Remdesivir Your Savior Is Here

LeeLemonoil

Gilead data suggests coronavirus patients are responding to treatment

A Chicago hospital treating severe Covid-19 patients with Gilead Sciences’ antiviral medicine remdesivir in a closely watched clinical trial is seeing rapid recoveries in fever and respiratory symptoms, with nearly all patients discharged in less than a week, STAT has learned.

Remdesivir was one of the first medicines identified as having the potential to impact SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes Covid-19, in lab tests. The entire world has been waiting for results from Gilead’s clinical trials, and positive results would likely lead to fast approvals by the Food and Drug Administration and other regulatory agencies. If safe and effective, it could become the first approved treatment against the disease.

The University of Chicago Medicine recruited 125 people with Covid-19 into Gilead’s two Phase 3 clinical trials. Of those people, 113 had severe disease. All the patients have been treated with daily infusions of remdesivir.

LLight

Every french doctor on social media looses their ***t because Raoult studies does not have a "proper" control group, trying to find every minutiae that would allow to discredit him.

And there is Remdesivir which has special-favor since the start. No one bats an eye.

Makes me really sick.

jzeno

Remdesivir will cost patients thousands whereas hydroxychloroquine is already generic and dirt cheap.

No bias whatsoever

postman

Both chloroquine and remdesivir are garbage medications and they have both been used in China since January, this isn't news.

RealNeat

Every french doctor on social media looses their ***t because Raoult studies does not have a "proper" control group, trying to find every minutiae that would allow to discredit him.

And there is Remdesivir which has special-favor since the start. No one bats an eye.

Makes me really sick.

"I'm seeing people hyping Remdesivir treatment for COVID, citing study claiming great improvement. While that's hopeful news, please know study is funded by Gilead, the publicly traded company that is the sole manufacturer of Remdesivir. It's on-patent & costs an est. $1000/dose."

To which Sandeep replies; "
And where is the paper or even the pre-print?
Where is the data?

Age? Comorbidities? Antibiotics? Anti-coagulants?Steroids?
D-dimer/LDH/Procalcitonin readings?

And I am scared to RT any anecdotal story, something without verified data."

it doesn't seem so clear cut.

RealNeat

"I'm seeing people hyping Remdesivir treatment for COVID, citing study claiming great improvement. While that's hopeful news, please know study is funded by Gilead, the publicly traded company that is the sole manufacturer of Remdesivir. It's on-patent & costs an est. $1000/dose."

Where is the data?

Both chloroquine and remdesivir are garbage medications and they have both been used in China since January, this isn't news.
Commonality? Antibiotics are being ignored.

LLight

Where is the data?

I've read on Reddit, from a doctor trying to get Remdesivir samples for his hospital's patients, that they wanted to select the patients according to really specific criteria.

The Remdesivir study in its initial state did not specify inclusion criteria, if I'm not mistaken (should be double checked).

Biased study. Double standards. Media hype. Gilead stock up.

RealNeat

I've read on Reddit, from a doctor trying to get Remdesivir samples for his hospital's patients, that they wanted to select the patients according to really specific criteria.

The Remdesivir study in its initial state did not specify inclusion criteria, if I'm not mistaken (should be double checked).

Biased study. Double standards. Media hype. Gilead stock up.
Yup I think the antibiotic route is the most promising, I'm not even sure if the virus itself is doing much. Have you read his connection to TB? He's saying people with (latent?) TB are protected because it's aerobic and helps to prevent the anaerobic Prevotella from taking hold. People are trying to say the TB vaccine is what's preventing it, I highly doubt it.

LLight

Have you read his connection to TB? He's saying people with (latent?) TB are protected because it's aerobic and helps to prevent the anaerobic Prevotella from taking hold.
Yes I've seen. There also exists data showing TB seems to be a big risk factor for covid.
Maybe whether it is latent or actual TB makes a big difference. I guess that having TB is not a good sign regarding one's immune system efficiency.

LLight

Coronavirus drug flops at first trial

No problem. It provided insiders safe double-digit rises in Gilead stocks because of the shilling in the Media.

"News of the failed trial spread after the WHO posted details on its clinical trials database, before it was removed. The WHO has since confirmed the draft report was mistakenly uploaded."

Sure, mistakenly uploaded ;););)

I'm wondering if this failure will increase the likelihood of other treatments being recognized.
I mean, if they can't sell it, what is the point of shilling against other treatments.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

Let’s hope that this means there are actually a few sincere and decent people/Whistleblowers at the WHO that uploaded the study „accidentally“.

Kavie

Gilead data suggests coronavirus patients are responding to treatment

A Chicago hospital treating severe Covid-19 patients with Gilead Sciences’ antiviral medicine remdesivir in a closely watched clinical trial is seeing rapid recoveries in fever and respiratory symptoms, with nearly all patients discharged in less than a week, STAT has learned.

Remdesivir was one of the first medicines identified as having the potential to impact SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes Covid-19, in lab tests. The entire world has been waiting for results from Gilead’s clinical trials, and positive results would likely lead to fast approvals by the Food and Drug Administration and other regulatory agencies. If safe and effective, it could become the first approved treatment against the disease.

The University of Chicago Medicine recruited 125 people with Covid-19 into Gilead’s two Phase 3 clinical trials. Of those people, 113 had severe disease. All the patients have been treated with daily infusions of remdesivir.
Well I for 1 trust Faucci and Gilead! Doctor Reveals that Remdesivir Was the Real Cause For Many Alleged COVID-19 Maladies – Great Mountain Publishing

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals