to 150g of wild Alaskan salmon per day. (About 5.5 Ounces).

This has 5g of fish oil in it, but will provide useful nutrients with the questionable omega 3 fats.

Fish has good quality protein, vitamin b12, niacin, selenium etc.

A week or so after switching, you could try having salmon every second or third day, and substituting a less fatty white fish on the rest days!

Last edited:

Daft

P.S. again: The reason why your symptoms improve on the fish oil is because it is damaging the functioning of your immune system. Your symptoms improve a little on it but it's killing you in the long run. Just stop it. Take some aspirin. If I'm hurting, I can stop it in 20 minutes if I take about 500 mg aspirin dissolved in boiling water, along with about 1/32 teaspoon thiamine powder and 1/32 teaspoon niacinamide powder dissolved in a glass of orange juice. Read Dr. Peat's writings. Listen to Dr. Peat's radio interviews. Following his knowledge gave me back my life.

If you're hurting in what way? Similarly to the OP? What makes you choose thiamine and niacinamide?

Daft

I have Crohn's and arthritis, and have been taking nearly 5 grams of Carlson's liquid fish oil every day. I would like to stop the supplementation; but whenever I stop taking it, I get flare ups within 2 days. Fish oil is extremely helpful for controlling these diseases.

I am wondering if anyone is on the same/similar boat as me? The main reason why I want to stop taking fish oil is to reduce lipid peroxidation in my brain.

You could try other potent anti inflammatory substances like astaxanthin and boswellia

Daft

Increased my bone broth intake.
How much bone broth did you take before and after you increased it? How long did it take for increasing it to work? When do you take it and how often? How do you prepare it yourself?

This is valuable for me to know since it has worked for you, im going to try it again

OP
L

Logan-

I use a recipe similar to this one: Bone Broth Frequently Asked Questions | Whole9 I make it in a pressure cooker instead to decrease the cooking time. I cook it for six hours. It should become jelly-like when it stays in the refrigerator for a day.

I used to take it 2-3 times in a week, now I take it every day. The amount is the same, 500 ml bone broth. I generally take it at night. It didn't take long for it to work for me, in a week my gut was in a much better shape and I was able to stop taking the fish oil.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals